U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 07:27 AM

20,976 posts, read 16,263,511 times

Advertisements

Are we done with this illusion?

Have we learned our lesson?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 07:33 AM

24,889 posts, read 21,059,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

We'll always elect new, inexperienced Presidents.

The question you've got to ask yourself, do you want the devil you know, or the one you don't?

I think an Obama second term will be better than the first, I honestly don't see a competitor that can beat him yet, and with the UBL operation, I think President Obama has it wrapped up. Next year is a long way off though.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:41 AM

4,541 posts, read 3,655,321 times
Quote:

Wait......I thought the criticism of Obama had nothing to do with race?

I thought Obama-bashers didn't see his color but only his inexperience as a problem...so why the need to include "black" in your title?

I thought he was "half-black", not black? I guess it's okay as long as the person labeling him black is non-black.

Your subject suggests that Blacks have had their turn as POTUS', but let's get back to the "white is right" way of things. I'm sure I'm wrong though...your post seems sincere.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:52 AM

4,060 posts, read 3,437,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post

I thought Obama-bashers didn't see his color but only his inexperience as a problem...so why the need to include "black" in your title?

I thought he was "half-black", not black? I guess it's okay as long as the person labeling him black is non-black.

Your subject suggests that Blacks have had their turn as POTUS', but let's get back to the "white is right" way of things. I'm sure I'm wrong though...your post seems sincere.
Business as usual for some, it slightly tilted their world when they saw a black face on t.v. with an American flag behind it!!!

Funny how he has memory loss of every screw up President that just happened to be white!!! Where's his suggestion that we never elect a white President anymore??

You'll hear the usual "it's not about his color it's about his politics", can we get another monkey photo with this party talking point!!!

Is there some built in system of self denial or just ignorance of the country that some whites can't see the screw ups that have sat in political offices since the inception of this country.

Compare them to Obama and the more competent President becomes obvious, that is untill you look at his skin tone.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:54 AM

12,764 posts, read 7,823,323 times
Yeah, we learned our lesson!

Let's go back to the dirty, mealy-mouthed, white guys!

What are they called?...oh, yeah, trolls.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:54 AM

12,358 posts, read 7,747,157 times
OP: you obviously don't like Obama but his presidency is not an experiment and if we've learned anything---as you put it---it's that we have capable and strong president to have put up with all the outrageous crap the neo-con Right continually throw at him and his family. A certain segment of society still have their heads in the sand regarding the good character and intelligence of Obama, still fretting over his so-called inexperience. And while they fret, he's accomplishing as much or more than others who have served in the White House.

Daily Kos: The 244 ACCOMPLISHMENTS of PRESIDENT OBAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post

That's exactly the way I read it, too.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 05-14-2011 at 08:23 AM..

Old 05-14-2011, 08:03 AM

50,623 posts, read 26,709,379 times
Quote:

Naaaah....the criticism of Obama from you folks on the right has NOTHING to do with race. Nothing to do with it....absolutely not. Hell, his race has NEVER been a factor. You guys don't care about race at all. In fact, you've never even noticed his color. Moreover, you didn't realize he was black until someone actually told you about it the day after the election. Yea! That's right.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:08 AM

24,843 posts, read 32,393,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Naaaah....the criticism of Obama from you folks on the right has NOTHING to do with race. Nothing to do with it....absolutely not. Hell, his race has NEVER been a factor. You guys don't care about race at all. In fact, you've never even noticed his color. Moreover, you didn't realize he was black until someone actually told you about it the day after the election. Yea! That's right.
Obama opened this door himself.....

The IronDog Chronicles: Barack Obama at The Aspen Institute 7/2/05

Old 05-14-2011, 09:00 AM

4,060 posts, read 3,437,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Where does your link support your assertion?

Old 05-14-2011, 09:20 AM

7,526 posts, read 7,214,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Speak for yourself. His color has never been a factor for me. It's not like he was raised in the black culture of today, he was raised in a white household. His color is a non-factor for the majority of us who oppose him. It's his smarmy, corrupt, wealth redistribution, assault on taxpayers politics that we don't like. Keep deluding yourself into thinking it's his color though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies