Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 11:53 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,177,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moskiter View Post
According to the title of this thread God also wants to have around pedophiles, animal abusers, serial killers, rapists and all others since He creates them. BTW, I want to marry my goat, why can't I? You are all goatphobics!!! Show some TOLERANCE!
Sorry, we covered that with the first 5 lemmings who said the exact same thing. You are talking about violent forceful actions.

Get the government out of marriage and you can marry whatever consenting adult you want. Goat boy is still around.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:01 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,748,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
you can not prove that.. you just believe that.. because you refuse to believe evidence otherwise..

what makes you the expert on homosexuality anyway?
what about you that is so friggin special and high and mighty that makes you a better reference regarding homosexuality than lets say someone that's actually gay?
who do you think you are?
So you are saying that in order to have an opinion about gay issues one has to be gay? I won't tell you how to live your life. However, I do take exception to everyones gayness being in my face at every turn of my life. It's gone completely over the top.

Someone said get the government out of the marriage business and it'll stop... which couldn't be further from the truth. Getting government out of the marriage business is just one of the first steps to dismantling traditional families entirely. It might not be the goal of the typical gay, but they are being used for that purpose.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moskiter View Post
According to the title of this thread God also wants to have around pedophiles, animal abusers, serial killers, rapists and all others since He creates them. BTW, I want to marry my goat, why can't I? You are all goatphobics!!! Show some TOLERANCE!
A friend is marrying a pine tree this summer. Green peace will be running security. Her parents are an oak and a maple who proved mix marriages can work.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
So you are saying that in order to have an opinion about gay issues one has to be gay? I won't tell you how to live your life. However, I do take exception to everyones gayness being in my face at every turn of my life. It's gone completely over the top.

Someone said get the government out of the marriage business and it'll stop... which couldn't be further from the truth. Getting government out of the marriage business is just one of the first steps to dismantling traditional families entirely. It might not be the goal of the typical gay, but they are being used for that purpose.
So how did traditional families exist prior to the twentieth century? Somehow they made it without government granted marriage licenses for centuries.

What other consenting adults do has nothing to do with my marriage, my relationship with God or my country.

I respect people who admit their bigotry openly as opposed to people who try and hide it with lines like "dismantling traditional families". If two guys 1000 miles away are married and it causes your family to disintegrate, you have bigger problems.

If you want the government to uphold Gods law, why are you not pushing for all 613 of them? Lets get those stones flying!

Old 05-04-2011, 12:54 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,545,714 times
Quote:
I would love to see that verse. So you say we need to keep all 613 laws of God in order to enter Heaven? Sounds like a different Gospel than I am used to.
denying that one exists, or celebrating (marriage) the fact that your violating one of them might prevent you from entering it.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:08 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,019,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
all she had to do was go to a lawyer.. a POA (power of attorney) costs less than a marrige license (permission slip), and has more power than a marriage license
Buying a lawyer's time is cheaper than a $15 marriage license? Please. Next you'll tell me it's less of a hassle too, I bet.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
So how did traditional families exist prior to the twentieth century? Somehow they made it without government granted marriage licenses for centuries.

What other consenting adults do has nothing to do with my marriage, my relationship with God or my country.

I respect people who admit their bigotry openly as opposed to people who try and hide it with lines like "dismantling traditional families". If two guys 1000 miles away are married and it causes your family to disintegrate, you have bigger problems.

If you want the government to uphold Gods law, why are you not pushing for all 613 of them? Lets get those stones flying!
''

There's the typical response. A basic truth leads to an absurd reaction that grows to rediculous.

You said the verses didn't exist, I showed you they do- you had nothing to say.

You said Christians make your (g)od look stupid, I showed you that it's men making Christianity look stupid- you had no response.

I say you that you can live however you want just get the adventures of wanky out of everyones face- no response.

However, I say that it's just a stepping stone to undermining the traditional family and you have a rhetorical konniption fit. Perfect, typical, completely expected.

Hey Einstein, undermining the traditional family is one of the steps needed to bring down the Republic. It isn't about "two guys a 1000 miles away", so don't flatter yourself. It's about the entire load of crap being heaped on the traditional family. Teachers who want control of our kids, gays that want to strip away the true meaning of marriage, a government that thinks they can raise our kids better than parents do. This isn't just about a couple guys 1000 miles away as you use in your dismissive arguement. Not even close.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
There's the typical response. A basic truth leads to an absurd reaction that grows to rediculous.

You said the verses didn't exist, I showed you they do- you had nothing to say.
Yes, I asked where Jesus said we must keep the law to be saved, you had nothing to say.

I think you are bearing false witness.

Quote:
You said Christians make your (g)od look stupid, I showed you that it's men making Christianity look stupid- you had no response.

I say you that you can live however you want just get the adventures of wanky out of everyones face- no response.
I agree, it is men who call themselves Christians that make God and Christians look (word I said) bad.

Quote:
However, I say that it's just a stepping stone to undermining the traditional family and you have a rhetorical konniption fit. Perfect, typical, completely expected.

Hey Einstein, undermining the traditional family is one of the steps needed to bring down the Republic. It isn't about "two guys a 1000 miles away", so don't flatter yourself. It's about the entire load of crap being heaped on the traditional family. Teachers who want control of our kids, gays that want to strip away the true meaning of marriage, a government that thinks they can raise our kids better than parents do. This isn't just about a couple guys 1000 miles away as you use in your dismissive arguement. Not even close.
Rhetoric? No, it is called facts. Do you understand the history of government involvement in marriage?

The only way to bring down a republic is to move away from our constitutional rights and replace them with majority rule. Get the government out of schools (don't add more majority rule laws), let churches and individuals define the meaning of marriage (not majority rule laws).

The saving of the nation will not come through majority rule laws forced on the masses, no law can save people. Christians need to understand that forced conformity to the law is just like good works, filthy rags.

Government Free Marriage

Old 05-04-2011, 11:59 AM

677 posts, read 930,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I guess it's fine if you believe this religiously... although I think this belief system is seriously misguided.

But we don't run the country on religious mores... The country is run on the principals of secular equality and fairness. So no matter how you feel about gays from your religious perspective that is not a justification to limit their legal rights.

Personally I don't hate gays or wish them any harm. I am for them having equal rights & the pursuit of happiness but marriage is a zone religiously they cannot step in, it's against the laws of Almighty God.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
Personally I don't hate gays or wish them any harm. I am for them having equal rights & the pursuit of happiness but marriage is a zone religiously they cannot step in, it's against the laws of Almighty God.
What does marriage have to do with the US government? Churches have every right not to marry gays but the US or even state governments should not be in the marriage decision business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies