Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 03:04 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,017,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force View Post
That brush had to be cleared! How could that ranch have run if there was no one there to clear the brush!
of all of our american presidents no one cleared brush quite like george bush. let's not knock him for the one thing he excelled at. watching him clear brush was like watching mozart compose, picaso paint... or a competent leader govern a nation.

also common is a great rapper and pretty awesome guy, i met him in person. aside from devoting a career to intellectual hip hop he's also been an outspoken advocate for HIV/AIDS awareness in our innercities and not long ago pledged to never use any anti gay slurs in any of his songs as he is working to try and eradicate the antigay culture that pervades hip hop.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:09 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
What crimes have this admin committed exactly?
Who said anything about crimes. This is about common sense and decency, which apparently this WH and many of you are lacking. Shame on all of you. No wonder so many fools and liberals admire Che and people like him.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:15 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Rush and Hannity really have you people tuned up today, hasn't he. A rapper gets invited to the White House for a poetry event and that's the big talking point for today.

White House Press Secretary on Common the 'Conscious Rapper' - Garance Franke-Ruta - Politics - The Atlantic

Old 05-11-2011, 03:20 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Who said anything about crimes. This is about common sense and decency, which apparently this WH and many of you are lacking. Shame on all of you. No wonder so many fools and liberals admire Che and people like him.
People who assume guilt by association have closed minds....

Old 05-11-2011, 03:22 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
At this point MC Hammer could be invited to the White House, and the rightwingers would portray it as if Obama was honoring Huey Newton...
What's funny is that the same people extremely bothered about Obama honoring Common would probably be less bothered about him honoring 50 Cent because of 50 Cent being a Repub (despite "Fiddy"'s raps being far more violent and misogynist than Common's, he has the right party registration for them), and they wouldn't be bothered at all about Obama honoring David Allan Coe. They probably wouldn't be bothered about Obama honoring Robert Blake, either.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:30 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
These clowns are a disgrace to this country! Inviting a rapper like Common.....a do nothing celebrity who raps and acts in bad movies? What's next?

This is why our country is in the mess that it is in. Michelle Obama does not need to be worrying about having art events at the White House OUR COUNTRY IS BROKE! She needs to be out there gathering information on the middle class...............going to cities, neighborhoods, communities talking to REAL Americans WHO WORK FOR A LIVING! Getting their ideas and input on how to make this country a better place and how to bring us back from the precipice of disaster.

Her husband and her are a complete and utter disgrace! They are not my first lady nor my President. They need to be kicked out along with the 99% of our government. This country needs a big fat do over! All the way to the top and we can start with a cap on term limits........4 years and YOU ARE DONE! Can't get it done in 4 years? Oops sorry new blood new people! GET THE FK OUT!

NJ Cops "Outraged" Over WH Rapper Invite | NBC New York
You know what any Preisdent other then Obama, this would have made National Headlines, the Newsheadline, been on the radio tv and everyplace else, because this is Obama, it is perfectly acceptable. As is everything else he does and screws up is perfectly acceptable. But also they should be setting good examples should they not. They both waltz into the W.H. and it appears for these two anything does go.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
People who assume guilt by association have closed minds....

Whom are you speaking of? You or the WH or both? This isnt guilt by association. This is knowing this mans words and the fact that he even named his daughter off of a person who EXECUTED A COP doesnt sway you guys into maybe thinking "yeah, perhaps this is someone who shouldnt be honored at the WH..."

No, you guys go full tilt backing Obama.....AS USUAL. This man does NO WRONG in your eyes and minds. I am starting to wonder if people like you believe in anything. Do you?

Obama and the Left slammed Bush for so many things, particularly our National Security policy and things we did to 3 terrorists to extract information. Yet Obama has continued much of what he and the let bashed. He also took out UBL in part due to the very practices O and the Left spoke out loudly over. And now O and the Left are praising O over the fact we got UBL.

Now we have invited a man who is vulgar, distasteful, and has basically honored a cop killer, to the WH to honor him. And some of you dont have a problem with it. That is absolutely astounding and says so much about you. You either really have no real concrete belief system or morals or you just will support anything this WH does.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You know what any Preisdent other then Obama, this would have made National Headlines, the Newsheadline, been on the radio tv and everyplace else, because this is Obama, it is perfectly acceptable. As is everything else he does and screws up is perfectly acceptable. But also they should be setting good examples should they not. They both waltz into the W.H. and it appears for these two anything does go.
Exactly. But lets be honest. I cant think of any other President that wouldve done the following:

1. Associated himself in ANY WAY with a man who bombed government buildings and whos group was responsible for the deaths of cops, and is proud of his actions to this day.

2. Allowed the Black Panthers to get away with intimidating voters, partially due to race.

3. On national television, stating he doesnt know the facts but a police dept acted stupidly.

4. Attended a black nationalist church. And I use the term "church" LOOSELY. This same "church" had Common singing. I mean seriously, you are suppose to be a Christian CHURCH, and you invite this foul mothed, cop killer honoring, wanna be poet, loving the n word rapper to sing to your congregation?!?!?!? There are no words for this utter ridiculousness.

5. Had word of O's location for how many months before finally giving in to someone else's insistence that its time to take him out??? You want to talk about a 3 am phone call? This clown got the phone call last August or so, and took months to make up his mind. Unbelievable. The Seals didnt need months to train and be ready.

It is people like those fools in here defending this that I fear for our future. We already know we have been on the downward spiral in our society but it's clear that spiral continues and shows no sign of reversing. It is simply mind boggling and disgusting that people will stand up and support this garbage Common, let alone support his honoring at the White House. I dont care what good words he has said, what good deeds, he is who he is. He has spoken the words he has spoken with no apologies. His daughter is named proudly after a cop executor. What else is there to say?

Old 05-11-2011, 03:57 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I named my dog Mookie because I am a huge Mookie Wilson fan. I dont even want to know how much one would have to love cop killers to name their daughter after one.

The guy is also on the list of Mumia supporters. How many cop killers does someone have to support before a trend is noticed?

I hope all of the police unions notice.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:59 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
What crimes have this admin committed exactly?

For one, they continued the drilling moratorium in defiance of court orders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies