Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 01:51 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,340,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Whenever homosexuals are being discriminated against, a great number of these people would often play the race card comparing their problems to blacks. Why is that?

Of course when they face anti-gay attitudes from any race, they always put their blame on blacks.
Strawman.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It is intentionally twisted logic: "Because blacks are discriminated against unjustly and racism is wrong, then it is must also be true that since homosexuals are discriminated against then that is wrong." False.

Immoral behavior should never be tolerated.
Then stop behaving immorally with your bigoted comments about gay people.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
My husband and I have been married 10 years, and haven't procreated. Why should procreation be what defines a relationship?
Clearly you shouldn't be married then. If you are not spending 24/7, 365 days a year procreating then you don't deserve to be married.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
You do choose to ACT gay. Stay in the closet and live your life in complete peace.
And you choose to ACT like a bigot.

If people like you stayed under their bridges, gay people would be able to live out of the closet in complete peace.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:27 AM

587 posts, read 1,131,645 times
I remember after the California prop 8 debacle in 2008, where marriage was ruled to be only between a man and woman and struck down California's prop 22, which allowed same sex marriage, the gay, lesbian and transgenered community, especially open gay white men, attacked the black california voters in droves and said they(the blacks) were the reason the gays couldnt get legally married because eledgily 70% of the black vote was a yes vote for marriage was only between a man and a woman....

the gays countered that they had help vote for your guy(Barack Obama) and in turn you screwed over us...dont know what alliance that all gays and all black in Cali had back in 2008, but Barack Obama is the President of the United States, including all blacks and all gays who are citizens.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
I remember after the California prop 8 debacle in 2008, where marriage was ruled to be only between a man and woman and struck down California's prop 22, which allowed same sex marriage, the gay, lesbian and transgenered community, especially open gay white men, attacked the black california voters in droves and said they(the blacks) were the reason the gays couldnt get legally married because eledgily 70% of the black vote was a yes vote for marriage was only between a man and a woman....

the gays countered that they had help vote for your guy(Barack Obama) and in turn you screwed over us...dont know what alliance that all gays and all black in Cali had back in 2008, but Barack Obama is the President of the United States, including all blacks and all gays who are citizens.
Sounds like something you'd read on an anti-gay conservative website to me.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:16 AM

9,879 posts, read 7,994,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Whenever homosexuals are being discriminated against, a great number of these people would often play the race card comparing their problems to blacks. Why is that?

Of course when they face anti-gay attitudes from any race, they always put their blame on blacks.
Don't know. They really should be comparing themselves
to women. We have had to fight for every right we have
gotten. Hell, Russia had women voting before this
country did.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:02 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,198,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
You think you're a Christian with beliefs that they should have the rights of a married couple and it's okay what they do in their bedrooms?

Beam me up, Scotty!
I don't think I'm a Christian..I know.

Perhaps you should read James 4:11-12, Matthew 7:1-5 or any other scripture of your choice that deals with judging. It's not my place to judge...only to love my neighbor.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:19 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,198,995 times
Here is my problem with the comparison of gays and blacks re: civil rights:

Before the Civil Rights Movement, this is the history of blacks in America:

-200+ years of forced slavery, a time during which Blacks experienced a loss of tribal traditions, rape, brutality, family separation and general degradation.

-After emancipation: harsh treatment under Jim Crow Law including:

-segregation and the inability to use the same public facilities and services as whites, including access to white schools
-lynchings carried out in front of mobs for grievances as simple as looking at a white woman too long or not showing enough respect to a white man
-redlining and the inability to purchase homes in nice neighborhoods
-being forced to ride in the back of the bus and/or give up your seat if a white person needed it
-having to say "Sir" and "Ma'am" while talking to whites...while in turn being referred to as "boy".
-strict laws that made it difficult for blacks to vote

There are dozens, maybe hundreds, of other examples of the harsh conditions blacks faced in this country up until the 1970's.

In what way does this even remotely touch on gays' right to marry?

Old 05-21-2011, 07:20 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,660,599 times
i'm pretty sure they didn't pass gay marriage in Maryland because a few representatives from predominantly black districts didn't want to upset their constituents, same in DC (although it still passed)

it's really quite something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies