U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 05:17 PM

3,438 posts, read 2,412,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Yeah because we should all be forced to support a woman's "right" to open her legs and be irresponsible, right? Also, have you ever heard of adoption?
I'd like to have a loud and obnoxious sector of the population screaming and yelling that I should be able to kill someone and have it only be between myself and my doctor.
How many crack babies have you adopted lately?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 05:18 PM

760 posts, read 560,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Would you rather have a 16 year old girl abort a month-old fetus, or have her carry it to term, drop out of high school and live off the government teat for the rest of her life?
Oh they stop caring after the baby is all done and cooked up. Fetalists.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:19 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,598,434 times
Quote:
Would you rather have a 16 year old girl abort a month-old fetus, or have her carry it to term, drop out of high school and live off the government teat for the rest of her life?
You call yourself a libertarian? It's not the government's responsibility. She made her bed and can lie in it. It's her responsibility and no one else's. She shouldn't be allowed to murder a life for her own convenience. But then again, I suppose she got pregnant through no fault of her own, right? With that, I'm done. You can't debate people who are so ideologically beholden to their own convenient and comfort-making beliefs. All that comes out of it is twisting and distortion.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:20 PM

760 posts, read 560,970 times
Quote:
It's her BUSINESS and no one else's.
Fixed it for ya

Old 05-20-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
All I see is more hot air. You go off on tangents, slightly change what your argument is, and fill your posts with rhetoric. I'm not interested anymore, since it's a waste of time.
You never were interested in doing anything other than stating your opinion over and over again, calling it a fact and calling anyone who disagrees with you ignorant murderers. Good riddance to you and your holier than thou attitude. Be sure to adopt a few crack babies while fighting for the rights of zygotes and embrios!

Old 05-20-2011, 05:24 PM

13,474 posts, read 13,672,407 times
Quote:
You call yourself a libertarian? It's not the government's responsibility. She made her bed and can lie in it. It's her responsibility and no one else's. She shouldn't be allowed to murder a life for her own convenience. But then again, I suppose she got pregnant through no fault of her own, right? With that, I'm done. You can't debate people who are so ideologically beholden to their own convenient and comfort-making beliefs. All that comes out of it is twisting and distortion.

yeah we want people like this to be parents. they make the best most caring of role models. you leave the thread on your own closed mind

Old 05-20-2011, 05:25 PM

9,397 posts, read 13,027,551 times
Quote:
First off, as I said in my first post on this thread, I have an internal debate over what constitutes life. I most certainly consider anything past the first trimester to be life, but before that I am not so sure.

Secondly, believe it or not that does happen. Rape being one common source of unwanted pregnancies, contraceptive failure being another.

Thirdly, where did I say it's the government's responsibility? What if she goes to a private hospital and uses her own insurance? Where's government coming in to play there?

This is a pretty good read, it's pro-choice but it still hasn't fully swayed me.

Judith Jarvis Thomson: A Defense of Abortion

Old 05-20-2011, 05:27 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,108,529 times
Fellow Texans, do yourealize that while The Wizard of Goodhair is behind the curtain mesmerizing us with this topic, our right to sue for negligence is being gutted by him and our government? I work in education and know a lot of people that moved here for opportunity. Between these legislative gems and other decisions thus far, these same people are wondering why they moved here.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Fellow Texans, do yourealize that while The Wizard of Goodhair is behind the curtain mesmerizing us with this topic, our right to sue for negligence is being gutted by him and our government? I work in education and know a lot of people that moved here for opportunity. Between these legislative gems and other decisions thus far, these same people are wondering why they moved here.

As a native Bostonian who lived in San Diego for 10 years, I guess I fall into this category. I am sure some Texans would love to see some of us gone, but apparently they are doing things the way they've been doing them here for quite some time. I planned to leave when I retired or at least until my children graduate high school but I am having second thoughts. Not simply because of this law but because there is not enough balance here.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:41 PM

86,101 posts, read 68,588,359 times
Quote:
They are going to get their abortions regardless. Don't fool yourself or pity them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or