Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 11:49 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times

Advertisements

Unbelievable!

After AARP gets (http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailycaller/20110520/pl_dailycaller/afteraarpgetswaiverfromobamacareconservativegroups fightforinformationanswers_1 - broken link)

Quote:
“This is getting ridiculous, special waivers for labor unions, Nancy Pelosi’s constituents, and now AARP. How about the rest of America?,” Let Freedom Ring’s President Colin Hanna said. “The President and his radical bureaucrats need a reminder that we are a country of EQUAL protection under the law!”

Jim Martin, chairman of 60 Plus, the conservative alternative to the AARP, likens the AARP’s latest Obama administration gift to a “payoff” and that this “doesn’t surprise” him “one iota.”
Getting ridiculous? This passed ridiculous a long, long time ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 11:51 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
I'm aware that one is eligible for AARP membership at 50, but wouldn't you think that most AARP memebers are Medicare-eligible anyway?? Seems like a non-issue to me.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:52 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I'm aware that one is eligible for AARP membership at 50, but wouldn't you think that most AARP memebers are Medicare-eligible anyway?? Seems like a non-issue to me.
I agree, just another failed bash Obama thread,..

Old 05-20-2011, 11:53 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:

Only if you condone a pay-to-play administration. Do you?

Old 05-20-2011, 11:55 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,272,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Unbelievable!

After AARP gets (http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailycaller/20110520/pl_dailycaller/afteraarpgetswaiverfromobamacareconservativegroups fightforinformationanswers_1 - broken link)

Getting ridiculous? This passed ridiculous a long, long time ago.
Next it will be a blanket waiver for registered Democrats.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:56 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, didnt the AARP endorse the plan? Why would they ask for a waiver from a plan they endorsed?

Old 05-20-2011, 11:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Isnt it great you can endorse a plan, and then get waivers from that plan?

Btw, the AARP quote when defending a town hall meeting they had for Obamacare
“Our most important responsibility is to make sure our 40 million members have accurate, objective information about how health care reform will impact them. With the health care debate too often dominated by scare tactics and misinformation, it’s important that everyone understand the facts.”

So even the AARP says Obamacare has an impact on their members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Thats odd because Democrats celebrated the AARP endorsement when it happened, now you admit that theri members would be on medicare and thus they should have stayed out of the issue.. Ooh wait, you didnt admit that at all.. Odd, it seems you only care about the AARP opinion when they agree with you..

Old 05-20-2011, 12:00 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post

Nope, just another failed try from obama....

Old 05-20-2011, 12:07 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
AARP has already increased the insurance premiums they offer to their members because of Obama Care though they paid millions from members saying there would be a DECREASE in the cost of healthcare with Obana-Care.

Poison pill all the way.
They sold out their gullible members to get personally wealthy I am sure.

Well this kind of poop is why they lost over a hundred thousand members after supporting Obama.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:07 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Only if you condone a pay-to-play administration. Do you?
Get your head out of the sand -- every administration has a little "pay-to-play" in them. It's hardly a recent phenomenon.

As for AARP's endorsement, I don't see why they shouldn't have had a voice. The vast majority of retirees have children and grandchildren that could be impacted by the reform law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies