Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 12:23 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times

Advertisements

Rooney responds to Mendenhall's tweets about bin Laden - NFL - Sporting News

Great. So I guess anyone who doesn't hate Osama with every ounce of their soul is automatically a Benedict Arnold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 12:36 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Rooney responds to Mendenhall's tweets about bin Laden - NFL - Sporting News

Great. So I guess anyone who doesn't hate Osama with every ounce of their soul is automatically a Benedict Arnold.
I guess Mendenhall missed the last ten years where Osama claimed responsibility for 911 and multiple terrorist attacks over the last 20 years against Americans and its interests around the world.

When you're a public figure and you go public with your thoughts be prepare for both negative and positive reactions. If you cant handle that then don't make your views public.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I guess Mendenhall missed the last ten years where Osama claimed responsibility for 911 and multiple terrorist attacks over the last 20 years against Americans and its interests around the world.

When you're a public figure and you go public with your thoughts be prepare for both negative and positive reactions. If you cant handle that then don't make your views public.
I don't remember it stating anywhere that he couldn't "handle" the controversy. His tweets haven't been deleted, and so far there's no statement of him regretting what he said. There's also nothing on his Twitter page saying that Osama was not responsible for the terrorist attacks.

I'll admit that his belief that the towers collapsing were caused by something other than being hit by the hijacked planes is a bit far fetched, but I can't say there was anything downright wrong about anything else he tweeted. His comments were very civil and respectful.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:50 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Hopefully linebackers will put some extra stank on some of their hits.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Ignorance makes it into the NFL... Newsfalsh!

LOL!

Old 05-03-2011, 12:53 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ignorance makes it into the NFL... Newsfalsh!

LOL!
It especially cracks me up when they compare themselves to "slaves."

Old 05-03-2011, 12:57 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Then who cares about backlash? I never stated he could not handle the feedback. Your Title presents Mendenhall on the defensive and your perceived persecution of his character based on his PUBLIC statements. My comment was generalized to his act of public comments.

Obviously something led the author of the article you present to conclude Mendenhall is in denial about Osama's responsibility of the terrorist acts in question.

Why are you so defensive of Mendenhall if he can handle the criticism?

Old 05-03-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Then who cares about backlash? I never stated he could not handle the feedback. Your Title presents Mendenhall on the defensive and your perceived persecution of his character based on his PUBLIC statements. My comment was generalized to his act of public comments.

Obviously something led the author of the article you present to conclude Mendenhall is in denial about Osama's responsibility of the terrorist acts in question.

Why are you so defensive of Mendenhall if he can handle the criticism?
He's a grown man who doesn't need my help. My stance is how ridiculous it is that someone can come under fire for not adhering to groupthink. Personal tweets made into headline stories! But that is the world we live in.

The damn president of the Steelers organization even had to issue a statement, and there's even talk suggesting that he should be traded.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:06 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
He's a grown man who doesn't need my help. My stance is how ridiculous it is that someone can come under fire for not adhering to groupthink. Personal tweets made into headline stories! But that is the world we live in.

You're defending a truther. Would you defend an NFL player if he were a birther or a warmer?

Old 05-03-2011, 01:08 PM

This is media manipulation at its finest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies