Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2011, 12:14 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,003,512 times

Advertisements

I, for one, think that the TSA should finally begin to install RCB's (Religion Conversion Booths). If you are anything but Christian, you need to enter the booth, swear upon the bible that you will be a good Christian and do all the things good Christians do, declare that you shall have no other god, and then you are allowed to board a plane.

Ah, what the heck, we're all about diversity here. So perhaps we should allow Jews and Buddhists to fly. Maybe even Atheists - although, since they don't have the fear of god in them, who knows what they might do...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 04:46 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Muslim Leaders Attend Conference Day After Removal From Plane - News Story - WSOC Charlotte

Both men passed multiple security clearances by TSA and Delta Airlines before boarding. They were even rescreened after they were pulled off the flight. Rahman said they had no problem being screened multiple times.
"It is their job to do it. It is our job to show our stuff. We don't have anything. We are living in America; we want the security of America," said Rahman.
But still the pilot refused to let them board.
Ironically, the two made the trip to Charlotte for a conference of imams, where they would be discussing "Islamophobia," the fear of Islam.

If they decide to proceed in court, I think they have a pretty good case, based on the facts that we know currently.
I'm in the "I don't trust ANY muslim" camp.

That being said, we have this thing called "The Constitution" which MUST be followed.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:48 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times
I do wonder though how the left would be reacting to the TSA "security" measures is we still had a republican president.

I know that these measures were put in place under Bush, but they have just recently been widely used.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:19 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
Didn't they pass thru security? I actually have a very very low opinion of Islam. I think it's anything but a religion of peace. Frankly I think all Muslim migration to this country should cease, non-US citizen Muslims deported, and future naturalization of Muslims ended.

However I think the pilot acted incorrectly. If he has concerns he should have had the TSA folks do a thorough re-screening.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:02 AM

50 posts, read 48,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Didn't they pass thru security? I actually have a very very low opinion of Islam. I think it's anything but a religion of peace. Frankly I think all Muslim migration to this country should cease, non-US citizen Muslims deported, and future naturalization of Muslims ended.

However I think the pilot acted incorrectly. If he has concerns he should have had the TSA folks do a thorough re-screening.
Ah there's nothing like ignorance early in the morning

Old 05-08-2011, 08:35 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,954,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by p00rky View Post
If you had any ounce of intelligence and did some research yourself... You would know that committing suicide is the ultimate sin in Islam. 1st class ticket to hell. Why don't you try to read a book once in awhile

The hate in this thread is sad. So many ignorant people...
I read that, and what you say appears to be true. A problem I have then is why so many are willing to strap on a bomb vest and use it, willing to kill themselves as well as the innocent.

No joke, can you shed some light on this to me?

Old 05-08-2011, 08:37 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Muslim Leaders Say U.S. Pilot Refused to Fly With Them Onboard - FoxNews.com

"...dressed in traditional Indian clothing and his traveling companion was dressed in Arab garb, including traditional headgear."

Then they play the victim card:

"It's racism and bias because of our religion and appearance and because of misinformation about our religion." Rahman said. "If they understood Islam, they wouldn't do this."

That's just it - the pilot does understand Islam! Good for him for sticking to his guns and refusing to fly with these troublemakers aboard his plane. If they are living in the US, why would they insist on appearing like they're still in the Middle East? Do they think that's going to get them accepted here?

This will unfairly cost Delta to settle...

Kudos to the pilot. A big thumbs up!

Old 05-08-2011, 08:47 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,954,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBAguy View Post
What if the two were dressed like Westerners. Would this incident still have happened?
Probably not... When you live in the land of strangers it's better to dress and act in the custom of that country, and not flaunt what ever it is that will upset locals.

To wear that garb in the USA is only asking for trouble, the same as wearing German WW-2 SS uniforms would be in Germany today. Or the look of a NYC street walker in my mountians.

Now the latter would amuse me, and I would wonder what look the black flies were getting, but it would end about there.

Calling attention to themselves proved to be a waste of their time and resources. I hope they learned their lesson, and this ends.

If not to upset everyone else, wearing 14th century goat hearding garb, what was the point? Wearing that garb in my mountians, just makes my trigger finger itchy.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:50 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
I personally would not be alarmed by these gentlemen. I'd simply make note of their presence so as not to be totally caught off guard should something fishy occur on the aircraft. We all could and should take a lesson from the passengers of Flight 93. Nothing wrong with being vigilant in this day and age.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:02 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,534,555 times
The pilot works for the airline company. If it is in their rules that he can determine who flies and who doesn't, then it is in his rights to deny boarding individuals he doesn't trust;, however, if the company doesn't give him the right, then he should be punsihed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies