Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:11 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times

Advertisements

See.....this guy is certified nuts!!

Quote:

And this is the best quote from the article:

Quote:
Though Paul is credited by some with inspiring the Tea Party movement, one faction of that movement was not happy with the comment.
"If there is any doubt that Ron Paul should not even get near the Oval Office, even on a tour of the White House, he has just revealed it," Tea Party Nation founder Judson Phillips said on his website. "For a Congressman to say the raid to kill the man who is one of the greatest mass murderers of Americans in history was, 'not necessary,' is simply nuts."
Do we want a guy like Paul protecting this nation? I don't...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 03:24 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Not a good way to start the campaign, Ron. Most American's are happy with the dissolution of OBL. Unless you're intentionally trying to appeal to a small segment of society, i'm not sure this is a good way to get solid traction on the campaign trail.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:24 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
ron paul wasn't saying that bin laden didn't need to be caught or killed, and i certainly agree with ron paul. lots of innocent people on both sides (including our soldiers) have been killed in the process of "looking" for him.

we spent 3 TRILLION dollars looking for him and he was living with 3 of his wives and children for years, for crying out loud. he wasn't found hiding by himself in the mountains.

something is seriously wrong with that picture.

for the record, who is protecting our nation now- since our borders seem to be wide open?

Old 05-13-2011, 03:31 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
ron paul wasn't saying that bin laden didn't need to be caught or killed, and i certainly agree with ron paul. lots of innocent people on both sides (including our soldiers) have been killed in the process of "looking" for him.

we spent 3 TRILLION dollars looking for him and he was living with 3 of his wives and children for years, for crying out loud.

something is seriously wrong with that picture.

for the record, who is protecting our nation now- since our borders seem to be wide open?
I get where you're going with this....but on the other hand....the reason to go get the guy ourselves is in fact because we spent trillions searching for him. America doesn't like anti-climatic events, especially when our hard-earned tax dollars are at stake. Why let Pakistan get all the credit? They clearly harbored the guy.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:57 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
i understand the patriotism that is driving this discussion, but i think ron paul was right.

Paul said the United States should have gone after bin Laden the same way it went after Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, architect of the Sept. 11 attacks, by working with the Pakistan government.

"They arrested him, actually, and turned him over to us," Paul said, suggesting the same formula should have applied to bin Laden.

why not?

again, if he was living next to a military base with 3 of his wives and many of his children for years, somebody knew. i can't even speculate who knew about this but i have a logical thought process on it.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:09 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
As a long time Paul supported I am disappointed with his comments.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:27 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Most Americans seem happy to attack other nations,as long as they won't be affected.

And if they are in some way affected,act all shocked.

But then most Americans are stupid and cannot think for themselves.

An interesting quote from the article:
"
Quote:
What if he had been in a hotel in London?" Paul said on Newsradio 1040 WHO. "So would we have sent the ... helicopters into London because they were afraid the information would get out? No, you don't want to do that."
[LEFT]
Read more: Ron Paul: I Would Not Have Ordered Bin Laden Raid - FoxNews.com
[/LEFT]

The USA did it because he was in Pakistan,the USA would certainly NOT have done it if he was in China...LOL,the US government would have probably got down on it's knees and thanked the Chinese for having him there....as frightened as the US government is of China.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:28 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,198 times
i stand by Ron Paul on his comments...i believe he's happy with the end result (killing OBL), but is concerned with the way we achieved the end result.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:30 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
See.....this guy is certified nuts!!
please explain how his comments make him "certified nuts"...

Old 05-13-2011, 05:33 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
I find the left wingers now supporting us sending in troops to a sovern nation, while sending bombs into another, rather hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies