Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 04:08 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Obama is responsible because it happened/ is happening under his watch. Nobody that supports LIBERTY would support this. Both Republicans and Democrats are guilty of doing a disgraceful job as far as I'm concerned. 99% of them ought to be REMOVED from their positions.

Thank You, first one leaving to be Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 04:14 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You are from the UK. Your people invented the unreasonable search and seizure practices that our forefathers created laws to protect against.
Law abiding Americans should resist all attempts to track them by the central government (or crown, if you prefer).
You are kidding me ...yes?
In the USA you MUST have your vehicle registration and insurance in your vehicle to produce if stopped by the Police..... Not in the UK.
In Florida and i'm sure in other states, ID must be carried.... Not in the UK.
Police officers in the UK cannot stop and search you without reasonable cause, in fact even if a police officer suspects you of wrong doing he cannot search you without cause... The "Sus" laws in the UK does not allow arbitrary searches by the Police. A warrant is needed to enter property.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:09 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,300,507 times
I do not have any problem with this myself.

To protect ourselves and to stop the illegals from coming here and find ways to deport them in massive amounts I am all for it.

I am all for showing my ID and do not believe it is not infringing on my rights but rather it is protecting my rights from the invader criminals who are here trespassing on our land.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:13 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,440,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Congress does NOT set the standards for marriage licenses or drivers licenses. The states do.
Wrong. You obviously have a problem comprehending the "Full Faith & Credit Clause" of the US Constitution.

Congress establishes the standards for ALL states with regard to public acts, records, and proceedings. Driver's and marriage licenses are public acts, just in case it is another one of those concepts you are not able to grasp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies