Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 02:06 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Wow, where can I get one of these cushy tax-payer funded jobs that lets me surf the Internet at "work" and complain about liberals destroying the country?
LOL, if you're at work right now and actually posting on City-Data, I may be starting to see why they choose to go overseas with the jobs.

(And yes, I work full time but I only come on here when I'm on lunch or break outside of the office and on my phone.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 02:07 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
What's the issue with CEO pay? Are they earning their wages illegally or something? I don't see an issue other than your envy of their success.
What is your idea of CEO wages in the countries we're losing the jobs to? At least answer that if you don't want to touch my previous post.

PS. You're no liberal but creating a thread to whine about jobs going overseas.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:07 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
No I don't. I'm in a statutorily regulated profession, my job requires a security clearence, and I'm awesome.

I see. So you work for the govt. or govt. contract, maybe you are part of the entitlement crowd that we need to get rid of. Certainly a drain on the economy.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:10 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I see. So you work for the govt. or govt. contract, maybe you are part of the entitlement crowd that we need to get rid of. Certainly a drain on the economy.
I love how this turned to valid criticisms of liberal policies surrounding business, to criticizing my job at a non-profit that gets no public funding, and also my laziness at work, even though I'm not at work and took off today.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:11 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Why do liberals complain about jobs going overseas rather than do something about it?

I am trying to do my part. I only buy made in America clothing and furniture
If I can find American made products I buy them even though they cost more.

I can't force anybody else to buy American but I am not putting Americans out of work with my buying habits.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:12 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
I love how this turned to valid criticisms of liberal policies surrounding business, to criticizing my job at a non-profit that gets no public funding, and also my laziness at work, even though I'm not at work and took off today.
What non-profit requires a security clearance?

Old 05-04-2011, 02:12 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
So you're home today, doesn't add any credibility to your one sided , 'let's not look at the whole picture' crticisms.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:14 PM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
You took off? Not acceptable. Must outsource statutorily regulated profession to India.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:19 PM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
What non-profit requires a security clearance?
There are plenty of non-profit Associations in the DC area. Some, I can imagine, the need for a security clearance. A matter of fact the DC area, specifically northern Va has the most non-profits in the whole country. All feeding off the teet of the fed. That is why they are located there.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:25 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,786 times
Accounting jobs are not immune. Many large legal and accounting firms farm out their work to low cost India.

"The reason lies in the numbers; accountants in the United States typically earn $4,000 a month. In places like India it's closer to $400, says David Wyle, CEO and founder of SurePrep, a tax-outsourcing firm based in southern California that's employed more than 200 accountants in Bombay and Ahmedabad, India."

Guess whose job is going abroad? - Feb. 25, 2004
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies