U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-12-2011, 02:03 PM
 
10,691 posts, read 11,713,418 times
Reputation: 6044

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Muslim Americans still find acceptance elusive in the wake of bin Laden’s death - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110511/us_yblog_thelookout/muslim-americans-still-find-acceptance-elusive-in-the-wake-of-bin-ladens-death - broken link)

Muslim Americans still find acceptance elusive in the wake of Bin Laden’s death


On Friday morning, Masudur Rahman boarded a plane to attend a conference in North Carolina on Americans' distrust of Islam. Agents with the Transportation Security Administration had twice screed both Massud and his traveling companion Mohamed Zaghloul and determined that the two men were not a threat, and they were cleared to join all the other similarly screened passengers on the Delta regional flight operated by Atlantic Southeast Airlines.

That's why it came as a shock to the pair when the staff ordered them to deplane, reportedly because the pilot didn't want them on board. An Atlantic Southeast spokesman says the airline is investigating the incident, and that the company takes "all allegations of discrimination very seriously."

Rahman and Zaghloul didn't arrive at the conference until the evening, and Rahman said he was too stressed by the experience to concentrate on the weekend's topic of "Islamophobia," or the fear of Islam.
Poor poor Muslims..... They can't figure out why people keep checking them out!!

HEY MUSLIMS !! LET ME HELP YOU!! HOT OFF THE PRESS!! TODAY!!!

Terror Suspects Arrested in Midtown for Synagogue Plot - DNAinfo.com

MANHATTAN — Two men were arrested in a sting operation after they allegedly tried to buy hand grenades and guns and talked about a terror attack on New York synagogues, the New York Times reported.
The men were described by the Times' source as "homegrown" with one being of North African descent.

"We believe that this individual had great potential to cause mayhem," said Commissioner Raymond Kelly.


Ahmed Ferhani, 26, and Mohamed Mamdouh, 20, were charged with conspiracy in 2nd degree as crime of terrorism, conspiracy as hate crime, criminal possession in 2nd as crime of terrorism and attempted criminal possession of weapon in first as crime of terrorism.

Read more: Terror Suspects Arrested in Midtown for Synagogue Plot - DNAinfo.com




Look........how we stop pretending....How about they stop acting so "put upon"?! How about we stop getting reports like this or honor killings, or pirating, or flag burning or blowin' stuff up.........??? It's like being mad at my wife because she's acting cold towards me, because she caught me cheating.

And I'm sick of the inevitable stupid "Christian" equivalency arguments!!

There is nothing equal to the insanity that keeps coming outta that kitchen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-12-2011, 02:05 PM
 
29,822 posts, read 16,501,014 times
Reputation: 13868
Good to see the jackbooted government thug keeping American sheep in single file.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 02:07 PM
 
10,691 posts, read 11,713,418 times
Reputation: 6044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Good to see the jackbooted government thug keeping American sheep in single file.

Yep....it sure is!! Too bad that he needs to be there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 02:10 PM
 
Location: The D-M-V area
13,694 posts, read 15,666,244 times
Reputation: 9520
Well... I have good news for them.

There are plenty of nations with a majority Muslim population where they would probably feel more comfortable.

I hope they avail themselves of the first jet moving out of North America to anywhere that's got a muslim majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 02:11 PM
 
29,822 posts, read 16,501,014 times
Reputation: 13868
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Yep....it sure is!! Too bad that he needs to be there.
You don't deserve the freedom you have if that scene is okay with you.

He is there, because more of his ilk are over there occupying/killing and driving them here to do the same to us.

It's not real complicated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 02:11 PM
 
Location: The middle of nowhere Arkansas
3,326 posts, read 2,722,600 times
Reputation: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

Poor poor Muslims..... They can't figure out why people keep checking them out!!

HEY MUSLIMS !! LET ME HELP YOU!! HOT OFF THE PRESS!! TODAY!!!

Terror Suspects Arrested in Midtown for Synagogue Plot - DNAinfo.com

MANHATTAN Two men were arrested in a sting operation after they allegedly tried to buy hand grenades and guns and talked about a terror attack on New York synagogues, the New York Times reported.
The men were described by the Times' source as "homegrown" with one being of North African descent.

"We believe that this individual had great potential to cause mayhem," said Commissioner Raymond Kelly.


Ahmed Ferhani, 26, and Mohamed Mamdouh, 20, were charged with conspiracy in 2nd degree as crime of terrorism, conspiracy as hate crime, criminal possession in 2nd as crime of terrorism and attempted criminal possession of weapon in first as crime of terrorism.

Read more: Terror Suspects Arrested in Midtown for Synagogue Plot - DNAinfo.com




Look........how we stop pretending....How about they stop acting so "put upon"?! How about we stop getting reports like this or honor killings, or pirating, or flag burning or blowin' stuff up.........??? It's like being mad at my wife because she's acting cold towards me, because she caught me cheating.

And I'm sick of the inevitable stupid "Christian" equivalency arguments!!

There is nothing equal to the insanity that keeps coming outta that kitchen!
I'm sorry if muslims feel left out but I'd still rather be muslim in american than christian in egypt.


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 02:19 PM
 
3,568 posts, read 3,283,673 times
Reputation: 1364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
I'm sorry if muslims feel left out but I'd still rather be muslim in american than christian in egypt.

You got that right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 02:21 PM
 
3,568 posts, read 3,283,673 times
Reputation: 1364
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

Poor poor Muslims..... They can't figure out why people keep checking them out!!

HEY MUSLIMS !! LET ME HELP YOU!! HOT OFF THE PRESS!! TODAY!!!

Terror Suspects Arrested in Midtown for Synagogue Plot - DNAinfo.com

MANHATTAN Two men were arrested in a sting operation after they allegedly tried to buy hand grenades and guns and talked about a terror attack on New York synagogues, the New York Times reported.
The men were described by the Times' source as "homegrown" with one being of North African descent.

"We believe that this individual had great potential to cause mayhem," said Commissioner Raymond Kelly.


Ahmed Ferhani, 26, and Mohamed Mamdouh, 20, were charged with conspiracy in 2nd degree as crime of terrorism, conspiracy as hate crime, criminal possession in 2nd as crime of terrorism and attempted criminal possession of weapon in first as crime of terrorism.

Read more: Terror Suspects Arrested in Midtown for Synagogue Plot - DNAinfo.com




Look........how we stop pretending....How about they stop acting so "put upon"?! How about we stop getting reports like this or honor killings, or pirating, or flag burning or blowin' stuff up.........??? It's like being mad at my wife because she's acting cold towards me, because she caught me cheating.

And I'm sick of the inevitable stupid "Christian" equivalency arguments!!

There is nothing equal to the insanity that keeps coming outta that kitchen!
It doesn't help them to find acceptance when they ghettoize themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 02:21 PM
 
10,691 posts, read 11,713,418 times
Reputation: 6044
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Well... I have good news for them.

There are plenty of nations with a majority Muslim population where they would probably feel more comfortable.

I hope they avail themselves of the first jet moving out of North America to anywhere that's got a muslim majority.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 02:24 PM
 
10,691 posts, read 11,713,418 times
Reputation: 6044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You don't deserve the freedom you have if that scene is okay with you.

He is there, because more of his ilk are over there occupying/killing and driving them here to do the same to us.

It's not real complicated.
(shakes head)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top