Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 02:08 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
I do not have a problem with the Muslim. I do how ever have a problem with their law!

What part of this did you not get.

Why you insist on ignoring the facts as they exist in other countries, is beyond me.

I can't make this more simple than it has been made all ready.

PS: I'm not repeating myself again. ~ good day ~
Sure you could make it more simple - just answer "Yes." or "No." to a yes or no question.

Do you believe that every single Muslim in America would impose Sharia law in this country if they were in a position to make that happen?

I'm not even contesting you having a problem with Sharia law. Really. I can understand that position. But that's not the point. The point is that a presidential candidate, because of his problem with Sharia, will not appoint any Muslims to his administration or to any federal bench. In order for him to make that announcement, he must believe that every single Muslim in America, if he or she got the chance, would impose Sharia law. Otherwise making an announcement like that would be simple anti-Muslim bigotry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 02:15 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Sure you could make it more simple - just answer "Yes." or "No." to a yes or no question.

Do you believe that every single Muslim in America would impose Sharia law in this country if they were in a position to make that happen?

I'm not even contesting you having a problem with Sharia law. Really. I can understand that position. But that's not the point. The point is that a presidential candidate, because of his problem with Sharia, will not appoint any Muslims to his administration or to any federal bench. In order for him to make that announcement, he must believe that every single Muslim in America, if he or she got the chance, would impose Sharia law. Otherwise making an announcement like that would be simple anti-Muslim bigotry.
Quote:
because of his problem with Sharia, will not appoint any Muslims
Can you blame him?

Old 05-11-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Can you blame him?
Yes, because I believe the answer to the question below is "No." What do you think the answer to this question is?

Old 05-11-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Yes, because I believe the answer to the question below is "No." What do you think the answer to this question is?

Not every one of them, but enough of them to make a difference.

And here's where:
Shariah, the Threat to America » Publications » Family Security Matters

here's the pdf report:
http://www.worldsecuritynetwork.com/documents/Shariah_The_Threat_to_America_%28Team_B_II_Report% 29_9-14-10.pdf (broken link)

and another quick link:
Shariah: The Threat to America

Unfortunate for the Muslim, but in the area of trust, they have a negative mark above their head. In order to establish trust, they will have to work really, really, hard at it.

So, rinse and repeat: We love the Muslim, we do not, love their law.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Not every one of them, but enough of them to make a difference.

Unfortunate for the Muslim, but in the area of trust, they have a negative mark above their head. In order to establish trust, they will have to work really, really, hard at it.

So, rinse and repeat: We love the Muslim, we do not, love their law.
Finally, something close to an answer! So you would agree that in the end, the answer to the yes or no question is a qualified no. You would argue that a Muslim who worked "really, really hard" to show they would not impose Sharia in the US should be allowed to serve their country.

I have to say that it's sad that you stereotype all Muslims in America - and give any Muslim in America "a negative mark" when it comes to "the area of trust." However, I guess it's not all bad, you're willing to establish trust if they work really really hard at it. Good for you for leaving the door open a crack - if a Muslim works really really hard to earn your trust, they just might be able to do it!

However, Cain does not agree with you. He thinks that even a Muslim who worked "really really hard" to "establish trust" should not be allowed a place in his administration or on a federal bench. Do you agree with that?

Old 05-11-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Finally, something close to an answer! So you would agree that in the end, the answer to the yes or no question is a qualified no. You would argue that a Muslim who worked "really, really hard" to show they would not impose Sharia in the US should be allowed to serve their country.

I have to say that it's sad that you stereotype all Muslims in America - and give any Muslim in America "a negative mark" when it comes to "the area of trust." However, I guess it's not all bad, you're willing to establish trust if they work really really hard at it. Good for you for leaving the door open a crack - if a Muslim works really really hard to earn your trust, they just might be able to do it!

However, Cain does not agree with you. He thinks that even a Muslim who worked "really really hard" to "establish trust" should not be allowed a place in his administration or on a federal bench. Do you agree with that?
Read, and find out if you still agree with it. I'm done with it, and have been done with your twisting of my words to suit you.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Read, and find out if you still agree with it. I'm done with it, and have been done with your twisting of my words to suit you.
I'm not arguing about whether Sharia is a threat to America! For the sake of the discussion in this thread only, I'll even agree with you that Sharia is a threat to America.

When Cain (and to an extent you) say "I will not appoint any Muslims to my administration because Sharia is a threat to America," there is an assumption made within the statement. That assumption is that every Muslim in America, if they could, would impose Sharia law in America. It is literally prejudice. You may be able to support a candidate like that, but I would not vote for a candidate for office who publicly expresses prejudice against an entire religious group of people. Cain believes that every single Muslim in America would impose Sharia if they were in a position to do so. That is prejudice.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I'm not arguing about whether Sharia is a threat to America! For the sake of the discussion in this thread only, I'll even agree with you that Sharia is a threat to America.

When Cain (and to an extent you) say "I will not appoint any Muslims to my administration because Sharia is a threat to America," there is an assumption made within the statement. That assumption is that every Muslim in America, if they could, would impose Sharia law in America. It is literally prejudice. You may be able to support a candidate like that, but I would not vote for a candidate for office who publicly expresses prejudice against an entire religious group of people. Cain believes that every single Muslim in America would impose Sharia if they were in a position to do so. That is prejudice.
Poll reveals 40pc of Muslims want sharia law in UK - Telegraph

"Four out of 10 British Muslims want sharia law introduced into parts of the country, a survey reveals today."

So there are your odds, care to wager the bet? How do we insure that the one appointed to office is not one out of the four? Do you have a solution for that?

Team B II Letter to Congressional Leaders on the Muslim Brotherhood Influence in and Penetration of the US Government | Shariah: the Threat to America

No one wants to hear anything on this subject. They all slam the door in their face and name call them a bigot.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Poll reveals 40pc of Muslims want sharia law in UK - Telegraph

"Four out of 10 British Muslims want sharia law introduced into parts of the country, a survey reveals today."

So there are your odds, care to wager the bet? How do we insure that the one appointed to office is not one out of the four? Do you have a solution for that?
So because there is a minority of Muslims who want to introduce Sharia law into the UK, no Muslim in the US should be allowed to serve in government? I think there's got to be an easier (and less prejudicial) solution than "Well, might as well impose an unconstitutional religious test!"

How do we assure that one appointed to office isn't one of the four (in the UK)? Maybe judge a person based on their actions throughout their career, rather than assume that somebody who has been an otherwise honorable public or private servant has actually been waiting for the opportunity to impose Sharia law in the US once they get a chance?

Old 05-11-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
So because there is a minority of Muslims who want to introduce Sharia law into the UK, no Muslim in the US should be allowed to serve in government? I think there's got to be an easier (and less prejudicial) solution than "Well, might as well impose an unconstitutional religious test!"

How do we assure that one appointed to office isn't one of the four (in the UK)? Maybe judge a person based on their actions throughout their career, rather than assume that somebody who has been an otherwise honorable public or private servant has actually been waiting for the opportunity to impose Sharia law in the US once they get a chance?
Makes a person wonder how Obama got into the Whitehouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies