Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 09:28 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Killing a man who attempts a rape is self defense and justifiable homicide. That man gets all the process he is due.

Your second arument compares apples and oranges. To say that pro life people have little respect for women is preposterous. I'd say the obverse is true. Since 1973 over 50 million babies have been aborted. Half of those were likely little girls. So pro-aborts killed roughly 25 million girls. Where's the respect in that? And I don't know of any social program that discriminates against women.

As to your third argument, it works this way. Women have an absolute right to make judgments affecting their lives and their bodies. But when that judgment affects the life of another person then it is not unlimited. Think of it this way. A smoker has an absolute right to poison his own body. But that right ends when it affects another person. So here in Maine a person cannot smoke in a car that is carrying children because the second hand smoke is deemed harmful to the children. The same principle applies to abortion.
JimMe, I gather from the name Jim you might be a dude. Well, take a look at this following scenario....let's just say, for argument's sake, you are married. And let's just say, your wife is getting sick and tired of your [whatever bad habits you have]. She can go to your gun cabinet, help herself to a gun, lay in wait in the bedroom, and when you walk in to call it a night POW! She blows you away and calls 911 and tells them you were trying to rape her. Frankly, as a woman, I think this idea that women can just blow some guy away and cry rape is far too much power to grant. I really don't think the guys thought this idea through very well.

But they didn't really think the idea of controlling women by trying to outlaw abortions through very well either - to be expected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 09:30 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Here's an article about Republicans removing abortion coverage even if the victim is raped.

Lawmaker Says Women Should Plan Ahead in Case of Rape, Since He Carries A Spare Tire
Funny those suggestions always come from men... I'm surprised he didn't say rape is women's fault because they don't look ugly enough to keep men away

Old 05-20-2011, 09:31 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Here's an article about Republicans removing abortion coverage even if the victim is raped.

Lawmaker Says Women Should Plan Ahead in Case of Rape, Since He Carries A Spare Tire
The federal government should not even be involved in whether or not a woman gets an abortion or not. Sheeez

Old 05-20-2011, 09:37 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Adoption is a better option, in my opinion.
Everything I have heard and read on this issue says otherwise. A child who is the product of rape has to live with this knowledge their entire life. Yeah I know, you don't have to tell them, but that is highly unethical in my opinion.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:40 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Everything I have heard and read on this issue says otherwise. A child who is the product of rape has to live with this knowledge their entire life. Yeah I know, you don't have to tell them, but that is highly unethical in my opinion.
Plus, who pays all the costs until adoption?

Old 05-20-2011, 10:09 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The federal government should not even be involved in whether or not a woman gets an abortion or not. Sheeez
Even a cursory reading of the link would have told you this was on a state legislature floor. The representative from Mission Hills????

Old 05-20-2011, 06:04 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
IMO anyone female raped, should be given the choice of the 2nd day pill on the instant of a report, assuming the report is timely. The choice should be offered at the first convenience.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:19 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Republicans, striving to exhibit even more stupidity than any other group, and doing a damn fine job of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies