Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 03:29 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,955,581 times

Advertisements

There, I just said it. In America, you can attack religion, attack minorities, but the MINUTE you attack democracy, you're labeled insane. Well, let me provide you with a few scenarios before you go calling me the next Hitler.

Imagine a professor of economics, with an IQ of 147, who's studied the economy and understands the problems we're in when it comes to national debt and all that. Now, imagine Jim Bob Mcgee, with an IQ of 98, who spends his free time watching Bass Masters, shooting at jack rabbits and driving his pickup truck while searching for a blood relative to sleep with. Well, guess what?...

...THEY BOTH HAVE EQUAL SAY IN WHO THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WILL BE.

That's the problem with "one person, one vote" that few are willing to admit :so many people in America are idiots, that their votes outnumber the votes of those of us with higher IQs.

I take the redneck as an example, but I see it amongst black folks too: so many of them voted for Obama only because he was black. I'm black myself and I did vote for Obama, so please don't call me a racist SOB for saying the truth. Voting for someone just for the color of his skin is STUPID, and anyone who would do so doesn't deserve the right to vote at all.

Now, think about personal freedoms. In California they passed that "Proposition 8" thing because a bunch of idiots got together and voted on it. No sociologists had any say in it, no experts on culture had any say. It was just religious groups scaring people into believing that if gays had the right to marry than somehow straight marriages would be in trouble and churches would have to agree with it and all kinds of BS.

Or, better yet, how about a REAL democracy, i.e., A LYNCH MOB. Thirty racist whites and one innocent black guy next to a tree. They take it to a vote. The results? Thirty to one in favor of lynching the black guy. Democracy rules, and an innocent man is dead as a result.

Democracy is a bad idea...and the founding fathers thought so too. Benjamin Franklin is quoted as saying "democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the results." Jefferson said, "A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.” Which is why they didn't create a democracy, they created A REPUBLIC.

However, I think that republic needs some serious reforms. First off we can end this whole "ballot initiative" thing. I mean, it didn't start until 1898, long after the founding fathers lived, and has NOTHING to do with the constitution. Honestly, we all know that majority of the unwashed masses are too stupid to understand and make an informed decision on what their voting on anyway. Take that power away from the mob, and put it in the hands of the legislature, who have aides and experts to call on.

Also, we need to reconsider this "one person, one vote" thing. How about we give everyone a standardized IQ test and for every ten points above 100, they get another vote? That way, someone like me (120 IQ) would get more votes than Sarah Palin (-50 IQ)

But really, I don't even think that will be enough. If we are ever to solve this national debt crisis, it will take leaders who are willing to make difficult decisions. Come on, do you really think the unwashed masses will be happy with a President who honestly says "we need to cut defense spending by 1/3 and push the age to receive Social Security up to 70"? Probably not. So, we just clap right along with someone who keeps getting us deeper into debt, whether it's Bush or Obama.

90% of the population are mindless sheep. Sad to say, but it's the honest truth. The winning candidate is the person who can herd the sheep the most effectively. It never has anything to do with who the best candidate is and if you don't believe me, just look at how poorly Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich did in their primaries.

The sad fact is, the American Sheeple are too dumb to make the system work as it stands now. If you don't believe me, just consider how they ACTUALLY HAD TO RESCHEDULE THE STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS SO AS NOT TO INTERRUPT AMERICAN IDOL.

The unwashed mob...the REAL problem with America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 04:27 AM

7,801 posts, read 10,074,946 times
Another much needed reform is to abolish the executive presidency and seperate the positions of head of state and head of government.

Another needed reform is to repeal the 17th Amendment, and the anchor baby clause of the 14th Amendment.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:31 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,839,967 times
You're post rests on a false premise to start off with.

1. We're not a democracy, and we never have been. This is why the Electoral College exists to help prevent this sort of a problem.

2. The American people are not stupid. They are brainwashed by corporate and government propaganda and most are zombies as a result. Doesn't mean they are stupid, our government is very good with propaganda and government is totally in bed with the media which is controlled by a handful of companies.

3. The idea of freedom is to not be ruled by an oligarchy, which you seem to be calling for an oligarchy of social scientists ruling us.

4. What affects California only affects California. It's California's fault if they want to practice democracy.

5. Never argue that people should do something your way because your IQ is higher than others. People don't like being insulted by people who say they are smarter than them and, therefore, should listen to them.

Despite a couple flaws to your post, I see what you are saying. People don't see the writing on the wall, and prefer voting for the American Idol president (Obama, Herman Cain, etc.) than one who is not tainted by the establishment oligarchy (Ron Paul, Gary Johnson). My conventional wisdom says, if the media PURPOSELY tries to undermine a candidate like Ron Paul, then that candidate is the real deal and is a THREAT to the fascists that run our government

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Another much needed reform is to abolish the executive presidency and seperate the positions of head of state and head of government.

Another needed reform is to repeal the 17th Amendment, and the anchor baby clause of the 14th Amendment.

I agree. Repealing the 17th Amendment would make the U.S. Senators beholden to the states again, which form the foundation of our country, NOT D.C. Also, repeal the 21st Amendment too. Sorry but, D.C. is not a state and never will be so it should not deserve representation in Congress. And the 16th Amendment, which was "enacted" shortly after the Federal Reserve was given birth

Old 05-10-2011, 04:36 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,700,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

1. We're not a democracy, and we never have been. This is why the Electoral College exists to help prevent this sort of a problem.

2. The American people are not stupid. They are brainwashed by corporate and government propaganda and most are zombies as a result. Doesn't mean they are stupid, our government is very good with propaganda and government is totally in bed with the media which is controlled by a handful of companies.

3. The idea of freedom is to not be ruled by an oligarchy, which you seem to be calling for an oligarchy of social scientists ruling us.

4. What affects California only affects California. It's California's fault if they want to practice democracy.

5. Never argue that people should do something your way because your IQ is higher than others. People don't like being insulted by people who say they are smarter than them and, therefore, should listen to them.

Despite a couple flaws to your post, I see what you are saying. People don't see the writing on the wall, and prefer voting for the American Idol president (Obama, Herman Cain, etc.) than one who is not tainted by the establishment oligarchy (Ron Paul, Gary Johnson). My conventional wisdom says, if the media PURPOSELY tries to undermine a candidate like Ron Paul, then that candidate is the real deal and is a THREAT to the fascists that run our government
Nice post! I never considered myself to be one of the sheeple..

So why is Hermain Cain an american idol president? I havent seen main stream media or even party affiliates embrace him... yet??

Old 05-10-2011, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
Nice post! I never considered myself to be one of the sheeple..

So why is Hermain Cain an american idol president? I havent seen main stream media or even party affiliates embrace him... yet??
Did you watch the SC debate recently? Hannity was eating up Cain after the debate was over, completely ignoring Ron Paul. And when hannity was interviewing prospective candidates before, he set Ron Paul up to make him look stupid and kooky. Hannity didn't do the same to Cain.

And look at the people in this forum. They are falling head over heels for Cain because he speaks good. Nevermind the fact that Cain was Federal Reserve of KC governor. So I ask, would you vote for Ben Bernanke for president?

Old 05-10-2011, 04:43 AM

7,801 posts, read 10,074,946 times
Quote:

I agree. Repealing the 17th Amendment would make the U.S. Senators beholden to the states again, which form the foundation of our country, NOT D.C. Also, repeal the 21st Amendment too. Sorry but, D.C. is not a state and never will be so it should not deserve representation in Congress. And the 16th Amendment, which was "enacted" shortly after the Federal Reserve was given birth
All US territories have a non voting representative in the House, not just DC. Personally I think they should all be granted full voting representation just like an actual state of the union has. A colonial relationship of that sort has no place in the 21st century.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
All US territories have a non voting representative in the House, not just DC. Personally I think they should all be granted full voting representation just like an actual state of the union has. A colonial relationship of that sort has no place in the 21st century.
No. If they want to vote, then they need to become a state. If they don't want to become a state, well then there you go. But this is a story for another thread so..

Old 05-10-2011, 04:52 AM

9,300 posts, read 16,602,771 times
Quote:
And look at the people in this forum. They are falling head over heels for Cain because he speaks good. Nevermind the fact that Cain was Federal Reserve of KC governor. So I ask, would you vote for Ben Bernanke for president?
Obama's experience wasn't much to write home about. I wouldn't mind giving a businessman a chance because all these politicians spew the same BS and do nothing. Maybe we need someone who actually worked.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:16 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,818,930 times
The ONE thing that could turn this whole mess around is to allow ONLY those that are gainfully employed to vote in the Presidential elections!

It wouldn't be unconstitutional either because there is No Constitutional "Right" to vote in the Presidential elections!

At one time .. only property owners could vote.

The lazy and welfare recipients will Always vote for the politician who promises to reach into MY pocket to fill THEIR pockets!

Old 05-10-2011, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Obama's experience wasn't much to write home about. I wouldn't mind giving a businessman a chance because all these politicians spew the same BS and do nothing. Maybe we need someone who actually worked.
What do you think will actually be different? They're still going to increase the national debt, they are going to make us stay in Afghanistan and Iraq, they probably will not repeal ObamaCare, and they won't do anything about illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies