Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 12:42 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times

Advertisements

You want to know what else is funny? The same people here that don't need the photos to be sure they were told the truth are the same ones who believed the first story released from the WH about the raid with....wait for it....wait for it.... ABSOLUTELY NO FACTS! Now, they believe the second and third stories the same way when there are NO FACTS! Didn't the first one not being the truth tell you guys something? I mean really, you got people saying that we should trust that the gov. is telling us the truth while they believe a FAKE story that the WH put out and have no problem at all just moving right to the next one and believing that one just as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 12:43 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
This isn't a left/right issue.

I am probably to the left of everyone on CD. I find the lack of transparency of our government to be shocking and disgusting. And, given the conflicting nature of the facts coming out, I am wondering what there is to hide.

Without the release of photos, or a body, I have absolutely no reason to believe the official story. It looks like the administration is hiding something.

People who believe a pro corporate/pro military administration without question are quite naive. Wikileaks, alone, should be proof of the cover up and other junk our Government does. We should all be united in demanding evidence and facts.
i am probably way to the right of you then, but i have to agree with the point of your post.

as my father used to say, "trust, but verify".

there really is historical proof of danger with blind allegiance.

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
<snip>And now we have the supreme liar in the White House telling us OBL is dead, no facts, just words from a known liar...
Anything short of squeezing the trigger yourself wouldn't satisfy people who think like you do.

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Those who have family in the military know that the photos have been released to certain parties. There are enough of us who are utterly convinced that it did, in fact, happen. Just because the "general public" may not be privy to them, it doesn't mean that they don't exist. As some have already stated, there are people out there who could see the real deal and swear that they were photo-shopped. Do we always hear the truth? No, that's for certain. Are we always lied to...again, no, that's for certain.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:45 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Why were photos of Saddam and his boys shown? Not to mention all the other photos of "the enemy" shown over time? Saddam boys were pretty gruesome as well. I didnt hear to many complaints about those.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:46 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
THIS ISN'T A LEFT/RIGHT ISSUE!

I am a leftist and I am demanding evidence like you. I remember Wikileaks. Please stop with your broad brush strokes.
fair enough. there is a tiny contingent amongst the left who seem to think the way you do, though. the rest are more than happy to believe whatever announcement comes from obama's mouth - even if he said something very different just the day before...

3,083 posts, read 4,009,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaffronP15 View Post
I think its disgusting, why would anyone want to see a dead, shot up body? I doubt Congress would lie about something like this, I don't think they're THAT lowdown. People who are upset over not seeing a photo or video need some help, really close to savagery if you ask me.
Congress has a well established history of lying. I don't think those that want to see some actual proof are that far out of line.

As far as savagery goes there was ample savagery on display by the nitwits dancing in the streets the night of the announcement.

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Those who have family in the military know that the photos have been released to certain parties. There are enough of us who are utterly convinced that it did, in fact, happen. Just because the "general public" may not be privy to them, it doesn't mean that they don't exist. As some have already stated, there are people out there who could see the real deal and swear that they were photo-shopped. Do we always hear the truth? No, that's for certain. Are we always lied to...again, no, that's for certain.
The people in the military don't know if it was really OBL. All they know is that some mission went down. Every soldier was NOT shown the DNA results if any at all were.

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I think that part of the concern is that they'll be dumber, that there are members of the American public who would use the photographs in a taunting manner. The situation doesn't need to be inflamed in that way.
Yes, lets all cower and be afraid, lets not stand up for ourselves.

The situation was inflamed when two planes attacked the WTC......

Yes, lets not get inflamed at the person who did this.....

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force View Post
I could give you a perfectly believable photoshopped photo, call it the real one, and you'd never know the difference. Why would a photo released from the White House make you feel any different from your current situation?
I would LOVE to see you try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies