Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 05:19 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,342,639 times

Advertisements

Actually it is much easier to be attracted to the Republican Party. Every single Republican candidate says the same thing, elect me and I will lower your taxes. Now who is not going to fall for that spiel? Anybody remember Bush Senior? "No new taxes" and just how did that work out? Somebody has to pay to keep the country running and If they ain't gonna make big business pay then who are they going to hit up for higher taxes? The same people who they promised "no new taxes".

Tell the people just what they want to hear and you'll get their vote.
Luckily the Liberals are much smarter than the Conservatives and they know you have to pay your bills (balance the budget)and in order to pay, you have to collect taxes.

If course if we didn't send all out menial work to China many people who lost their jobs and now collect welfare could be working and paying taxes. But why should we care about those people? Most of them are lazy and all they want to do is sit around and drink beer and smoke crack.

So I don't know who more educated but the people who elect Republicans sure aren't smarter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 05:23 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,258,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Actually it is much easier to be attracted to the Republican Party. Every single Republican candidate says the same thing, elect me and I will lower your taxes. Now who is not going to fall for that spiel? Anybody remember Bush Senior? "No new taxes" and just how did that work out? Somebody has to pay to keep the country running and If they ain't gonna make big business pay then who are they going to hit up for higher taxes? The same people who they promised "no new taxes".

Tell the people just what they want to hear and you'll get their vote.
Luckily the Liberals are much smarter than the Conservatives and they know you have to pay your bills (balance the budget)and in order to pay, you have to collect taxes.

If course if we didn't send all out menial work to China many people who lost their jobs and now collect welfare could be working and paying taxes. But why should we care about those people? Most of them are lazy and all they want to do is sit around and drink beer and smoke crack.

So I don't know who more educated but the people who elect Republicans sure aren't smarter.
How does that not apply to Democrats as well? Democrats tell Lawyers that they won't enact tort reform. Look at Obamacare, it has no tort reform or any legislation to place caps on punitive damages and place higher burdens for filing law suits. If I'm a lawyer, I'm going to vote for the Democrats.

I agree with your point but both parties have their special interests.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:45 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,312,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
It took you only three minutes to change the subject
Incapable of drawing inferences? I didn't change the subject whatsoever. My point is, it's the large numbers of government dependents that make up the majorities of metropolitan areas that vote democrat. And heck, why not? The democrats keep giving them more and more freebies in return for their continued support.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:45 PM

46,217 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Really?

So, what you believe in,...makes you more smart?

Ha ha....

Just like saying...I'm Green...I'm smarter than you...

Old 05-13-2011, 07:47 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,236,296 times
Of course liberals are more educated. Look at educational attainment in red vs. blue states. It's not even close. Next question please...

Old 05-13-2011, 07:57 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,928,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
The poor and uneducated overwhelmingly vote Democrat in both blue and red states.
citation?

Old 05-13-2011, 08:03 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,085,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
uhh, not really. It's a fairly well known fact that most (college aged) students have liberal views. It's once they mature and start seeing for themselves the wasteful spending of the money extracted from their paychecks that their eyes are opened to conservative beliefs.

Nice try though.
Yeah kind of like the Corporate hand outs the government gives to the large corporations. Lets not forget who actually runs this country it appears it is not the senate or congress but the hard line special interest groups.

the corporate welfare handouts make me sick to think about.
today I learned that 35% of the nations corps only pay taxes
that was on msnbc this afternoon. i was literally shocked.

The same repubs who say they want limited govnt are extending their greedy little hands for their vs. of corporate welfare what a shaft to us working stiffs
who cant even modify our home loans because we make the payment on time while our values plumet- talk about the erosion of middle class huh

Old 05-13-2011, 08:07 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,343,313 times
I am not so sure that Jay F is correct in stating that "the poor and uneducated overwhelmingly vote Democratic"

Those who are struggling, either financially or socially, tend to be much more conservative than those who have a variety of life experiences (afforded by the results of education), those who have opened their hearts and minds to people of all social and economic circumstance. It is the latter who tend to be liberal in their views, regardless of whether their education has been formal or informal. That is my experience, and I know and have known many on both sides of this equation!

Old 05-13-2011, 08:39 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
No.

and even if they were, they severely lack common sense.
Albert Einstein quotes: Quotations of 'Albert Einstein'

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

Truer words were never spoken.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:00 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,546,185 times
I've heard so many people repeat the same story that I myself am so familiar with: that they were left leaning when they were young, but got more and more conservative with age. The libs on this thread seem to be saying that life experience makes you dumber, but then some people never grow up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies