Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 04:05 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Britain and many other Once great European countries have turned into nations of Radical Islamofascist Quisling Sympathisers.

How that for a Savage-ism.
To many of us typical American radical conservatives such as Evangelists etc. are the same scum as Islamists. We don't want either of them over here. I guess many Americans have the odd idea that they are automatically welcome over here just because they are Americans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 04:05 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollymixture View Post
True. It is admirable.

Saying that, I am glad that we don't have to put up with Michael Savage's nonsense.

I don't know what country you live in but I don't listen to him either. However, that's my choice, not someone else's. However, if you are living in a country where his broadcasts are banned, could you get Michael Savage via the internet if you so chose?

Old 05-25-2011, 04:07 PM

499 posts, read 405,021 times
Quote:
How would you have to put up with anything? Turn off the damn radio if you dont like him for jimmanies christmas.
But this way our media can ignore him almost completely, so column inches aren't devoted to analysing what he says, therefore I don't have to read about him ever.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:09 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Apparently Brits are afraid of freedom of speech.

Britain reaffirms its ban on Michael Savage

"Why does the Cameron government protect Muslim terrorists and Muslim hate-preachers
who espouse the overthrow of the British government, democracy itself,
while banning Michael Savage from entering the land of their better forefathers?"
Because they value their Heinies and have backbone disappearance syndrome.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:11 PM

499 posts, read 405,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I don't know what country you live in but I don't listen to him either. However, that's my choice, not someone else's. However, if you are living in a country where his broadcasts are banned, could you get Michael Savage via the internet if you so chose?
I imagine we probably could.

Not sure if his broadcasts are banned actually, or if it's just him.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Of course there must be some limits to what one can freely say and what one cannot. Irresponsible speech can lead to chaos that causes great harm. No one argues that. It's when governments ban books because they are "politically incorrect", disallow news outlets and talk show hosts, deny people the right to voice certain politically incorrect ideas and other such suppression of free expression that I have a problem. All I can say is that I am glad to live in a country where I can do my own sorting of the wheat and the chaff and not have government bureaucrats making those decisions for me.
There are special councils composed of lots of members of every walk of life that decide what is OK and what not. It is not Merkel or the British prime minister who decide on that. I guess that is a very good way as it ensures there are not many limits while at the same time preventing social problems that arise from inappropriate statements. Sure, in the US you can sue someone, but then the genie is already out of the bottle and may have caused a lot of problems and anger, maybe even riots and deaths.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:15 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
why do you loathe the first amendment?
I don't loathe the 1st amendment which is why I am free to say what I said. Maybe its you repubs who don't like the first amendment when someone you idolise is slammed or banned in another country.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:15 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollymixture View Post
But this way our media can ignore him almost completely, so column inches aren't devoted to analysing what he says, therefore I don't have to read about him ever.
So you like living in a Fascist state? Because what you just described Dolly Dearest is what Hitler did to control his people. Control the message and you control the electorate. What don't you get about that mess of a government you have going on over there?

God really is going to have to save the Queen because Brits don't have a frigging backbone anymore.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
So you like living in a Fascist state? Because what you just described Dolly Dearest is what Hitler did to control his people. Control the message and you control the electorate. What don't you get about that mess of a government you have going on over there?

God really is going to have to save the Queen because Brits don't have a frigging backbone anymore.
To the contrary, they show they have a backbone by not accepting everything and everyone. They dare say no.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:22 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Quote:

Uniformed nonsense by someone who certainly does not know the UK and who has probably never been there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies