U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 05-12-2011, 06:05 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
19,910 posts, read 9,436,955 times
Reputation: 3642

Advertisements

Another AGW scientist "comes out of the closet" on AGW.

Anthropogenic Global Warming is false science former "alarmist" scientist says

David Evans is a scientist. He also has worked in the heart of the AGW machine and consulted full-time for the Australian Greenhouse Office (now the Department of Climate Change) from 1999 to 2005, and part-time 2008 to 2010, modeling Australia’s carbon in plants, debris, mulch, soils, and forestry and agricultural products. He has six university degrees, including a PhD in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University.

Quote:
The debate about global warming has reached ridiculous proportions and is full of micro-thin half-truths and misunderstandings. I am a scientist who was on the carbon gravy train, understands the evidence, was once an alarmist, but am now a skeptic.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-12-2011, 06:39 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
77,452 posts, read 39,573,253 times
Reputation: 19634
Wow..Evans ? Looks like he decided he's a true scientist after all.

From your link..the key between science and politics..politics always has a way of corrupting:

"In science, empirical evidence always trumps theory, no matter how much you are in love with the theory. If theory and evidence disagree, real scientists scrap the theory."
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 06:41 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
15,292 posts, read 12,634,036 times
Reputation: 10788
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Another AGW scientist "comes out of the closet" on AGW.

Anthropogenic Global Warming is false science former "alarmist" scientist says

David Evans is a scientist. He also has worked in the heart of the AGW machine and consulted full-time for the Australian Greenhouse Office (now the Department of Climate Change) from 1999 to 2005, and part-time 2008 to 2010, modeling Australia’s carbon in plants, debris, mulch, soils, and forestry and agricultural products. He has six university degrees, including a PhD in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University.
And now we have a grand total of a handful of Scientists challenging the theory of Global Warming, versus the rest of the Scientific community.

You do understand that in science there are always a few researchers with opposing views.....that's the nature of science......and how it works.

And it does NOT prove anything except you attempting to fuel your agenda by quoting one, of a very small number of scientists, who do not agree with the theory of Global Warming.

In the Scientific literature the theory is accepted as basically accurate and like any theory will be refined as we increase our knowledge base....TRY AGAIN!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 06:53 PM
 
6,958 posts, read 6,322,721 times
Reputation: 7268
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Another AGW scientist "comes out of the closet" on AGW.

Anthropogenic Global Warming is false science former "alarmist" scientist says

David Evans is a scientist. He also has worked in the heart of the AGW machine and consulted full-time for the Australian Greenhouse Office (now the Department of Climate Change) from 1999 to 2005, and part-time 2008 to 2010, modeling Australia’s carbon in plants, debris, mulch, soils, and forestry and agricultural products. He has six university degrees, including a PhD in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University.
He should atone for his sins by purchasing one of Al Gore's carbon indulgences.

Billions wasted on garbage science.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,443 posts, read 19,341,397 times
Reputation: 15560
When I glanced at the title I thought it said Wavy Gravy Train.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 07:05 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
77,452 posts, read 39,573,253 times
Reputation: 19634
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
And now we have a grand total of a handful of Scientists challenging the theory of Global Warming, versus the rest of the Scientific community.

You do understand that in science there are always a few researchers with opposing views.....that's the nature of science......and how it works.

And it does NOT prove anything except you attempting to fuel your agenda by quoting one, of a very small number of scientists, who do not agree with the theory of Global Warming.

In the Scientific literature the theory is accepted as basically accurate and like any theory will be refined as we increase our knowledge base....TRY AGAIN!
Science can never be proven..only disproven.
Skeptics are welcome in science because questioning a theory either breaks it or strengthens it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
19,910 posts, read 9,436,955 times
Reputation: 3642
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Science can never be proven..only disproven.
Skeptics are welcome in science because questioning a theory either breaks it or strengthens it.
^ this
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 08:33 PM
 
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, Calif.
18,630 posts, read 17,332,074 times
Reputation: 4721
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
And now we have a grand total of a handful of Scientists challenging the theory of Global Warming, versus the rest of the Scientific community.
It's a lot more than a "handful." Not counting those who don't want to admit it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 08:41 PM
 
Location: Austin
20,547 posts, read 6,581,093 times
Reputation: 4651
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Another AGW scientist "comes out of the closet" on AGW.

Anthropogenic Global Warming is false science former "alarmist" scientist says

David Evans is a scientist. He also has worked in the heart of the AGW machine and consulted full-time for the Australian Greenhouse Office (now the Department of Climate Change) from 1999 to 2005, and part-time 2008 to 2010, modeling Australia’s carbon in plants, debris, mulch, soils, and forestry and agricultural products. He has six university degrees, including a PhD in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University.

Wow. What a dummy. Where will he get his money now????? Nobody pays scientists that are not alarmists.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 08:43 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
19,910 posts, read 9,436,955 times
Reputation: 3642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It's a lot more than a "handful." Not counting those who don't want to admit it.
Yup. I've repeatedly mentioned that as someone who siphons taxpayer money vis-a-vis government funded projects, we must present a feeling of doom and gloom for the educational community if our work isn't allowed to move forward. IMO, it's actually bulls**t, but I gotta get my degree somehow.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top