Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2011, 09:03 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times

Advertisements

What crybabies - but where is there acceptance of their own women? You don't see any women in this little group.

And yes, they need to realize that their "culture" doesn't fit in this country. They can either adapt to American ways or they should leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 09:20 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times

http://www.libertyfortheworld.org/old7.jpg (broken link)

The differences are glaring.

The Muslims choose to bring their weird culture here and stick to their medieval ways. If they come to the USA, it should be to assimilate and adapt to our ways. If they can't handle that, they can return home to one of their Islamic paradises where they will fit in wonderfully.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

The differences are glaring.

The Muslims choose to bring their weird culture here and stick to their medieval ways. If they come to the USA, it should be to assimilate and adapt to our ways. If they can't handle that, they can return home to one of their Islamic paradises where they will fit in wonderfully.
Remember..the "melting pot" of assimilation has given way to the "salad bowl" where multi-culturalism is EMBRACED and TOLERATED.

That's the NWO agenda. We are global citizens, global consumers and must worry about everyone everywhere.

The young generation is being raised with these ideas and beliefs.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:17 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Damn. The only thing that frightens me about this topic is how scared sh*tless some of you are. Must be tough to live in fear all the time. You see a mosque, and shrink in a corner somewhere.

Then, to post pictures of people in churches and mosques as some sort of wierd, valid comparison is even dumber. As if having men and women worshipping together in Christian churches has translated into anything worth bragging about.

Religion is a joke. One is no better than the other in it's hypocrisy and bigotry. Islam just hasn't had its brush with modernity like Christianity has. And even still, that brush with modernity hasn't made Christianity any better except that we don't have Crusades anymore. Otherwise, it's just as pathetic.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:22 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Ok, a couple of points here on the actually original post. First off there is the matter of the two men ordered to de-plane after having been cleared TWICE, does no one see a problem with that, what if that had been you, would you really say hey no problem I understand that some people are overly paranoid. Why didn’t the TSA put a stop to the pilots actions, since they already knew the two were cleared? Make fun all you want but the logic here is lacking and the two had every right to be outraged over the matter.
Second story has to do with terrorists being caught, excellent news. That said, please explain what one has to do with the other, there is no connection other than the men share a similar faith and I doubt that they share much of that in common since one obviously believes they are in a holy war and the others, like the Vast majority of Muslims, do not. Do not get me wrong I believe in profiling, but come folks if someone has been cleared TWICE it is time drop the fear mongering.
Personal opinion is the two examples were used in an excuse to spit a little anger and hate towards Muslims in general, the obvious feelings the OP, and in the process get a few others to join in, hopefully that will hold them over for a while. The fact is there are good Muslims and there are bad Muslims, just like every other group on the planet, just because they catch two bad ones does not excuse the lack of rational thinking when it came to the other two, if you actually believe that you have also given up the ability to think rationally. FYI, Muslims have lived in America since before this nation was even formed and have lived with us as fellow citizens for hundreds of years, pretty sad that we cannot see that it is not Muslims we should be fearing or hating it is terrorists that use their religion to excuse their actions to gain power for themselves.
Ok, back to your hating, get it out, you might feel better.
Casper
Casper the underlying thing is that there is no longer any profile of Muslim that is a safe bet. The shooting at Fort Hood came at the hands of a Muslim that seemed to be a peaceful and harmless man. The man was born in the USA and he was a doctor, so there's the added sense of security afforded by the Hypocatin Oath. Most of the 9/11 attackers were educated people, and they came from all over the world. Attacks have come at the hands of men, women and children. They've come at the hands of every conceivable background. The only thing they all have in common: They're Muslims.

Now the idiot idea behind terrorism is that they're going to terrorize their enemies into submission. Their enemies can never know where the next attack will come from so they'll just give up and surrender. I'm not entirely sure what form of surrender they're expecting. Give up and stop being Americans? Give up and cease all association with all Muslim nations? Give up and all convert enmasse to Islam? Are they expecting the United States to just fall apart and cease to exist? Impossible to say what they're expecting, but it isn't working out for them at all.

Terrorism seldom ever accomplishes anything that its supporters were hoping. In most cases, the results are exactly the opposite. What Al Qeda and other terrorist organizations have succeeded at is painting a target on every Muslim in the world. They have thoroughly proven that any Muslim just might be one of their operatives. Now I have enough sense to not actually hate Muslims, but it's pretty hard to trust any of them under such circumstances. I know that most of them are not a threat, yet some few of them are. How do you tell the difference?

Old 05-14-2011, 11:27 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

There is nothing equal to the insanity that keeps coming outta that kitchen!

This is the very picture of "safety" and "security" to your average Tea Party, paranoid, strongly ethnocentric/xenophobic conservative, where we are all subject to a pat down and questioning by a state that we find equivalent and representative of our own misguided prejudices. Be wary of these types, because terrorism will never pose the same threat to your freedoms as this type of mindset and belief does, in fact, terrorism poses little or no threat whatsoever to your personal freedoms under the Constitution, the ultimate arbiter.

We come from a land founded on discrimination and there are those who wish we instead retard progress, and revert to a day that would lead to a long bloody struggle, for over one hundred years, that is still ongoing for some. Those days should be behind us forever. And it should be ongoing for none. Stereotypes and prejudice are neither good for the country or for actual progress as human beings.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Casper the underlying thing is that there is no longer any profile of Muslim that is a safe bet. The shooting at Fort Hood came at the hands of a Muslim that seemed to be a peaceful and harmless man. The man was born in the USA and he was a doctor, so there's the added sense of security afforded by the Hypocatin Oath. Most of the 9/11 attackers were educated people, and they came from all over the world. Attacks have come at the hands of men, women and children. They've come at the hands of every conceivable background. The only thing they all have in common: They're Muslims.

Now the idiot idea behind terrorism is that they're going to terrorize their enemies into submission. Their enemies can never know where the next attack will come from so they'll just give up and surrender. I'm not entirely sure what form of surrender they're expecting. Give up and stop being Americans? Give up and cease all association with all Muslim nations? Give up and all convert enmasse to Islam? Are they expecting the United States to just fall apart and cease to exist? Impossible to say what they're expecting, but it isn't working out for them at all.

Terrorism seldom ever accomplishes anything that its supporters were hoping. In most cases, the results are exactly the opposite. What Al Qeda and other terrorist organizations have succeeded at is painting a target on every Muslim in the world. They have thoroughly proven that any Muslim just might be one of their operatives. Now I have enough sense to not actually hate Muslims, but it's pretty hard to trust any of them under such circumstances. I know that most of them are not a threat, yet some few of them are. How do you tell the difference?
You probably can't tell the difference.

But such is life. I'm not Muslim and who knows if i won't snap someday and shoot you for nothing? Answer: you DON'T know. When you walk out the door everyday, there's small chance that you'll never walk back in again. That's an acceptable risk we all take....especially in a free society. And i like this society just the way it is.

I won't live in fear, and i insist on remaining the same person i was on September 10, 2001. If i'm not, then the terrorists have achieved their objectives. I'm not going to look at Muslims any different than i always have...as other human beings. If it costs me my life, oh well. I wasn't going to live forever anyway.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

Terrorism seldom ever accomplishes anything that its supporters were hoping. In most cases, the results are exactly the opposite. What Al Qeda and other terrorist organizations have succeeded at is painting a target on every Muslim in the world.
Perhaps their stated goal was to bankrupt the U.S. and make it hated across the world?

If so, they have been successful.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This is the very picture of "safety" and "security" to your average Tea Party, paranoid, strongly ethnocentric/xenophobic conservative, where we are all subject to a pat down and questioning by a state that we find equivalent and representative of our own misguided prejudices. Be wary of these types, because terrorism will never pose the same threat to your freedoms as this type of mindset and belief does, in fact, terrorism poses little or no threat whatsoever to your personal freedoms under the Constitution, the ultimate arbiter.

We come from a land founded on discrimination and there are those who wish we instead retard progress, and revert to a day that would lead to a long bloody struggle, for over one hundred years, that is still ongoing for some. Those days should be behind us forever. And it should be ongoing for none. Stereotypes and prejudice are neither good for the country or for actual progress as human beings.
That is NYC..quite liberal. How many times has the Patriot Act been extended by the Dems ? What part has been repealed by the Dems ?

Don't kid yourself that this is Tea Party doings because the Tea Party is not in charge of anything nor do they have a majority vote in any government body.

This increased "security" over the past 2 years is from the Dems.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That is NYC..quite liberal. How many times has the Patriot Act been extended by the Dems ? What part has been repealed by the Dems ?

Don't kid yourself that this is Tea Party doings because the Tea Party is not in charge of anything nor do they have a majority vote in any government body.

This increased "security" over the past 2 years is from the Dems.
Whatever. It's not a football game, where we assess each team penalties and points, it's a game called life, and something called right and wrong.

Before you can assess blame, you have to understand the problem. The problem of discrimination, stereotypes, and prejudice does not have to have a party identification. That I assigned one to it is probably not the best idea. I'm sure many Tea Party types are not like that description. But from the soundbites and video I've seen and heard, many seem to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies