Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 02:21 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,334,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
Our fate will be the same as Israel. She is little Satan and we are Big Satan. No president will change that in the eyes of the Arab world. The lone democracy in the region, the lone genuine ally (not just the leaders but the actual people as well) and a strong military makes it a no-brainer to support Israel. Its not like they don't defend themselves and handle there own business, its the fact that the world wont allow them to via the UN. Israel has many enemies and for what? Existing? Practicing their faith? For not submitting to radical Islam? The decade long war against terror the US has engaged in has put America and Israel in the same boat because Israel has been fighting terror since its existence. No one knows terror like the Jewish people and they wont forget so the peace talks are over until there is a new US president.
Um, no.

To be a Jew, you have to accept the religion of Judaism. It has nothing to do with a "state." In fact, Judaism doesn't even have the "concept" of a state!

So, if you are a Jew, you ought to follow the Jewish traditions. What traditions? They begin with Moses on the Mount Sinai, and the 10 commandments.
What are the commandments?
Thou shalt not kill (including Palestinians).
Thou shalt not steal (including houses).
Thou shalt not lie.
Thou shalt not covet your neighbor's property.

Zionists use the religion of Judaism as a pretext in order to push their plans for nationalism. They are not interested in Judaism. Therefore, they are not true Jews. Terrorism was started by Zionists, who used mail bombs against England in order to get them out of the territory.
Nowadays, Israel has white phosphorus, tanks, even nuclear missiles.

The tables have turned, my friend. We're not in 1945 anymore.

Peace,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 02:32 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,429,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I'm not trying to be facetious, I'd like to hear some real answers. I know we give them a generous amount of aid, but what do we get in return?
Enemies. Possibly nuclear-armed ones, especially if Pakistan tips the wrong way (more than they already have).

That's what we get in return. **** Israel.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:39 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,781,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
While radical Islam has been busy blowing up people, Israel's people on the other hand, have been contributing greatly to the fields of science, technology, and medicine for all the people of the world. Quite a stark contrast.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:40 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,398,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
While radical Islam has been busy blowing up people, Israel's people on the other hand, have been contributing greatly to the fields of science, technology, and medicine for all the people of the world. Quite a stark contrast.
Agreed. But they can do it without our money.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,135,235 times
Quote:
I'm not trying to be facetious, I'd like to hear some real answers. I know we give them a generous amount of aid, but what do we get in return? They sure haven't put any boots on the ground in Iraq or Afghanistan. And apparently they've been doing some technology/defense dealings with China.

Concrete examples preferred.
They have also suggested improvements in our weapons systems that they have used in combat. That could come in handy some day. They have kept all those Muslim states at bay for a very long time and now they are keeping Iran off our backs since our President doesn't seem to be able to. I think that thinking the Israelis have atomic weapons could be holding them back.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
They have also suggested improvements in our weapons systems that they have used in combat. That could come in handy some day. They have kept all those Muslim states at bay for a very long time and now they are keeping Iran off our backs since our President doesn't seem to be able to. I think that thinking the Israelis have atomic weapons could be holding them back.
1. How many Muslim states would be our enemies apart from our "special relationship" with Israel? How many did we have before 1948?

2. Everyone has known since the '70s that Israel is nuclear armed. The real question lies elsewhere. Why hasn't anything done anything but yap and yap about Iran yet? I think it's pretty damn clear they bought some nukes off the shelf, either from North Korea or Pakistan or A.Q. Khan.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
1. How many Muslim states would be our enemies without our "special relationship" with Israel?

2. Everyone has known since the '70s that Israel is nuclear armed. The real question lies elsewhere. Why hasn't anything done anything but yap and yap about Iran yet? I think it's pretty damn clear they bought some nukes off the shelf, either from North Korea or Pakistan or A.Q. Khan.
I hadn't thought about that concerning Iran. Maybe that is the way they are trying to give the appearance of trying to make their own.

I don't really know how many Muslim states would not be our enemies but I keep thinking about them talking about the Great Satan and the Lesser Satan and think that they will certainly try to do something to the Great one once they have dispelled the Lesser one.

How many of those states have we given money to right along without them really being for us?

Old 05-21-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I hadn't thought about that concerning Iran. Maybe that is the way they are trying to give the appearance of trying to make their own.

I don't really know how many Muslim states would not be our enemies but I keep thinking about them talking about the Great Satan and the Lesser Satan and think that they will certainly try to do something to the Great one once they have dispelled the Lesser one.
Again, this misses the point. How much talk about the Great Satan was there before 1948?

Quote:
How many of those states have we given money to right along without them really being for us?
Plenty. But of course, Republicans have had as much of a warm fuzzy for Pakistan and Saudi Arabia--and even the proto-Taliban mujaheddin--and Qatar, and the UAE, as Democrats have for any Muslims anywhere else.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHALOM YA'ALL View Post
I think that they contribute in military tacticals.. for sure in medical advances.. I read an article the other day about a machine that they have created that can actually smell disease.. specifically cancers.
I think that the question that you are asking, however is a bit rediculous. What have we done for them? What have we really done for Iraq? I think that it is only right to stand with a country that desires peace and democrocy. The countries surrounding tiny Israel are absolutely not for thier people, they are a dictatorship..
These people have a history of struggle, and millions of them have been murdered in the Holocaust.. well yes we are dealing with them today- but we cannot forget our past otherswise we will repeat it in our future. They need a place to be, to survive and thrive. No one wanted that land in the first place, why else would the UN give it to them? think about it. Did you know there were pools of maleria? It was inhabitable.. and now it truely is a land of milk and honey. And the people are genuinely nice. Thats my two bits.
They have corraled the available water and have really produced much more food than the Muslims who were there before them managed to do in that desert.

They have had many Americans move in recently and it is because of things like you mentioned along with young ones who want to serve in their military.

In watching Glenn Beck yesterday I heard a rabbi who had been with Beck recently when he was there. That man talked a lot about how much they respect us and Christianity and how much they really believe that we are so much alike and how Muslims won't accept either group.

Once the Muslim nations deal with Israel I believe they will be after us next and we have too many people who really believe it has nothing to do with anything other than the way we have supported Israel.

Beck mentioned the fact that when he went into Jerusalem's Christian and Jewish churches he was surprised to see all the Arabic messages that had been written on the walls when Christians and Jews weren't allowed into the city. He was amazed at how the mosques in the city hadn't been messed with and were being maintained. I don't see so much there that is caused by us supporting them.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:13 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,423,191 times
Quote:
I'm not trying to be facetious, I'd like to hear some real answers. I know we give them a generous amount of aid, but what do we get in return? They sure haven't put any boots on the ground in Iraq or Afghanistan. And apparently they've been doing some technology/defense dealings with China.
Concrete examples preferred.
1) Depends how you define "done for us"...

2) What has Pakistan, Egypt, Jordan, etc. "done for us"?

3) Financial aid is also given to the Palestinian Authority. What had they "done for us"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies