U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-20-2011, 05:56 PM
 
761 posts, read 333,788 times
Reputation: 453

Advertisements

Texas, you're going backwards. Cut it out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-20-2011, 06:02 PM
 
9,762 posts, read 7,098,404 times
Reputation: 6073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Yeah because we should all be forced to support a woman's "right" to open her legs and be irresponsible, right? Also, have you ever heard of adoption?
I'd like to have a loud and obnoxious sector of the population screaming and yelling that I should be able to kill someone and have it only be between myself and my doctor.
oh please choice is about choice! adoption included. yes women have the right to spread their legs just as a man does. you think people shouldn't have sex unless they are willing to have a baby? just proves you approve of the law based on wanting to guilt them into changing their mind. what about when BC fails? it happens. it is none of your business why or how a woman gets pregnant, nor is it your business what her choice is.

being able to "kill someone after birth" and they are able to survive without the aid of a female's womb is murder. the two examples are apples and oranges
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2011, 06:06 PM
 
Location: Canada
2,111 posts, read 826,668 times
Reputation: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
oh please choice is about choice! adoption included. yes women have the right to spread their legs just as a man does. you think people shouldn't have sex unless they are willing to have a baby? just proves you approve of the law based on wanting to guilt them into changing their mind. what about when BC fails? it happens. it is none of your business why or how a woman gets pregnant, nor is it your business what her choice is.

being able to "kill someone after birth" and they are able to survive without the aid of a female's womb is murder. the two examples are apples and oranges
Utter nonsense. Life is life. Your argument is akin to saying someone who requires medical intervention to survive is not really alive. It's also similar to stating that, since a child up to about age 14 or so cannot survive outside his parents' home, then he's not really alive either. He's dependent on his parents.
Go stew for awhile. There's no point in arguing with an ideologue like yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2011, 06:10 PM
 
761 posts, read 333,788 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Utter nonsense. Life is life. Your argument is akin to saying someone who requires medical intervention to survive is not really alive. It's also similar to stating that, since a child up to about age 14 or so cannot survive outside his parents' home, then he's not really alive either. He's dependent on his parents.
Go stew for awhile. There's no point in arguing with an ideologue like yourself.
Willing to accept nothing, but your own "opinion". Sounds like the typical anti-choice talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2011, 06:11 PM
 
Location: Canada
2,111 posts, read 826,668 times
Reputation: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force View Post
Willing to accept nothing, but your own "opinion". Sounds like the typical anti-choice talk.
Sounds more to me like the stance of the anti-life sector. Continue on with your mental gymnastics in trying to somehow prove to yourselves that a child in the womb is not really a life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2011, 06:11 PM
 
9,762 posts, read 7,098,404 times
Reputation: 6073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Utter nonsense. Life is life. Your argument is akin to saying someone who requires medical intervention to survive is not really alive. It's also similar to stating that, since a child up to about age 14 or so cannot survive outside his parents' home, then he's not really alive either. He's dependent on his parents.
Go stew for awhile. There's no point in arguing with an ideologue like yourself.
you want to dismiss me because you can't debate like an adult? a teenager or a one day old baby can survive with "anyone" willing to take care of it. it is no longer dependent on a womb. is your preference to force woman to remain pregnant against their will. if a married woman who is done having children and is on BC, and it fails you would make her take on the responsibility of another child financially and emotionally for 18 plus years? you gonna help her with the medical bills and offer to baby sit? why should you or anyone else be able to tell a woman you don't even know that she should have a baby she doesn't want or need
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2011, 06:13 PM
 
3,436 posts, read 1,355,899 times
Reputation: 1781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
How about actually debating some of the items I mentioned? You can't do that, so you try to find something else you think is a good straw man argument.
Yeah, and the Supreme Court has never gotten anything wrong before, has it? If you want to mention condescension, then you may want to attend a "pro-choice" rally. You'll get plenty of it there if you disagree with them.
I don't get your objection to "scientific terms". What didn't you understand? It's not like I was discussing the electron transport chain in mitochondria or something.
Lastly, I'm not out to convert anyone. Go ahead and wallow in ignorance due to fear of facing the truth. I really don't care.
If this is the way that you approach people, I can see why they would speak to you a certain way. If you don't understand what I said, you can go back and read my last post until you get it. I already told you, I am not here to debate abortion and wheter its right or wrong. My post is about the law.

I've taken many biology classes and I'm far from ignorant. Perhaps you have some type of comprehension issue because I never stated nor implied that I have an objection to scientific terms or that I don't understand the human reproductive process. No matter how many times you explain it, my opinion of this invasive and wasteful law that was created in an attempt to manipulate a woman's decision on whether or not to have an abortion will not change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2011, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Canada
2,111 posts, read 826,668 times
Reputation: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you want to dismiss me because you can't debate like an adult? a teenager or a one day old baby can survive with "anyone" willing to take care of it. it is no longer dependent on a womb. is your preference to force woman to remain pregnant against their will. if a married woman who is done having children and is on BC, and it fails you would make her take on the responsibility of another child financially and emotionally for 18 plus years? you gonna help her with the medical bills and offer to baby sit? why should you or anyone else be able to tell a woman you don't even know that she should have a baby she doesn't want or need
I tend to believe you're only skimming what I type here. You just don't get it. You likely never will because you're an ideologue. Go rant and rave to someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2011, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, TX
9,400 posts, read 7,998,311 times
Reputation: 6070
Would you rather have a 16 year old girl abort a month-old fetus, or have her carry it to term, drop out of high school and live off the government teat for the rest of her life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2011, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Canada
2,111 posts, read 826,668 times
Reputation: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
If this is the way that you approach people, I can see why they would speak to you a certain way. If you don't understand what I said, you can go back and read my last post until you get it. I already told you, I am not here to debate abortion and wheter its right or wrong. My post is about the law.

I've taken many biology classes and I'm far from ignorant. Perhaps you have some type of comprehension issue because I never stated nor implied that I have an objection to scientific terms or that I don't understand the human reproductive process. No matter how many times you explain it, my opinion of this invasive and wasteful law that was created in an attempt to manipulate a woman's decision on whether or not to have an abortion will not change.
All I see is more hot air. You go off on tangents, slightly change what your argument is, and fill your posts with rhetoric. I'm not interested anymore, since it's a waste of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top