Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 11:45 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,345,262 times

Advertisements

No ID = no voting. There should also be a qualifying test like if you don't know who is running you can't vote. Proper ID doesn't equal a qualified voter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 11:52 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,170,654 times
If I recall correctly the OP has posted a similar thread to this, a few months back.
I think OP is seriously overreacting and needs to find better things to worry about that needing an ID to vote, as nobody I'm aware of has ever NOT had a driver's license or state issued ID.. those things are pretty much necessary for modern American life and have been for a while.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:57 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,966,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so you voted without identifying yourself in anyway......and you wonder why we need a photo id

did you vote in the correct district???

sorry, but too much fraud has happened , we NEED to have ID, we need a national standard
Thats real cute are you 10 yrs. old, why did you feel the need to type something like that?

I'm wondering why the states feel the need to do this now.

Why not years ago after terrorism, illegals etc.

That REAL ID law goes into effect 2013, so why is this issue being pushed by the states now?

If this is going to be a national standard in 2013 then once and for all they should put your voter registration #'s on your drivers license, or state issued ID, if you move pay for the update, from most of the posts here everyone should be fine with that. If that would be done it would make sense, they could always hide your party on the card with the new technology.

Does that make sense? makes it easier on everyone.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
If I recall correctly the OP has posted a similar thread to this, a few months back.
I think OP is seriously overreacting and needs to find better things to worry about that needing an ID to vote, as nobody I'm aware of has ever NOT had a driver's license or state issued ID.. those things are pretty much necessary for modern American life and have been for a while.
I did post it awhile back and it is coming to light now with the states.

Modern American life.......not for the people over 70-80-90 they do not all adapt themselves to modern technology and should not be forced to.

If you are not aware of anyone not having a DL or state issued ID you are only fooling yourself.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:12 AM

This is a State issued ID card for people without a drivers license.

You need to go to the DMV to get one.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,906,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What part of perhaps don't you understand?
You have been required to show ID since 2001
Required ID for Opening a Bank Account | eHow.com

[LEFT]The 2001, U.S.A. Patriot Act established guidelines for acceptable forms of ID. People unwilling or unable to provide financial institutions with appropriate forms of ID are ineligible to open accounts.
[/LEFT]

Old 05-23-2011, 06:48 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,401,031 times
The end justifies the means!

Voter fraud is the means, to get were, the minority rules.

Those that vote, do not decide elections. It is those that count the votes, that determines the winner... Karl Marx.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:02 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,594,003 times
In order to vote in New Hampshire I have to show the Registrar of Voters, or their representative, that I am who I claim to be, by presenting a picture ID or a witness, and confirm my address as well as announce my name out loud. Any of these claims may be challenged by any other citizen at the polling place.

Anyone walking in off the street and claiming they were John Smith from 101 Maple Street without being able to prove it would not be allowed to vote.

I believe this is the best way of preventing voter fraud.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:16 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,107,242 times
Just FYI, since everyone keeps yelling about needing an ID to fly - you don't. You'll go through more security, but you'll still get on a plane. My BIL flew here last week without one.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:25 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,412,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Not in every state.

It's funny, it's the cons who are so opposed to any kind of national ID card, yet so quick to jump on this picture ID for voting issue. When you sign a voter regisitration form, you declare, under penalty of perjury, that the information you have provided is correct.
Oh boy, are you purposely being dense to squeeze this issue into your agenda box? When you register to vote you have to show your PHOTO ID in MOST places. That is step 1. Just becuase you are registered does NOT mean it is YOU that is showing up at the polls to vote. Why is it that Liberals and Progressives like to try and deny that voter registration fraud is the first step in actual voter fraud and not showing ID is how they do it? Why???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies