Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 04:31 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,488,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I rest my case.

Did I not say that when you give these government-can-do-no-wrong authoritarians evidence of thousands of cases of government abuse...they just write it off because it didn't happen to them personally?

I'm not wasting my time anymore.
You never had a case. Linking to a 2005 report about the FBI not correctly implementing a process has NOTHING to do with the patriot act and you know it. That's like attacking Iraq when you were attacked by a terror network based in Afghanistan.

If that 2005 report makes you feel all fuzzy, that's cool but that FACT still remains that you, nor I have lost nothing as a result of the Patriot Act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 04:32 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,926,434 times
He keeps back tracking....first he claimed only 1 case of the Patriot Act being abused.

Now the IG's own research reports 3000 telephone numbers accessed illegally

http://photos1.blogger.com/photoInclude/x/blogger/1794/1771/1600/411567/nsl1.jpg (broken link)
http://photos1.blogger.com/photoInclude/x/blogger/1794/1771/1600/776415/nsl2.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-23-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
He keeps back tracking....first he claimed only 1 case of the Patriot Act being abused.

Now the IG reports 3000 telephone numbers accessed illegally

http://photos1.blogger.com/photoInclude/x/blogger/1794/1771/1600/411567/nsl1.jpg (broken link)
I'll repeat, you are the most dishonest poster on this board. "Now" was 6 years ago and the mishap was due to the FBI not properly implementing the freaking Patriot Act. Again, who lost what, who's numbers were they, what adversely happened to a citizen? Where are they? Where are the law suits? Please stop twisting this old story about the FBI into the Patriot Act taking something from you..

THERE REMAINS ONE DOCUMENTED CASE OF SOMEONE BEING ADVERSELY EFFECTED.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:36 PM

299 posts, read 638,840 times
Quote:
I'm a fairly liberal guy but I've never understood all the whinnig about the patriot act. I've never heard of anyone having any negative personal experiences as a direct result of the patriot act. Has anybody? If you're doing nothing wrong it appears that you'll be just fine which is true for about 99% of the population. It's been in effect for several years and I hear so many complain about it but nobody that's actually been effected by it. It sort of goes hand and hand with airport body scanners and/or pat downs. THe extra 1-2 minutes it takes me to take my shoes and belt off has never caused me any trauma but I hear so many whine incessantly about it. Well, that's until something goes BOOM..Anyway, just my thoughts, flame away at your leisure.
“Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely.â€

Just as another poster stated, You give them a finger, and they'll take your whole arm, thanks to silly knee-jerk responses.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:37 PM

Another quote from the IG report.

The FBI was actually just lying on these NSA letters, making things up, to get access to citizens records

http://photos1.blogger.com/photoInclude/x/blogger/1794/1771/1600/186612/nsl3.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-23-2011, 04:38 PM

2,471 posts, read 3,998,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
LOL..Do a quick search of my post since I joined this board..I find it hilarious so many liberals can't believe a liberal doesn't walk in blind lockstep. Sitting on this side of the fence on this one issue has shown me a side of liberals that I really didn't expect. Maybe we are as bad as conservatives about some issues. It's really sad actually.
how old are you? i just can't believe someone is so naive.

don't get it twisted. there are a lot of questions that don't have easy answers whilst talking politics and many people even those who generally agree on most things will find many things to disagree about.

but a program that encourages racial discrimination is not generally one of them. but whatever, you can believe what you want.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I'll repeat, you are the most dishonest poster on this board. "Now" was 6 years ago and the mishap was due to the FBI not properly implementing the freaking Patriot Act. Again, who lost what, who's numbers were they, what adversely happened to a citizen? Where are they? Where are the law suits? Please stop twisting this old story about the FBI into the Patriot Act taking something from you..

THERE REMAINS ONE DOCUMENTED CASE OF SOMEONE BEING ADVERSELY EFFECTED.
Where are the lawsuits? The government claims "state secrets" ...to have the lawsuits thrown out. The merits of the claims are never heard. It never gets to the point that citizens can present their case.

It's painfully apparent you know nothing about this issue.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
how old are you? i just can't believe someone is so naive.

don't get it twisted. there are a lot of questions that don't have easy answers whilst talking politics and many people even those who generally agree on most things will find many things to disagree about.

but a program that encourages racial discrimination is not generally one of them. but whatever, you can believe what you want.
LOL, I'm far from naive and not very young.

What encourages racial discrimination? WTF are you talking about? The Patriot Act has nothing to do with race. What EVIDENCE do you have to support that claim? You call me naive then throw that junk out there, please.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Where are the lawsuits? The government claims "state secrets" ...to have the lawsuits thrown out. The merits of the claims are never heard. It never gets to the point that citizens can present their case.

It's painfully apparent you know nothing about this issue.
You know nothing about nothing because there's nothing to know. You just make up whatever it is to suit your belief. The FBI utilizing the wrong procedure to issue NSLs in 2005 has nothing to do with the Patriot Act. That's just the fact of the matter and you know it. The IG did it's job and you haven't heard a peep in 6 years. You can call that authoritarian, I call it, working.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:48 PM

2,471 posts, read 3,998,907 times
Quote:
LOL, I'm far from naive and not very young.

What encourages racial discrimination? WTF are you talking about? The Patriot Act has nothing to do with race. What EVIDENCE do you have to support that claim? You call me naive then throw that junk out there, please.
i really don't understand where you're coming from. the patriot act has nothing to do with race? really?

i'm pretty sure others have already posted links. me posting more likely won't change things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies