Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 05:56 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Bush was a collosal imbecile. His behavior upon hearing the news was true to character: confusion and indecisiveness. Village idiot diplomacy takes times to develop.

Far, far cry from the great President Obama, who has succeeded where Bush and the GOP have consistently failed.
And if that's the case, the Secret Service surely knew that, too, and worked their plans around it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 05:58 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Bush was a collosal imbecile. His behavior upon hearing the news was true to character: confusion and indecisiveness. Village idiot diplomacy takes times to develop.
Now, you know damned well Bush's behavior reflected his knowing what was coming down beforehand.

He may have been a colloidal idiot, but he was an informed colloidal idiot.

He did his job as best he knew how, and was told.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:59 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,526,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I doubt that the President gets to just excuse himself to use the toilet without company, but I really don't know, lol. The point is that he was secure where he was while they figured out how and where to move him. If they didn't think so, he would have been hustled out of there stat. And he's got people monitoring the situation who will brief him as soon as possible.

I'm just trying to inject some logic into this conversation. Sorry.
If he was the commando guy and the decider.....his words,
he should have just got up on his own....

Old 05-03-2011, 06:11 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Listen, I'm not trolling but, this is the one thing that tips me to at least being a little fishy, about everything that happened on that day and that the govts. story is the whole truth and nothing but the truth.....
I know if someone told me that the 2nd plane hit, I would have excused myself, discretly and gone in the back with my staff and I think most people, even a 7th grader, would have done the same....
so if the govts. story is all true....
why did W continue reading to the kids after the 1st one hit and then stand there frozen after the 2nd one?
Ok, I could see him thinking (again though, I don't know if he was told that it was a commercial jet) that the 1st plane was probably just a small private plane that crashed into it and carried on his business,
however on the 2nd one?
Well, again, if there was no shadiness going on, how do you explain his, at best, different, at worst, bizarre, behavior, in the classroom?
Trolling, would be if I just come out and said W was caught with his pants down, knew something was up and just sat there since his plan when through and he felt guilty, what a slimeball....
however, I'm trying to see, particulary what conservatives and GOPers, come up with, in their explination
Good lord. Can we let this go? FahrenHYPE 9/11 did a moment by moment breakdown suggesting Bush made eye contact with his staff and gave a head nod of acknowledgment.

We have enough conspiracy theories for one week.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Good lord. Can we let this go? FahrenHYPE 9/11 did a moment by moment breakdown suggesting Bush made eye contact with his staff and gave a head nod of acknowledgment.

We have enough conspiracy theories for one week.
Head nod of acknowledgement and still continued to read to the kids?
That even makes it seem (again seem, not is) more like he's acknowledging his plan to ignore warnings so he can invade Iraq and take this country to a police state worked.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Head nod of acknowledgement and still continued to read to the kids?
That even makes it seem (again seem, not is) more like he's acknowledging his plan to ignore warnings so he can invade Iraq and take this country to a police state worked.
People have been dissecting it all for years. If there's no firm answer at this point, then there's not going to be. We took the country in a new direction, ended the war in Iraq and closed the chapter on 9/11.

I just don't see much value in beating this dead monkey.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:27 PM

537 posts, read 1,034,641 times
Quote:
No one has given a logical response so far, as to whether or not, Bush's behavior, on that day, falls in the line of normalcy.....IMO, it doesn't and it's a big yellow flag on accepting the govts, version of 9/11.
Clearly from your posts a logical answer is only one which you happen to agree with. Let me guess you're one of the group of people who think the moon landing was faked?

Old 05-03-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcho View Post
Clearly from your posts a logical answer is only one which you happen to agree with. Let me guess you're one of the group of people who think the moon landing was faked?
Instead of attacking what I want as a right, logical answer, why don't you come up with one?

Old 05-03-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Instead of attacking what I want as a right, logical answer, why don't you come up with one?
What sort of answer are you looking for? People have been asking this question for 10 years. I just don't understand. Some people believe it shows he was expecting the attacks, others believe he was in control and didn't want to disturb the children.

Pick your side. There's no definitive answer.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:59 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmoday View Post
Bush, HAHAHAHAHA, hes a joke and will die being one of the worst presidents in history. Two wars, one illegal and could not even get the guy who helped bring down the towers.
Wrong. There was no "illegal war."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies