Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 12:57 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,967,049 times

Advertisements

This does affect our seniors as well as plenty of US citizens, not everyone has a drivers license or state issued ID card, what is everyone supposed to do? run out and buy an ID card, all the seniors that don't have them, this is just some more trouble the GOP is causing, they clearly don't want people to vote, this concerns all voters no matter what party. So anyone out there I'd let your parents know and children who can vote to go get a state issued ID card to vote, I'm all for proving citizenship, it isn't just about the illegals. I wrote this in the past, now down the road your parents will not be able to vote unless they have the state issued ID card.
again & again

Voting rights advocates note that there are large numbers of people who do not have the state-issued photo ID the bill requires. According to a recent University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee study, those without state-issued photo ID who would need to obtain one under the new Voter ID bill include:
* 23 percent of Wisconsinites over the age of 65.
* 17 percent of white men and women.
* 55 percent of African American males and 49 percent of African American women.
* 46 percent of Hispanic men and 53 percent of Hispanic women.
* 78 percent of African American males age 18-24 and 66 percent of African American women age 18-24.

What would this add up to with the whole country?

Rachel Maddow Show

Rachel Maddow Show

Wisconsin voter ID bill slammed as vote suppression » peoplesworld

http://fairelectionsnetwork.blogspot.com/2011/05/weekly-voter-id-update-wi-fl-rachel.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 01:11 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,395,092 times
uhm

and when you walk into the voter area..how are they supposed to know WHO you are, and WHAT district you belong to..with out a id???

why wouldnt you have a picture id...they are FREE at you local DMV

why wouldnt you have a picture id????..they are REQUIRED for air travel......they are required for alchohol and cigarette purchaces.......even to get a library card you must show a picture id and proof of residency that you live in that libraries district

this is a fine example of how liberals commit voter FRAUD...

as they say vote early, and vote as often as you can, in as may districts as you can

Last edited by workingclasshero; 05-21-2011 at 01:22 AM..

Old 05-21-2011, 01:18 AM

15,083 posts, read 20,418,666 times
Prepare to show an ID or go home.

[simple]

Old 05-21-2011, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm

and when you walk into the voter area..how are they supposed to know WHO you are, and WHAT district you belong to..with out a id???

why wouldnt you have a picture id...they are FREE at you local DMV

why wouldnt you have a picture id????..they are REQUIRED for air travel......they are required for alchohol and cigarette purchaces.......even to get a library card you must show a picture id and proof of residency that you live in that libraries district

as they say vote early, and vote as often as you can, in as may districts as you can
Alot of seniors do not have state issued ID cards, do you think all of the seniors have state ID cards, are they really freely issued now? I think my mother has to pay every 4 yrs or so.

What if you don't smoke or drink alcohol? I don't think our seniors have the intent to commit fraud, I can just see it now, political parties driving our millions of seniors to the DMV to get their ID cards

Old 05-21-2011, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Prepare to show an ID or go home.

[simple]
Tell that to our seniors who built this country.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:39 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,133,152 times
I notice that you didn't mention the primary group of people that would be inconvenienced: illegal aliens.

I am a "senior" and I don't mind proving that I am eligible to vote. No one should.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:41 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,599,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Give us an example of a race in recent history that was swung by liberal voter fraud. I don't know of any. You can speculate, but anybody can do that. It doesn't prove anything.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:42 AM

15,083 posts, read 20,418,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Tell that to our seniors who built this country.
I will.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I notice that you didn't mention the primary group of people that would be inconvenienced: illegal aliens.

I am a "senior" and I don't mind proving that I am eligible to vote. No one should.
Nobody would mind proving it, most seniors over 65+ do not have ID cards if they do not drive, no, illegals were not mentioned in that post from the link provided, if I would have mentioned illegals people would assume I was for illegals votings which I am not.
We can thank the employers who hire them for that.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:47 AM

7,971 posts, read 7,317,665 times
55 percent of African American males and 49 percent of African American women.
* 46 percent of Hispanic men and 53 percent of Hispanic women.
* 78 percent of African American males age 18-24 and 66 percent of African American women age 18-24.

How do they figure these folks are going to vote? Democrat or Republican?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies