Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2011, 04:13 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times

Advertisements

I guess the ends justify the means IF you agree with the politics of the POTUS at the time.

Everyone agrees that the information that lead to the killing of UBL came from what the left calls "torture".

Should they have thrown out all information gathered by this "torture"?

I mean, if you want to stand on principle, that is the road we should have taken.

But I feel that if this was a POTUS that the media didn't agree with, he would be getting gutted right now instead of praised.

Yet again, if it weren't for double standards, the left would have none.

"All hail obama!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 04:30 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I guess the ends justify the means IF you agree with the politics of the POTUS at the time.

Everyone agrees that the information that lead to the killing of UBL came from what the left calls "torture".

I mean, if you want to stand on principle, that is the road we should have taken.

But I feel that if this was a POTUS that the media didn't agree with, he would be getting gutted right now instead of praised.

"All hail obama!"
the neocons sure have to dig deep to find something they should be getting their panties in a bunch over

Old 05-03-2011, 04:34 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

"All hail obama!"

But in January 2009, Susan Crawford, then chief of the U.S. military commissions under President George W. Bush, rejected the proposed prosecution of Qahtani because of what had been done to him in interrogations at Guantanamo. “His treatment met the legal definition of torture,” Crawford told the Washington Post’s Bob Woodward.

Bin Laden death rekindles interrogation debate - World news - Death of bin Laden - msnbc.com

The 20th hijacker who fingered Osama, supposedly. He can't be prosecuted because he was tortured by the USA.

Defense.gov News Release: Seasoned Judge Tapped to Head Detainee Trials

Secretary of Defense Robert Gates has designated an experienced former U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces Judge, Susan J. Crawford, to the position of convening authority for military commissions. A veteran lawyer of 30 years, Crawford served as a member of the court of appeals bench from 1991-2006 and also served as general counsel of the Army, special counsel to the secretary of defense, and inspector general of the Department of Defense.

Crawford has agreed to accept the appointment and expects to take office immediately. A noted expert on military law, the depth and breadth of her experiences as a lawyer and judge over three decades was taken into consideration for this appointment.

Silly leftist judges with 30 years of experience. I bet she's hailing Obama right now.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:35 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
How many threads are there going to be on this topic?

Old 05-03-2011, 04:49 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
I dunno. I wondering how many sick people in the world would look forward to having our soldiers tortured for information. It works both ways.

Iraqi torture was bad. Real bad. Power drill bad. When I first went there as a contractor, they told us we were non combatants and were not allowed to fight back or pick up a weapon if we were going to be captured, say in a firefight, if your convoy got waylayed, etc. By my 4th year there, they were telling us that it was in our best interest to pick up a weapon if one was available and blow the hell out of the adversary. Because you did not want to become a POW.

‘Driller killers’ spread a new horror in Iraq - Times Online

Mustafa’s right eye had been gouged out and his right leg broken. Other parts of his body appeared to have been penetrated by an electric drill, an increasingly common tool of torture in Iraq. Mohammed’s body bore similar injuries. Both men had been shot in the head.

i
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies