Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 04:49 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I believe Clinton was the only woman in that particular photo...
No she wasn't. There was another woman standing in the back by the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 04:53 PM

22,186 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
No there is another lady in the back, an unknown staffer I believe, and she was cut out as well.
Staffer's aren't going to be in the "Situation Room" during something like that. The other woman was Audrey Tomason who is the director of counter terrorism.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I want to play crazy.

Religious paper cuts Clinton from iconic photo – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

The story is about how a ultra-conservative Jewish newspaper photo-chopped Ms. Clinton out of that photograph taken in the situation room while the SEALS were killing bin Laden. It is against their principles to exhibit photographs of women.

Now, I be crazy:

THIS is how all conservatives are! This is a perfect example of how wicked and backward every single conservative who lives, or has ever lived, or will ever live in the future, is. If you say you are 'conservative' on this C-D, then you obviously believe it is ok to distort photographs to reflect your warped, un-American values.

You see, the one represents the whole. This 'conservative' Jewish group represents all conservatives.

Hey, being crazy is rather fun!

Ultra conservative and Jewish doesn't belong together.

This is a Jewish deal, don't throw lies to bring forward an agenda against ghosts.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:20 PM

22,186 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ultra conservative and Jewish doesn't belong together.

This is a Jewish deal, don't throw lies to bring forward an agenda against ghosts.
The Ultra Orthodox are very conservative.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:22 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
I want to play crazy.

Religious paper cuts Clinton from iconic photo – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

The story is about how a ultra-conservative Jewish newspaper photo-chopped Ms. Clinton out of that photograph taken in the situation room while the SEALS were killing bin Laden. It is against their principles to exhibit photographs of women.

Now, I be crazy:

THIS is how all conservatives are! This is a perfect example of how wicked and backward every single conservative who lives, or has ever lived, or will ever live in the future, is. If you say you are 'conservative' on this C-D, then you obviously believe it is ok to distort photographs to reflect your warped, un-American values.

You see, the one represents the whole. This 'conservative' Jewish group represents all conservatives.

Are you an elected democrat?

Old 05-09-2011, 05:26 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I believe Clinton was the only woman in that particular photo...
When you are not familiar with the photo it helps to read the linked article. Had you done so you would have know that both women in the photo had been photoshopped out.

Edited to add: if the OP had cared to be honest she would have included that information in her post. Librerals are used to telling half truths.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:41 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
I want to play crazy.

Now, I be crazy:

Makes you wonder what they did when Golda Meir was PM!

Old 05-09-2011, 09:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
I want to play crazy.

Now, I be crazy:

Freedom of religion. And I would guess this group represents others of that religion.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:26 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Makes you wonder what they did when Golda Meir was PM!
Hmmm. That is a very interesting point. Perhaps in their office, where they would keep the official portrait of the PM, they simply had a blank frame.

Side note: I did enjoy reading some of the replies herein. Even though I stated that I was being 'crazy' three times, and obviously was being sarcastic, it is amazing how many took my statement seriously. I still think the story itself is funny.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:34 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
The OP's attempt at humor did not go over the Conservative's heads, exactly. The Conservative mind has borderline Aspergers or something when it comes to recognizing humor or irony. There have been scientific studies- you can look it up!

Unless it's one of those notorious Obama "jokes" their party leaders keep getting caught emailing each other (most recently, the GOP party co-chair in Orange Co, Ca). THOSE, they find hysterical, for some reason.
Oh yeah, it is just oh so obvious that when you see a bunch of typed out words where you know nothing about the context of what they are saying, no emoticons or anything that it is supposed to be satire? Oh you are oh sooo smart! NOT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies