Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 09:02 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Name it, he doesn't give a damn that 1 out of 5 are unemployed, fundamental transformation means cutting this country down to size. We've been a nation of greed, and he wants us punished. He takes our wealth and gives it away, not to our own poor, but to other countries. This is why we require our Presidents to not have divided allegiance, to be a 'natural born' citizen. This man's allegiance appears to be to any country but the USA. Why do you think Michelle said his election was the first time she had ever been proud of her country? His inspiration came from Rev. Wright - G__d D_mn America!
Less than 1 in 10 unemployment. You have no proof he doesn't care (and ample that he does). The fact that, at this point, you still believe he's not a natural born citizen reveals that your issues are more deeply rooted in race than any political front.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 09:22 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Less than 1 in 10 unemployment. You have no proof he doesn't care (and ample that he does). The fact that, at this point, you still believe he's not a natural born citizen reveals that your issues are more deeply rooted in race than any political front.
What does natural born citizen have to do with race? Just because you live n breathe racism, doesn't mean the rest of us even think about it. Don't you get it? Race doesn't matter, qualifications do. When you are discussing the resident, and all you see is his race (which is mixed btw), and we are trying to talk about his eligibility, policies and agenda - doesn't it occur to you that perhaps you are the racist and are just projecting that on everybody else?

Old 05-15-2011, 01:18 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
What does natural born citizen have to do with race? Just because you live n breathe racism, doesn't mean the rest of us even think about it. Don't you get it? Race doesn't matter, qualifications do. When you are discussing the resident, and all you see is his race (which is mixed btw), and we are trying to talk about his eligibility, policies and agenda - doesn't it occur to you that perhaps you are the racist and are just projecting that on everybody else?
Haha. Nice try. Clearly I'm not the first to observe this aspect of your views, but you're the one who still doesn't believe he was born here, not me. At this point, with all the evidence against you, there is something more than policy at play. You're welcome to tell me what it is, but it isn't just that he has a different political philosophy than you.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:33 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,978,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Wait......I thought the criticism of Obama had nothing to do with race?

I thought Obama-bashers didn't see his color but only his inexperience as a problem...so why the need to include "black" in your title?

I thought he was "half-black", not black? I guess it's okay as long as the person labeling him black is non-black.

Your subject suggests that Blacks have had their turn as POTUS', but let's get back to the "white is right" way of things. I'm sure I'm wrong though...your post seems sincere.

Good post

Old 05-15-2011, 04:20 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,978,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
The race card has been so overplayed by the left it has lost any impact it may have once had. Sadly any that are victimized by actual racism in the future will have problems gaining credibility thanks to this.

Inaccurate and emotional cries of racism from the far left have long since ceased being funny and are purely annoying.

I guess the GOP which ever part of them you want have been such saints.

Saint's Sarah, Michelle, Newt and Pope Paul Ryan have ceased being funny and are purely annoying, speaker Boehner is creating his own bed to lie in,

Rush will be Rush no matter what.

They could have lowered their tones.

Whoever runs against Obama has an uphill battle and can blame part on these bunch of fools. Why McCain chose Palin is beyond belief.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:40 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,920,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Wait......I thought the criticism of Obama had nothing to do with race?

I thought Obama-bashers didn't see his color but only his inexperience as a problem...so why the need to include "black" in your title?

I thought he was "half-black", not black? I guess it's okay as long as the person labeling him black is non-black.

Your subject suggests that Blacks have had their turn as POTUS', but let's get back to the "white is right" way of things. I'm sure I'm wrong though...your post seems sincere.

Its a Joe Biden quote...

Old 05-15-2011, 05:52 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
The only racists, are those that want to promote one group over another because of skin color, as if that is something "special". Black nationalists, Mexican nationalists, Islamic fanatics - these are the problems in our society today, among others. A free people, uphold the strength of the individual, not the collective. People need to stop identifying with groups that they think give them strength - we are stronger as independent thinkers. They want to herd the masses, and tell us how and what to think. Don't be so weak that you let them. It's all projection, they tell us who they are, by what they accuse us of being.
This is by far the best response I've read.

Thank you!

Old 05-15-2011, 06:44 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Speak for yourself. His color has never been a factor for me. It's not like he was raised in the black culture of today, he was raised in a white household. His color is a non-factor for the majority of us who oppose him. It's his smarmy, corrupt, wealth redistribution, assault on taxpayers politics that we don't like. Keep deluding yourself into thinking it's his color though.
The OP referenced Obama's race.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:34 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
The man has been president now for almost 3 years. Surely, you're not going to keep beating that drum---that he isn't qualified. HE IS DOING THE JOB. And doing it well in the opinion of a lot of people. If he disappoints or frustrates some of the people who voted for him it's usually because he's too much of a centralist, not governed from the Far Left enough, but that doesn't necessarily translate into not voting for him a second term. He's been one of the most active and engaged presidents I've ever observed in my life and I've lived through 12 presidencies so far. His policies and agenda are no more radial or perverse than others from his party who came before him and he's far LESS radial than those people who've been elected by the Tea Party people. You ought to try looking at the people who making civility and compromise obsolete in D.C. and it's not the president. This country can't accomplish much without both those two factors put back into government.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 05-15-2011 at 08:49 AM..

Old 05-15-2011, 08:14 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
OP: you obviously don't like Obama but his presidency is not an experiment and if we've learned anything---as you put it---it's that we have capable and strong president to have put up with all the outrageous crap the neo-con Right continually throw at him and his family. A certain segment of society still have their heads in the sand regarding the good character and intelligence of Obama, still fretting over his so-called inexperience. And while they fret, he's accomplishing as much or more than others who have served in the White House.

Daily Kos: The 244 ACCOMPLISHMENTS of PRESIDENT OBAMA

That's exactly the way I read it, too.
First off, I want to say I don't agree with the subject of the OP.

Second, your statements are correct up to a point. He has accomplished several good things, however what he has done to hurt us as a country far outweighs the good.

He is spending money like a drunken sailor, money that we don't have. It's leading to more and more unemployment.

The president as well as most in congress don't understand how to balance a budget, probably because they never had to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies