Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 06:27 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanLeader View Post
I don't have a fear of gays but I don't want kids to be taught that it is normal. I think most gays know this.

Years ago it was not politically incorrect to to say that there is something wrong with two men having sex with each other. Two men are not going to produce a child. I don't see how anyone in their right mind can not see and admit the logic that there is something unnatural about it.
So? Just because two men having sex with each other can't produce a child doesn't mean it's unnatural for some men to be homosexual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 06:31 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
I don't have a fear of gays but I don't want kids to be taught that it is normal. I think most gays know this.

Years ago it was not politically incorrect to to say that there is something wrong with two men having sex with each other. Two men are not going to produce a child. I don't see how anyone in their right mind can not see and admit the logic that there is something unnatural about it.
They know nobody is afraid of them or buys into the hype and that is why they go after the children, if they can brainwash children they are normal then they have a foot in the door, i'm glad my Son is grown.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:36 PM

204 posts, read 201,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And I thought all the practitioners of deliberate ignorance posted their ignorance solely in the christianity threads.
To whom were you referring?

Old 05-26-2011, 06:59 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
My goodness. Some people are so small-minded. I'm sorry you're unable to understand that sexuality comes in many flavors, and as long as it's consensual adults who are doing it and no one's getting hurt, there's nothing wrong with it.

Mind your own business, and stop being so judgemental.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:35 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
O

I am heterosexual. My wife is heterosexual. Our children are heterosexual. That is learned behaviour.
Questions?
So what about children that grew up in homosexual households? Why aren't they all homosexual? In fact, how about people like me that never truly knew anyone that was homosexual until after the fact?

If it indeed is learned than why do those anomalies exist (homosexuals arising from heterosexual and vice versa)?

It's not a learned behavior, that's why...

Old 05-27-2011, 05:20 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couldabeenacontender View Post
"Honest research" .... that's almost laughable.

It's funny how only a mere 25 years ago, when the overwhelmingly vast majority of "scientific research" pointed towards gayness as being a "learned trait" that happened after birth, or some other type of mental illness .... that all of the gays were crying "foul" and refused to listen to any of it.

Now, that the politically correct 'winds of change' have blown a few "pro gay-born" bogus studies their way ... they've all become "born again believers" in all this (cough) scientific research.

The truth is, if you look into all of this "new honest research" and pull away the curtain, you'll find it's mainly been approved, conducted (or funded) by some group with ties to the gay community ... or some other extremely liberal think-tank.

For decades all we heard was, "There's a gay gene!" and "I'm sure of it!" Well, now that that little myth was proven completely incorrect (by scientific research), they're grasping at a bunch of new straws, like; "It's probably multiple genetic markers and the way they interact with each other" or other genetic theories that conveniently can't be proven quite yet.

It's also funny how all the "born gay" debaters always choose to leave out the fact that even the most cutting edge genetic research being conducted nowadays almost always concludes that "other outside factors" (besides pure genetics) are more than likely involved in why people are gay.

So the only honest, logical conclusion that scientists have come up with so far ... is that it may be a combination of outside influences along with some type of genetic dysfunction.

Which by the way, is pretty much the same definition we use to describe other metal illnesses and diseases.

So the real question should be .. Why is it so politically incorrect to call a spade a spade ... and hope that someday they'll discover a cure for the gay affliction?
I lost count of the number of strawman claims and misrepresentations after the first paragraph.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsylvanian1 View Post
Up to chance? Unlikely, at least not according to statistical data.

It's not the fault of those practicing homosexuality, that reports are not part of the mainstream media news content, (not that fault was ever implied). There is most certainly a link between child abuse and the sexual orientation of adults. One reason for the lack of reporting is largely due to the fact that this would potentially undermine the American Psychiatric Assoc. determination in 73'.

The association was seemingly preoccupied with the condition of the 'adult' homosexual as opposed to considering the causative factors stemming from childhood. They perhaps, did not anticipate how aggressively proponents of homosexuality would seek political, and media support, in creating the illusion of complete societal acceptance, which in turn, would cause many homosexuals never to question the origin of their sexuality. With the help of individuals appointed to office, such as Kevin Jennings, (who is soon to be leaving the Czar position, thank God), contributed to solidifying this illusion.

Those who are familiar with reports regarding this issue, are well aware of the alarming results:

In 1997 the Journal of the American Medical Assoc. found that on average 12.8% of women and 4.3% of men recalled having been sexually abused. These numbers of course would be higher when including those who have suppressed memories of abuse.

An analysis of 166 studies spanning the years 1985-97 found that 1 in 5 boys are sexually abused.

The J.A.M.A. also found that only 10-33% of sexually abused boys ever report the abuse. Additional findings indicated that abused adolescent males, particularly those victimized by males, were 7 times more likely to identify as gay or bisexual than adolescents who had not been abused.

In another study, involving adult women when they were between the ages of 10 months to 12yrs. , found that they had no recollection of the abuse during that period of time.

The organization known as NARTH reported a study produced by Dr. Gregory Dickson revealing that 49% of homosexuals surveyed, had admitted to having been molested, compared to 2% of the heterosexuals surveyed.

If these statistics seem unfamiliar, meaningless, or perhaps uninteresting, then, self serving politicians, gay activists, and lobbyists, have done their job in refocusing the public eye, by downplaying the significance of pertinent data such as this, and have succeeded in fixing everyone's attention on civil rights issues. They're hopes are, undoubtedly, that once everyone realizes what has happened, any efforts to counter their success will be too little, too late.
Please. NARTH? Citing NARTH about homosexuality is like citing the KKK about blacks. NARTH is a religious based "pray away the gay" fringe group who have never produced any scientifically based studies on homosexuality. All they do is misrepresent other studies. Easy to verify for anyone interested in honest research.

It must be incredibly frustrating for people like yourself to not be able to find any evidence to support your ill-informed prejudiced views from mainstream sources like the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Medical Association or any peer-reviewed published acedamic Journals.

Sad that you have to resort to searching out easily discredited, prejudiced, misrepresentative, unscientific nonsense from anti-gay religious fringe groups with an obvious anti-gay agenda.

Last edited by Ceist; 05-27-2011 at 06:34 AM..

Old 05-27-2011, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
I'm not your personal research assistant and I'm tired of arguing with the militant homosexuals on this forum (of which there are a great many). Look up Erikson and see how his work has been applied in sexual studies. As with all things psychological/sexual, you won't find proof like in mathematics but you will find facts and evidence to support reasonable conclusions. Of course, a closed mind will never accept new facts that contradict their world view.
If you think homosexuals are born that way then it also stands to reason that all sexual attractions are formed at birth (patently ridiculous). In an attraction to a particular hair color or race formed at birth? At attraction to children? An attraction to animals? You are putting homosexuality in to the same category as bestiality and pedophilia and you don’t even realize it. Homosexuals scream so loudly to be accepted and to convince everyone that they are born that way but what makes any other sexually deviant group any different? Nothing. Once you accept one non-heterosexual group you must accept them all because the same logic applies to all of them.
I don't need a research assistant thanks. I've researched this field for years now and have read hundreds of studies, articles, books etc from reputable peer-reviewed sources, and have known hundreds of gays and lesbians while facilitating support groups for people "coming out". Yet I have never come across anything that supports what you claim, and plenty that doesn't support it. But then again I don't go trying to find "information" on homosexuality on religious websites writtem by unqualified, unscientific, clearly prejudiced authors who wildly misrepresent actual studies or just make up crap on their own.

I've posted several times on these forums in response to your misunderstanding of Erikson and homosexuality. And backed it up.

Homosexuality is in the same category as heterosexuality. It is a sexual orientation as is bi-sexuality. Bestiality etc is a paraphilia, not s sexual orientation.

You show that you have no real understanding of sexual orientation or homosexuality, and have no interest in doing any honest research to understand it. Why is that? Your response just show that you have nothing to back up your ill-informed claims. As usual.

Last edited by Ceist; 05-27-2011 at 06:15 AM..

Old 05-27-2011, 05:44 AM

499 posts, read 405,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
I'm not your personal research assistant and I'm tired of arguing with the militant homosexuals on this forum (of which there are a great many). Look up Erikson and see how his work has been applied in sexual studies. As with all things psychological/sexual, you won't find proof like in mathematics but you will find facts and evidence to support reasonable conclusions. Of course, a closed mind will never accept new facts that contradict their world view.
If you think homosexuals are born that way then it also stands to reason that all sexual attractions are formed at birth (patently ridiculous). In an attraction to a particular hair color or race formed at birth? At attraction to children? An attraction to animals? You are putting homosexuality in to the same category as bestiality and pedophilia and you don’t even realize it. Homosexuals scream so loudly to be accepted and to convince everyone that they are born that way but what makes any other sexually deviant group any different? Nothing. Once you accept one non-heterosexual group you must accept them all because the same logic applies to all of them.
The examples you cited all describe facets of human sexual attraction.

Heterosexuality could be said to be just another example.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
O

I am heterosexual. My wife is heterosexual. Our children are heterosexual. That is learned behaviour.
Questions?
Are you serious? Do you realise the majority of gay people had heterosexual parents? And that the majority of children of gay and lesbian parents are heterosexual?

Sexual orientation is not a behavior. You, your wife and your children did not "learn" to be heterosexual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies