Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 01:29 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
Sweet sweet land of freedom of information.

To withhold information is disgusting. Did you learn nothing from wikileaks?
That poster was ALL FOR releasing the wikileaks stuff. I had an argument with them about it way back when it happened. They said something along the lines of seeing what our government is really up to is a good thing. But not here I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 01:32 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Obama is not making this into a controversy. The conspiracy theorists are. People are constructing conspiracies where there are none. Obama isn't turning anything bad.

The picture of a dead OBL will prove nothing to people who refuse to believe the SEALs killed him earlier this week. They will show "proof" it's been photoshopped, just like the Birth Certificate he release. It will never be enough.

Obama never said he would release the photos, Panetta did.

OBL is dead. It's a good thing.
Exactly. If the photos were released, then the conspiracy loons will spend the next 2 years hacking up the picture, falsifying it, posting threads about it all day.

I think it's kind of sick/morbid to release these photos. C'mon OP, either you just want to look at shot up bodies or you want to see the picture so you can start a new conspiracy.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:35 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
The Left will NEVER get it. Why should they? They don't believe in following the rule of law, so why should they believe in evidence?

Old 05-04-2011, 01:37 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The Left will NEVER get it. Why should they? They don't believe in following the rule of law, so why should they believe in evidence?
Really? Just the Left, is it?

How about the Birthers, who still don't believe in the long form now that it was released? Now I know they don't make up the entire right but they certainly seem to on C-D Forum. Yeah, only the Left doesn't deal with evidence.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:37 PM

396 posts, read 906,274 times
Quote:
That poster was ALL FOR releasing the wikileaks stuff. I had an argument with them about it way back when it happened. They said something along the lines of seeing what our government is really up to is a good thing. But not here I suppose.
This is what bothers me so much. So freakin much.

I believe in freedom of information. This is not a Democrat/Republican or even Left/Right issue. It's an issue of information and transparency. I am absolutely disgusted at the jersey cheering on both sides. When a Republican does something the posters yell and scream and when a Democrat does it they twist themselves in defense of it. The same thing for the other side (I don't post on the politic forums due to the ridiculous right wing slant on them so I have no idea if your guilty of this behavior or not).

Old 05-04-2011, 01:40 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,160,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
This.

He releases the photos, they'll complain about that.

As they id with the birth certificate.

The picture is something that should never be released to the public.
I don't need to see a picture to believe that idiot is dead. Most of you hillbillies on here are a special breed. You blame Obama for everything and when he makes a good decision like ordering the hit on OBL, you find ways to fault him for it. You need to see the pics just like you needed to see his BC. Guess what? Obama is like eff all of you because he knows he can't win anything with the hood and robe crowd.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:40 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
This is what bothers me so much. So freakin much.

I believe in freedom of information. This is not a Democrat/Republican or even Left/Right issue. It's an issue of information and transparency. I am absolutely disgusted at the jersey cheering on both sides. When a Republican does something the posters yell and scream and when a Democrat does it they twist themselves in defense of it. The same thing for the other side (I don't post on the politic forums due to the ridiculous right wing slant on them so I have no idea if your guilty of this behavior or not).
Would you be willing to wait a few years for access to the photos? Why do you need to see them right now?

[Obama's reasons for not releasing them now are sound]

Old 05-04-2011, 01:44 PM

974 posts, read 1,587,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
I don't need to see a picture to believe that idiot is dead. Most of you hillbillies on here are a special breed. You blame Obama for everything and when he makes a good decision like ordering the hit on OBL, you find ways to fault him for it. You need to see the pics just like you needed to see his BC. Guess what? Obama is like eff all of you because he knows he can't win anything with the hood and robe crowd.

Well that didn't take long for the Race card to be played.

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times
I agree with the OP, I've heard several stories about when, and how this whole thing went down. Then we hear that the pictures will be released, only to hear today that they will not be released.

To date, this event has been handled in a very inexperienced way and because of that it raises natural doubts.

3,085 posts, read 7,249,055 times
Quote:

lmao!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies