Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 11:16 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times

Advertisements

Its just a eelkction speech and litttle else. Whop knows what the administration is tellig israel in private talks. Remmeber the NAFTA speech last time and what he assured Canada on campaign rethoric. Its kind of like many talk at peace talks then call for the destrustion of Israel really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 11:19 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,290 times
Obama Gifts Hamas With Most Sacred Sites of Christianity

he has to pay homage to his Muslim leaders

Old 05-20-2011, 11:21 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,399,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What does that have to do with the topic of obama dictating the 1967 "lines", that would turn over these holy sites to hamas?

I guess I'm quite confused. How can our President turn over anything to anyone? It's not our Country.

We need the money at home and NEED to start pulling the aide from a lot of these foreign countries. Pull the plug. Most of them hate us anyway.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:26 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
I guess I'm quite confused. How can our President turn over anything to anyone? It's not our Country.

We need the money at home and NEED to start pulling the aide from a lot of these foreign countries. Pull the plug. Most of them hate us anyway.
Well, if he HAD his way, he would be gifting hamas. Based on his "demands", he would be gifting hamas.

This is exactly how they are taking his speech over there.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:28 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times
Quote:
Well, if he HAD his way, he would be gifting hamas. Based on his "demands", he would be gifting hamas.

This is exactly how they are taking his speech over there.
And that is exactly how you're also taking his speech here. You should be there instead?

Old 05-20-2011, 11:35 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times
If I had my way, we'd take the Holy Lands away from all of them and make them a separate state onto itself like the Vatican is. Surely the Hold Lands make enough in tourist dollars to support itself. No one religion could lay claim to the area then and it would be open to all who want to live there in peace.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:41 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,706,360 times
History tells us that Christian Holy sites were safer with Muslims than with Crusaders who were supposed to safeguard them

Old 05-20-2011, 11:42 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If I had my way, we'd take the Holy Lands away from all of them and make them a separate state onto itself like the Vatican is. Surely the Hold Lands make enough in tourist dollars to support itself. No one religion could lay claim to the area then and it would be open to all who want to live there in peace.
I actually think this too. It should be internationally owned and operated.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:45 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times
Quote:
Hamas, Fatah sign truce deal - Israel News, Ynetnews

Well, apparently obama expects just that. Why is he ignoring the FACT that hamas and fatah have realigned and any aid to the palestinian authority means aid to hamas, a terrorist organization?

Here is a map of Jerusalem, along with the holy sites;

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/jerusalem-holy-sites-e1305894987721.gif (broken link)

Here is obama's map;

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/jerusalem-map.jpg (broken link)

What a dunderhead move by obama.

I truly hope Bibi embarrasses this idiot.

Obama's gift includes these sites; The Garden of Gethsamene, Chapel of the Ascension, The Tomb of the Virgin, The Tower of David, The Wailing Wall, The Via Delarosa (the final steps of Jesus Christ), The tomb of Jesus Christ, The Church of St. Anne
The Church of the Flagellation, The Church of All Nations, The site of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
You don't know squat do you?

Arabs in Jerusalem LOVE Christian tourists, because they make for easy marks to sell cheap crap to.

Even if all of Jerusalem were given to the Palestinians, Christians could still go visit.

Christians don't own anything, they may be holy sites to them, but they don't own them.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:45 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
History tells us that Christian Holy sites were safer with Muslims than with Crusaders who were supposed to safeguard them
I'm not too sure about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies