Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2011, 10:11 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. 123 View Post

Your really somthing you know that, I can only imagine what your like in real life.

How could we forget, he spent the first YEAR of his term reminding us of this in ALL his speeches

This comment right here shows your ignorance

{ and yes, I meant that as a total and utter insult }

Give up, your outnumbered on this thread
The correct word is YOU'RE ... not YOUR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 10:22 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
I just have one question-

What flavor is the Kool-Aid in the punch bowl?
Obama may have given the final go-ahead, but to say that HE planned the operation or HE got Osama is clearly wrong. Just as saying BUSH deserves the credit for putting things in motion is wrong. They both get a little bit, but ultimately this was a victory for the CIA and for JSSOC.

This might score the Spectator-in-Chief points for the next election, but it'd be nowhere near the points that he lost by getting us bogged in another ME conflict, which was none of our business really, or boosting the economy, or fixing the housing market, or the unemployment rate, ors any of that other stuff..

Libertarians 2012

Old 05-08-2011, 10:27 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Obama's approval rating on the economy ties with the status of economy itself.

When the economy improves, then so will Obama's approval rating.

People aren't going to give Obama a favorable rating when gas prices are at $4 a gallon, and food prices are rising.
EXACTLY, because the peoples minds are swayed by the last headline they read!!!! Thanks forproving my point buddy

You see, if you give'em enough rope, they will eventualy hang themself

Old 05-08-2011, 10:30 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Obama's approval rating on the economy ties with the status of economy itself.

When the economy improves, then so will Obama's approval rating.

People aren't going to give Obama a favorable rating when gas prices are at $4 a gallon, and food prices are rising.

And it's not like there is some magic economy switch that Obama can flip to make everything better.

It simply will take time.
The big question is... will it improve noticeably by Nov., 2012?

Quote:
Bush left our economy in such a horrendous state, that it will likely take years before we fully recover back to normal.
The state of the economy was due 100% to Bush?

Old 05-08-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. 123 View Post
EXACTLY, because the peoples minds are swayed by the last headline they read!!!! Thanks forproving my point buddy

You see, if you give'em enough rope, they will eventualy hang themself
People's minds are swayed by the current state of the world.

If the economy isn't better in 2012, then there is a possibility that Obama will lose.

However, the economy has been steadily improving for the past year, so odds are it will continue to improve for the next two years as well.

Bush left behind a total disaster, but little by little, we are seeing it improve.

Stock Market soared back since March 2009 low of 6,600. It's now over 12,500.

Unemployment saw a high of 10.6% a year ago. Currently down to 9%.

Bin Laden was once America's most serious threat ... and thanks to Obama, he is now history.

Obama will very likely be re-elected in 2012.

Last edited by RD5050; 05-08-2011 at 10:49 PM..

Old 05-08-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The big question is... will it improve noticeably by Nov., 2012?

The state of the economy was due 100% to Bush?
On the improvement of the economy, my feeling is yes it will improve. But again, only time will tell.

State of economy 100% due to Bush? Well, the way you Republicans are blaming Obama for the state of the economy now ... I'd say you have no room to talk. Either you blame the president or you don't. You can't have it both ways.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:48 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Let's be honest - you simply don't like the man or his family. You've called his wife fat and mocked his golf game.

These have nothing to do with policy, and no matter what Obama does you will fight against it because that's just who you are. So, it's kind of useless to debate.

Does it matter that Obama sent his Attorney General after every CIA agent who went beyond coffee and donuts interrogations to obtain the information which we have confirmed was essential to locating UBL?

"Even prosecutors whose independence and judgment were previously thought beyond reproach seem to succumb to the enormous pressure to charge people with something. Otherwise, the tens of millions of taxpayer dollars they spend on their investigation looks like a waste and those who expected the investigation to yield criminal charges will never believe there wasn’t a cover-up."

Obama DOJ Investigating Bush CIA

Funny, I don't recall Obama mentioning his continuing investigations against CIA agents while shooting his campaign commercial at ground zero. Must have slipped his mind.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:52 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
On the improvement of the economy, my feeling is yes it will improve. But again, only time will tell.
I hope it does improve, but a feeling isn't much to go on.

Quote:
State of economy 100% due to Bush? Well, the way you Republicans are blaming Obama for the state of the economy now ... I'd say you have no room to talk. Either you blame the president or you don't. You can't have it both ways.
Does the mortgage crisis/Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac/Barney Frank/Chris Dodd sound familiar? The Bush administration asked Barney and Chris many times to reform Freddie and Fannie. They refused; they just kept saying, "it is doing fine." We know what happened a few months later.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
I hope it does improve, but a feeling isn't much to go on.
My feeling is based on the economic improvements I mentioned above. Market climbing, unemployment dropping (except this month a slight rise), and hearing many companies report strong earnings. They are signs of an economy that is improving, albeit, slowly. Gas prices rose due to democratic revolts in oil rich countries (Libya, etc), and that caused food prices, etc to also rise. So that isn't connected to Obama's handling of the economy.

Quote:
Does the mortgage crisis/Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac/Barney Frank/Chris Dodd sound familiar? The Bush administration asked Barney and Chris many times to reform Freddie and Fannie. They refused; they just kept saying, "it is doing fine." We know what happened a few months later.
I'm not blaming Bush 100%. But whatever happened, happened on Bush's watch, and as President Truman famously stated - "The Buck Stops Here".

Old 05-08-2011, 11:12 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,604 times
Quote:
Unemployment saw a high of 10.6% a year ago. Currently down to 9%.
Source? When did unemployment go to 10.6%? The highest was 10.1% in October 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies