Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 10:22 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Yeah, those blacks today...

A few questions:

Corruption? Prove. You guys haven't been able to stick anything to him.
Assault on taxpayers: He lowered taxes, so I don't know what you're bitching about.

Wealth Distribution: If only! Wealth has been redistributed upwards in this country for the past 30 years. You guys only call it class warfare when we fight back. Hypocrites.
You're in denial. Just keep drinking the koolaid and slap those Hope 'n Change bumper stickers on your car like a good little Obamatron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 10:22 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Is there some built in system of self denial or just ignorance of the country that some whites can't see the screw ups that have sat in political offices since the inception of this country.
Both, actually, and neither are going away. Those who cling to their delusions are older and we can only hope, if they did reproduce, their spawn will be smarter.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:24 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
The libs are so quick to want to play the race card at every opportunity they missed the Biden quote in the OP. Stupid is as stupid does and the left proves it daily.
I doubt any liberal missed the Biden "quote"---which is actually a misquote, by the way but we can let the slide. It's the OP's added words of "the great experiment" that's highly offensive. It's an insult to all of us who studied the issues and the candidates and felt that Obama was the better person to head the country.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:10 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Well, since we are all "mongrels", race is moot here. But he has been a huge failure, no doubt about it.

I like Herman Cain so far. If there is an "experiment" going on, he would be a sure winner over The Joker.
Herman Cain may have run a pizza chain, but he's never run a city council meeting. I doubt he has any idea how government works.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:29 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
This black author says it's time to let go of keeping racism front n center, it's become a habit more than a reality. He is right, if you don't count the pervasive racism against whites.

Quote:
So, in answer to the question, "Is America past racism against black people," I say the answer is yes.
Of course, nothing magically changed when Obama was declared president-elect. However, our proper concern is not whether racism still exists, but whether it remains a serious problem. The election of Obama proved, as nothing else could have, that it no longer does.
Racism In America Is Over - Forbes.com

Old 05-14-2011, 11:31 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
He is right, if you don't count the pervasive racism against whites.
There is no such thing. Never was, and never will be in this country. It's in your mind. Get that checked out, because believe me, you're imagining things.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:38 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There is no such thing. Never was, and never will be in this country. It's in your mind. Get that checked out, because believe me, you're imagining things.
Please, you've got a chip on your shoulder the size of Manhattan. It's in every post you make. Deny deny deny, if that makes you feel better. You feel the need to constantly remind us what color you are - we don't care!

Old 05-14-2011, 11:49 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Please, you've got a chip on your shoulder the size of Manhattan. It's in every post you make. Deny deny deny, if that makes you feel better. You feel the need to constantly remind us what color you are - we don't care!
Then don't answer me. I mention my color in posts related to color. Kinda how it works.

And there is no denial on my part....just delusion on your part. No chip on my shoulder either. That so called "chip" you see is me giving the bigots a taste of their own medicine. If i'm touching a nerve, go see a neurologist.

Ooops...i think i just touched another one.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:49 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Racism drives most of the discontent with Pres. Obama, that and ignorance.

That's why these clowns were calling him the "worst" President only months into his first term AFTER these clowns voted for George W. Bush.

Not once, but TWICE!

Bush was excoriated all day every day by the left.

obama to conservatives is what Bush was to liberals.

Should he get a pass? Because of his race? Is that what you're saying?

Old 05-14-2011, 12:53 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I doubt any liberal missed the Biden "quote"---which is actually a misquote, by the way but we can let the slide. It's the OP's added words of "the great experiment" that's highly offensive. It's an insult to all of us who studied the issues and the candidates and felt that Obama was the better person to head the country.
How's that working out for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies