Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 08:13 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
Ive NEVER seen a black female/white male couple in the UK. Where do you get the 30% figure from?

Are you sure its not for all non-whites. I see indian/chinese women with white men. NEVER a black woman though.
Then obviously you NEVER go to London

Off the top of my head...let's see there's....

David Bowie and Iman
Simon Cowell and Sinnitta (long time love)
Orlando Bloom dated Naomie Harris
Michael Fassbender and Nicole Beharie

Last edited by calipoppy; 12-31-2012 at 08:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 08:32 PM

768 posts, read 879,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Then obviously you NEVER go to London

Off the top of my head...let's see there's....

David Bowie and Iman
Simon Cowell and Sinnitta (long time love)
Orlando Bloom dated Naomie Harris
Michael Fassbender and Nicole Beharie
Did any of them have children?

I'll only believe they had intimate relations if they had children to prove it. Otherwise i think its just for show or something.

I know famous white men and black women have friendly relations, but i never see any children. Robert de niro is another one.

Got to be fully black as well, none of this Boris Becker type stuff.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Yes it's more accepted, blacks in the UK don't walk around with chips on their shoulders thinking the world owes them and the only way to get ahead is:

~ be a rapper

~ be a drug dealer

~ be a football player

~ be a basketball player

Blacks in the UK are treated as equals because they act like they are a part of society, unlike America....
I live in America and i'm treated as an equal at a minimum right here.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
White men in America face violence from black men if they hit on black women.

They also face potential law suits if they do it at work.

You can bring a black female to a white neighborhood and all is fine, but if a white guy goes to a black neighborhood to pick-up his black female date...OH SH*T!!! Someone is gonna die!!!!
Please. Black dudes like me couldn't possibly care less about black women preferring or dating white men. Makes me not one lick of difference. Why should i care?

I mean, face violence? GTFOH.

The only way you'll face violence from me is if you start slick talking out the side of your neck or decide to approach me in a hostile manner. But i'm sure as hell not gonna be violent because you're dating a black woman. Please...you're flattering yourself. Women are a dime a dozen. Far too many for me to get angry over what black woman some random white guy is with.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:15 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
Did any of them have children?

I'll only believe they had intimate relations if they had children to prove it. Otherwise i think its just for show or something.

I know famous white men and black women have friendly relations, but i never see any children. Robert de niro is another one.

Got to be fully black as well, none of this Boris Becker type stuff.
Here are a few for you...let me know if you need more names

David Bowie and Iman (100% African) - married 20 years with one child

Mick Jagger and Marsha Hunt - have a daughter Karis

Nicholas Laird (author) and Zadie Smith - married with daughter

James Frain (English actor) and wife Marta - married 9 years with two children

Old 01-06-2013, 12:20 AM

1,851 posts, read 3,398,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
People talk about dating other ethnicities as if they're going around with martians.

So stupid.
I know! LOL!

Old 01-06-2013, 07:40 AM

734 posts, read 932,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What part of the UK do you live in, and what parts of the UK have you been to?
Black women and white men date/marry routinely in the UK. The interactions are different, because the Africans and Caribs are immigrants, w/out a slave history in Europe.

Our wedding Mike & Patricia - YouTube

Boyfriend Tag Remixed= Husband Tag!! - YouTube

The real divide in European society is class standing.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:39 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Black women and white men date/marry routinely in the UK. The interactions are different, because the Africans and Caribs are immigrants, w/out a slave history in Europe.

Our wedding Mike & Patricia - YouTube

Boyfriend Tag Remixed= Husband Tag!! - YouTube

The real divide in European society is class standing.
This is because the UK has operated differently than the USA.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:51 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
This is something else I've thought about. Many years ago(when I was a teenager), I watched this British TV show called "Big Kids". Has anyone hear ever heard of Duncan Duff, Imogen Stuubs, Kelly Salmon, or Matt Adams? They were all on the show. It came on in late 2000.

Well, in one of the episodes, Simon(played by Matt Adams) was pursuing a girl that he liked. He's White and the girl he liked, Melanie, happened to be Black. In the end, she asked him to go to the dance, and he says yes. It shocked me a bit because in the USA(particularly in the South where I live), interracial dating/interracial marriage would be considered one of those "taboo" topics. To be honest, it made me want to move to the UK because I looked at that show, and saw something that made me feel that interracial dating wasn't considered taboo there.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:01 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,013 times
The answer is far simpler than the question. I have many friends from England, and those who are black, don't segregate themselves and tend to be more sociable with others.

When you associate with people other than your segregated circle, then things like interracial marriage is more common as people of varying backgrounds, and race tend to not see color so much as the person whom they are associating with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies