Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 09:53 AM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The GOP didn't make the promises of "creating jobs". The Dems and Obama did for the past 2 years no less.
Remember that "laser like focus" on creating jobs ? Remember the stimulus for creating jobs ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 10:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The numbers in this story have to be scary to the Obama campaign when they really get started going. It seems that these kids who were really important to the Obama election are getting a bit fed up with what he has left them with.

Obama Re-election | College Grads | Elections 2012 | The Daily Caller
oh, I thought we were told to accept the youth vote is Obamas?.

Nita

Old 05-23-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Kids? The survey pool of 500 covered people from 22 to 28 years of age.

Roy - you're showing your age!
not many I agree, but it is a start and does show a trend. I am one that doesn't put much into polls I will say. This does show thought, that all the crap we keeping hearing about the youth vote will continue to be Obamas might not be true.

Nita

Old 05-23-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
According to the article, college grads are most interested in jobs. But the GOP hasn't done anything to improve the job picture while believing that raising interest rates and slashing government spending in the face of mass unemployment will somehow make things better instead of worse.

I have no idea why the GOP looks like a viable choice for those that seek jobs. I suspect that their view will change closer to election day. BTW, this demographic typically doesn't vote anyway.
What the heck would you expect them to do? The have controlled the house for a whopping 4 months, they do not control the senate and it seems everytime anything is suggested that goes against your God, the Pres he lets it be known he will veto it...HELLO!!!

Amazing, it was all Bush's fault we had such a recession, but now it is the Republicans fault there are not enough jobs. Can you explain this to us?

Old 05-23-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Tell someone who just had their town destroyed by the Missouri Tornado that "the government is the problem and not the solution," and they should send back FEMA rescue workers and emergency aid.

Tell people shopping in the meat department of your local supermarket that we don't need any government inspectors because "the government is the problem and not the solution."

Tell business people boarding an airliner that we don't need air traffic controllers because "the government is the problem and not the solution."

The government that 'was the problem and not the solution' built the interstate highway system and the canals that get goods to market and were needed to build the nation into an industrial power.

The government that 'was the problem and not the solution' electrified most of the farm belt that had no private utilities interested in providing electrical power to this region.

Regarding the debt burden, following World War II, the U.S. debt burden was far higher than today and yet the nation thrived, people had jobs and lived happy lives -- all with a top income tax-rate of 90% that paid off the WWII debt.

"The government is the problem and not the solution" is a simplistic meme.
To use the victims of the tornado last night as am example is totally off base, the same with the rest of your cockeyed post. No one has ever said we do not need the federal government or government period. To use the post WW2 as an example of the thriving economy shows how uninformed you are or how shallow might be a better word: After WW2 the country was thriving on home building which was on hold for 4 years, as well as the car industry, and the baby boom generation brought the need for more schools, more teachers, better shopping facilities and better transportation for starters. Of course the country was happy and prosperous. As for 90% income tax rate, I don't know about that, but it certainly didn't affect many Amrericans plus there were many more tax deductions than we have today. I grew up in that generation, did you?

Nita

Old 05-23-2011, 11:06 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Kids? The survey pool of 500 covered people from 22 to 28 years of age.

Roy - you're showing your age!
According to OCARE they can stay on daddy's or mommy's HC plan till age 26 the new age definition of kids....18 is the age where they should get off the T I T !!!

Old 05-23-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Remember what the GOP rode into the 2010 elections with?

"Jobs, jobs, jobs!"
I thought they were elected to try and solve the deficit problems which in return should help the job market, where did I get that idea or better yet, where did you get your idea?

Nita

Old 05-23-2011, 11:15 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Let see just the other day the righties here were saying college age kids do not care about politics and were not important as a voting group and now they think the young voters are going to get them a win in 2012.
Clue: the right has no one that can beat the President in his bid for another four years, so get used to the idea of President Obama until 2016. Enjoy
Casper

Old 05-23-2011, 11:20 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,554,237 times
Yes, and these grads can't find jobs so they have to stay with Mom and Pop! Many people were hoodwinked.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:13 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
How is the post misguided?

The same folks crying about the government's "intrusion" in their lives about regulation, etc. will be the same people crying about the government's failure to protect the nation's citizens... I'm sure if your home was wiped out by a natural disaster, you'd be looking around for FEMA, EPA, Army Corps of Engineers, etc. Or if that plane fell out the sky and into a building you'd wonder how some joker got through TSA with explosives...

You people kill me!!!

It's time for you to make up your feeble minds. You want to bash the government (specifically the President) about why more jobs, services, etc. haven't been created, yet you complain about big government and spending. You want services and protection for both individuals and businesses, but don't want to pay for them. And you complain about a "welfare state"--it sounds like all the right wants is a welfare state
Oh please..... When there were terrible floods a couple of years back in the Dakotas, the people there took care of it themselves. It IS possible for people to take care of themselves you know. Those peole who lost their homes from the Tornado will be ok if they had insurance, if they didn't, sucks to be them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies