Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 12:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Amazing they think they can get away with this fraud and no one would notice?

NASA-Funded Group Doctors Sea Level Data - James Taylor - Endpoint Analysis - Forbes

Quote:
But what happens when sea level in the real world does not rise nearly as much as alarmists predict? If you are a NASA-funded gatekeeper of sea level data, you merely doctor the data.

Faced with the embarrassing fact that sea level is not rising nearly as much as has been predicted, the University of Colorado’s NASA-funded Sea Level Research Group has announced it will begin adding a nonexistent 0.3 millimeters per year to its Global Mean Sea Level Time Series.
Here is the justification for the "padding" of the number;

Quote:
The NASA-funded group claims glacial melt is removing weight that had been pressing down on land masses, which in turn is causing land mass to rise.
Oh my. I would really LOVE to see the data on this, but when it comes to the "cult believers", I doubt very much if they will put up the raw data that backs up their ridiculous conclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 12:16 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,255,485 times
First, you don't agree that reduction on mass over land would cause land to "rebound"?

Second, I am willing to hear from actual scientists who study this than someone who throws around "cult believers" as another term for people who study a scientific theory. Maybe you would like to call everyone who studies relativity "cult believers."

Old 05-12-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
First, you don't agree that reduction on mass over land would cause land to "rebound"?

Second, I am willing to hear from actual scientists who study this than someone who throws around "cult believers" as another term for people who study a scientific theory. Maybe you would like to call everyone who studies relativity "cult believers."
Well, that just HAS to be something this planet has done for......billions of years, right?

As I said, let's see the DATA that leads to the conclusion that they have a "justification" to doctor the data.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:22 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,136,021 times
I don't know how much rebound would affect sea level rise, but it is very real and not something simply made up in order to pad sea level statistics. Maine had a small earthquake swarm the other day as a result of glacial rebound.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
I don't know how much rebound would affect sea level rise, but it is very real and not something simply made up in order to pad sea level statistics. Maine had a small earthquake swarm the other day as a result of glacial rebound.
Got a link to that?

So..basically what these scientists are saying is they have no way to really explain why their predictions, based on computer models, have not come true.

I doubt they have any way to prove the land is rising either.

If that is true, it's nothing more than speculation and excuses to deflect from their prediction fail.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:46 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,136,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Got a link to that?

So..basically what these scientists are saying is they have no way to really explain why their predictions, based on computer models, have not come true.

I doubt they have any way to prove the land is rising either.

If that is true, it's nothing more than speculation and excuses to deflect from their prediction fail.
'Swarm' of earthquakes recorded along Maine coast | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

Do you also want some links providing information about glacial rebound?

You doubt "they" have a way to prove land is rising? It's called GPS.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:02 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:

NASA-Funded Group Doctors Sea Level Data - James Taylor - Endpoint Analysis - Forbes

Oh my. I would really LOVE to see the data on this, but when it comes to the "cult believers", I doubt very much if they will put up the raw data that backs up their ridiculous conclusion.

You know what they say, "follow the money". How many of these alarmists would lose their funding if AGW totally went away ?????

Old 05-12-2011, 02:36 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times
Quote:

If you accept this theory it merely shows that nature has a way of establishing equilibrium: sea levels rise, land mass rises proportionately. Problem of rising sea levels solved!

Old 05-12-2011, 03:58 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Sometimes common sense is just as good as the opinions of the experts.

Common sense says it is NOT OK to falsify data to support your ideology.

There may be too much common sense around for the warmists to succeed in wrecking the economy, thereby removing the wealth we need in order to adapt to ever-changing conditions.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
'Swarm' of earthquakes recorded along Maine coast | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

Do you also want some links providing information about glacial rebound?

You doubt "they" have a way to prove land is rising? It's called GPS.
How interesting. WHAT does that have to do with sea level rise..or not?

I see NO connection between the two.

Quote:
Marvinney said the earthquakes are the result of the movement of large, rock plates that make up the Earth’s crust.
Wow. Shifting plates create earthquakes...don't they?

Quote:
The crust in Maine is still adjusting to the loss of thick ice at the end of the last ice age.
From the last ice age, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies