Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 04:09 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,962 times

Advertisements

LOL, seems like the only thing a big company has to do anymore is say, "JOBS" and they qualify for another tax give away. you have been getting huge tax cuts for years, where are those jobs?

Old 05-06-2011, 04:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
did you even bother to read you citations? you should really look beyond the headline and look at the facts in the stories.
Thats funny..did you even look at what you quote?
Quote:
But by 2008, Democrats had nearly pulled even with Republicans on BP donations.
And since you are having trouble following along with the thread.. This was in direct dispute to the comment about GOP being owned by big oil
Quote:
I find it is wise to check the facts behind the headlines....
I had no need to go any further because it directly disputes that GOP isnt owned by Big oil no more than the Democrats are, which btw, resulted in Democrats getting $7.5M and the GOP getting $7.3M.. In the event you failed math class, $7.5M is MORE than $7.3M
Quote:
How ironic, ANOTHER EPIC FAIL. do you always offer distortions, are you ever honest?
Speaking of epic failure.. next time follow along with the thread and I wont have to embarass you so much for putting your foot in your mouth trying to prove me wrong, while quoting that I was right..

btw, what distortions did I offer? Are you claiming I now own reuters? Wow.. I didnt know that.. how surprising some anonymous poster knows more about what I own than I do

Old 05-06-2011, 04:12 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Exxon Mobil is by far the most profitable company in the new Fortune 500 list, riding “high oil prices to a staggering $30 billion in income” in 2010.

Exxon made over $10 billion more than fellow oil giant Chevron, the third most profitable company (AT&T edged out Chevron for the number two spot). ConocoPhillips’ $11.4 billion in profits put it in the 16th spot, giving the three oil giants a combined $60.9 billion in profits in 2010.

Today, the Republicans in the House of Representatives celebrated this massive redistribution of wealth from American families to oil executives. With the support of 7 oil-patch Democrats, 234 Republicans voted to block a bill to eliminate a $1.8 billion annual subsidy that treats oil drilling as “domestic manufacturing”:

House Republicans rejected an effort by Democrats Thursday to use a procedural maneuver to force a vote on a bill to repeal a key oil industry tax break.

As they did in March, House Republicans voted unanimously to defend these wasteful, unaffordable and unfair oil subsidies, even though several members told their constituents they want to end them.

Exxon Makes $30.5 Billion, So GOP Votes Unanimously To Give Them Tax Breaks - BlackListedNews.com
When you can't get the first part right, I question the rest of your assertions. "Exxon Mobil is by far the most profitable company in the new Fortune 500 list"

"Exxon Mobil Corporation is a Fortune 500 company. In 2010 Exxon Mobil Corporation was ranked number 2 on the Fortune 500 list, making it the 2nd largest company in the United States when judged by revenue.

Exxon Mobil Corporation achieved revenue of $284,650.00 million in 2010 and earned a profit of $19,280.00 million."

USPages - Exxon Mobil Corporation - the best of US business

Old 05-06-2011, 04:22 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
LOL, seems like the only thing a big company has to do anymore is say, "JOBS" and they qualify for another tax give away. you have been getting huge tax cuts for years, where are those jobs?
Maybe if you could get Obama to re-open drilling after he stopped ALL drilling in the gulf...

Old 05-06-2011, 04:26 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,738,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
When you can't get the first part right, I question the rest of your assertions. "Exxon Mobil is by far the most profitable company in the new Fortune 500 list"

"Exxon Mobil Corporation is a Fortune 500 company. In 2010 Exxon Mobil Corporation was ranked number 2 on the Fortune 500 list, making it the 2nd largest company in the United States when judged by revenue.

Exxon Mobil Corporation achieved revenue of $284,650.00 million in 2010 and earned a profit of $19,280.00 million."

Try getting this right...

Updated: April 29, 2011

2011 Earnings: First Quarter
Exxon Mobil reported a huge increase in its profit for the first quarter profit of 2011, helped by higher oil prices and earnings from refining.
Exxon Mobil, the largest American oil company, said net income rose 69 percent to $10.7 billion, or $2.14 a share, in the first three months of this year, from $6.3 billion, or $1.33 a share, in the same period last year.

Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) News - The New York Times

Old 05-06-2011, 04:36 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,750 times
Democrats had 2 years to repeal this tax break. They decided to pass a health "care" law instead.

The way I see it, Democrats can't ***** about stuff like this. They had the chance to change and declined. Same with the Bush tax cuts. Dems could have repealed them and chose not to.

Could someone tell me why Democrats didn't change the tax laws when they could have done so? And now they blame Republicans? LOLS. How f*cking patheitc.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:39 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:

So this year balanced off last year.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:48 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,738,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Democrats had 2 years to repeal this tax break. They decided to pass a health "care" law instead.

The way I see it, Democrats can't ***** about stuff like this. They had the chance to change and declined. Same with the Bush tax cuts. Dems could have repealed them and chose not to.

Could someone tell me why Democrats didn't change the tax laws when they could have done so? And now they blame Republicans? LOLS. How f*cking patheitc.
Both parties pretty well suck (with a few exceptions like Kucinich and Paul), but the Repubs suck more.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:51 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post

i have to agree with this.

there is no point throwing stones at someone else when you are engaging in the same behavior.

i am a heck of a lot more concerned now about our dollar being devalued, because that increases the price of everything that we use, including the gas.

maybe somebody could get to work on that issue.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:53 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,962 times
you sure on that, ALL drilling is STOPPED in the gulf? is that your final answer? are you seriously claiming there is ZERO drilling on the Gulf right now?
Quote:
Maybe if you could get Obama to re-open drilling after he stopped ALL drilling in the gulf...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies