Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 06:21 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times

Advertisements

I asked why Obama would want to cause trouble for Pakistan with this fabrication about OBL. Perhaps this is the answer. I'm not saying it is, but it sounds reasonable to someone like me, that is beginning to question everything I thought I knew about my country.

Link Between CIA And Terrorism In Pakistan
How a growing number of American commentators are concluding that the United States is closely working with the same terror groups it publicly condemns, using them to silently attack its Pakistani ally.
WASHINGTON, DC—When CIA agent Raymond Davis gunned down two Pakistani civilians in broad daylight on a crowded street in Lahore, he probably never imagined that the entire Washington establishment would spring to his defense. But that’s precisely what happened. Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Mike Mullen, John Kerry, Leon Panetta and a number of other US bigwigs have all made appeals on Davis’s behalf. None of these stalwart defenders of “the rule of law” have shown a speck of interest in justice for the victims or of even allowing the investigation to go forward so they could know what really happened. Oh, no. What Clinton and the rest want, is to see their man Davis packed onto the next plane to Langley so he can play shoot-’em-up someplace else in the world.
Does Clinton know that after Davis shot his victims 5 times in the back, he calmly strode back to his car, grabbed his camera, and photographed the dead bodies? Does she know that the two so-called “diplomats” who came to his rescue in a Land Rover (which killed a passerby) have been secretly spirited out of the country so they won’t have to appear in court? Does she know that the families of the victims are now being threatened and attacked to keep them from testifying against Davis? Here’s a clip from Thursday’s edition of The Nation:
see link below

Despite the Obama administration’s efforts to derail the investigation, the case against Davis is going forward. Whether he is punished or not is irrelevant. This isn’t about Davis anyway. It’s a question of whether the US is working hand-in-hand with the very organizations that it publicly condemns in order to advance its global agenda. If that’s the case, then the war on terror is a fraud.

http://www.ahmedquraishi.com/2011/02/24/link-between-cia-and-terrorism-in-pakistan/

Old 05-09-2011, 07:02 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Why don't you provide me some examples?
I don't know, how about gitmo, torture, gun control (multiple different conficting statements from him on that one), taxes (no new taxes on middle class?), and on and on and on...couldn't keep the story straight on bin laden either.

Going back a bit:

Top Obama Flip-Flops - washingtonpost.com

Old 05-09-2011, 07:05 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Thank you for posting this. I'm sure that all the patriotic Americans here consider the government of Iran the most reliable information source possible.
It's a toss up between the obama administration and iran.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:27 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
LOL!!

I have nothing to do with Democrats or Republicans. Both parties are controled by the same international secret oligarchy and banking cartel.

I gave up watching the equivalent of WWF Wrestling years ago.
Watch out for that Floride

Old 05-10-2011, 12:19 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I am not saying what is or is not true.....because I don't know and cannot know. What baffles me is that assumed superior moral humanity of the US as if we are somehow exempted from the human propensities of deceit and evil doing. I pointed to Operation Norwood in an above post and nobody has a damn thing to say about it. The truth is that people don't want to know the truth about this country. Its like not wanting to know that your mother was a part time hooker. You just cannot deal with that thought in your head.
Probably 'cuz no one read it. I know I didn't read it.

Everybody's a hooker. We just don't call it hooking. I provide a home and security to her for mine. And sometimes, foot rubs.

I know what you're saying, there's a base that people don't wish to think of, and a smeared on veneer of love and joy and WOW that we typically try to stay focused on.

As my old friend once said, "everyone's got their dirt." I added,"everyone's got their kink." I think both are still true.

Here's a movie about a hooker who finds love. Which is about as ridiculous as this thread.

YouTube - PRETTY WOMAN TRAILER

Old 05-10-2011, 12:29 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,578 times
The Arab world is all about honor and they are humiliated that The Great Satan managed to rub out one of their leaders. They have to make up a story about how we didn't really get him, he was already dead.

It's pathetic, really, the lengths they will go to in order to preserve their (dubious) honor.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:12 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
The Arab world is all about honor and they are humiliated that The Great Satan managed to rub out one of their leaders. They have to make up a story about how we didn't really get him, he was already dead.

It's pathetic, really, the lengths they will go to in order to preserve their (dubious) honor.
Yeah? what's your excuse? These stories have been circulating for years. Bhutto spoke of Osama being dead in 2001.
pssssst we really didn't get him and he wasn't ever in that million dollar shack. Now Pakistan is rounding up people that may have been involved in "protecting" Osama at this supposed hideout. How many are going to die because of this farce? All because this power hungry Marxist aka Barry, needs to boost his ratings. That's what is pathetic - and so many are willing to swallow the koolaid.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:14 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I asked why Obama would want to cause trouble for Pakistan with this fabrication about OBL. Perhaps this is the answer. I'm not saying it is, but it sounds reasonable to someone like me, that is beginning to question everything I thought I knew about my country.

http://www.ahmedquraishi.com/2011/02/24/link-between-cia-and-terrorism-in-pakistan/
Looks solid to me.

Like this beautiful photo. (Ignore words on bottom of picture. Trust me. It's real. I sound reasonable, right? So don't question it.)

Old 05-10-2011, 05:43 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
Iran’s intelligence minister says the country has reliable information that former head of the al-Qaeda terrorist group Osama bin Laden died of disease some time ago.
“We have accurate information that bin Laden died of illness some time ago,” Heidar Moslehi told reporters on the sidelines of a Cabinet meeting on Sunday.

‘Bin Laden dead long before US raid’

[SIZE=5]10 Facts That Prove The Bin Laden Fable Is a Contrived Hoax [/SIZE]

10 Facts That Prove The Bin Laden Fable Is a Contrived Hoax

“It’s all a fake, nothing happened,” said a newspaper seller who has been working in the town for 50 years.
Obama: “We Could Not Say Definitively That Bin Laden Was There”
I'm pretty sure this is true as Elvis told them so!

Old 05-10-2011, 06:37 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Probably 'cuz no one read it. I know I didn't read it.

Everybody's a hooker. We just don't call it hooking. I provide a home and security to her for mine. And sometimes, foot rubs.

I know what you're saying, there's a base that people don't wish to think of, and a smeared on veneer of love and joy and WOW that we typically try to stay focused on.

As my old friend once said, "everyone's got their dirt." I added,"everyone's got their kink." I think both are still true.

Here's a movie about a hooker who finds love. Which is about as ridiculous as this thread.

YouTube - PRETTY WOMAN TRAILER

I think everyone is tired of reading it. Every time someone wants to push a conspiracy theory, they trot out the ol' Northwoods link. I remember in the 70's when it came out that the CIA had plans to put explosives in seashells to assassinate Castro when he was scuba diving. I guess there's no link for that one.

The problems with the Northwoods story is that it proves nothing about what is going on today. It was 50 years ago, so nobody is still in office who was part of this plan. The plan was never implemented in the first place, so that kind of kills what the truthers want you believe about the government being this secret dastardly consortium of sinister characters all in lockstep with one another. All but the most naive persons do not believe our government tells us everything or makes decisions based on lofty, altruistic goals. However, not everyone is as stupid as the truthers want so desperately to believe (which then puts them above everyone else as the keepers of the "true" knowledge--their actual reason for existing). People use their judgment. We probably were not told every detail about the OBL killing. However, the basics are likely true, simply because it's not that good a story if it's made up. Most people on here could think of a better lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies