Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Forced integration
I'm a freedom loving conservative so I don't believe in forced integration. Seperate but equal. 28 51.85%
No, the government as a role to play in race relations. 26 48.15%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 04:11 PM

564 posts, read 892,319 times

Advertisements

Wooooooooweeeeeeeeee this thread is hott as a firecracker!! Looks like race-relations are doing just fine as normal...HeHeHeHe!!!

Old 09-07-2011, 04:24 PM

79 posts, read 199,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDallas View Post
FEAR = False Evidence Appearing Real. I am a white woman who was abused by a blond headed, blue eyed male and left. That does not make me think that all blond, blue eyed men are abusers. In turn it would be absurd to say that all black men are angry or unintelligent (as you seem to say in your post). I think that each person should be treated as an individual because there are some very intelligent people out there that bring a lot to the table. Discounting an individual because of the way the outwardly appear is wrong. How many people would have discounted Stephen Hawking based on his outward appearance? And, he is one of the geniuses of our time.
Like your acronym. I have one too. EDIAT = Equality and Diversity in All Things. Not as good as your's, I admit. Anyway, specify what evidence I've cited that is false. I didn't say all blacks abuse women. I didn't say all whites didn't abuse women. For instance, more white men rape white women each year than do blacks. (After all, there are a lot more whites to start with.) However, very few white men rape black women. (A handful, a few dozen at most.) 30,000 rapes against white women are committed by black men.

Why the disparity? Doesn't that indicate a problem? But you won't hear it discussed on the evening news.

Nor did I say appearance has anything to do with it. All of my evidence is based on actions, on actual behavior. Stuff that happened.

Also, there are lots of blacks who are smarter than most whites. And guess what, according to The Bell Curve's analysis, smart blacks do just as well or better than smart whites. But why do less intelligent blacks not do so well? White racism? Or their own lack of...whatever?

By the way, since you're in the Dallas area, I invite you to read the threads I started there in the Dallas forum: What Racial Integration and Diversity Did to Dallas Schools (this August) and Diversity Is Nothing to Be Proud Of (March). Just click my name and stats and find the thread.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:30 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Segregation is an assertion that one group is inferior to the other. I don't care what your issues with desegregation are, or how concerned you are about schools. A society that asserts that people are inferior to others because of race, religion, ethnicity or any other reason is a flawed and unjust society. Regardless of all the problems with desegregation, the importance of recognizing how bad segregation is outweighs them.

And I wasn't screaming. I was emphasizing.

Let me point out, YOU are the one praising Jim Crow laws. Laws that were designed to oppress a significant number of America's citizens. YOU are asserting that we, as a society, benefited from oppression, and suffered when we tried to remove that oppression.

And I don't care how many books or articles or studies you use to defend your assertion, because you are absolutely wrong. We are a better society for wanting to put an end to oppression, to avowing that all men are created equal, and for trying to teach children that the color of their skin is just that, pigmentation, and nothing else.
Well said.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:38 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Even when the Natives "owned" all the land, they were still a fairly diverse lot. Puritans, Methodists, Quackers, Catholics and later on Jews came here to escape religious persecution. New Jersey originally was settled by Swedes and the Dutch. Hispanics were living in the Southwest before an American ever set foot over there(note: I don't support the views that the Southwest rightfully belongs to Mexico or that Mexican nationals are entitled to live and work there). I can go on and on, and while I admit that the English Protestant culture was always the core culture of this nation, the concept that America was always some kind of homogeneous ethno-national wonderland is a delusional viewpoint.

BTW there is no such thing as forced immigration except if you are talking about people brought here against there will due to human trafficking. People immigrate here freely last time I checked, and everyone who comes here legally has the right to enjoy the freedom and opportunity that this country has to offer.
Not delusional. It was homogeneous - the settlers were Europeans.

Forced immigration - Amnesty. We had 3,000,000 by Reagan in 1986. Mariana Boat Lift from Cuba - forced immigration. 20,000,000 Illegals from Mexico and Central America, Hmong people fleeing China, Southeast Asians fleeing Cambodia/Vietnam in the 1970's, Koreans in the 1950's-60's and 70's. Iranians in 1979. All was forced immigration, into the United States because they were fleeing social/political unrest.

None of this has to do with people who apply to come to the USA legally, apply to enter - numbers based on a quota. Now it's rampant.

Because of FORCED immigration the USA is diverse. 50 years ago this nation was NOT as diverse as it is today. I detailed the reasons why above, all of which happened within the last 50 years.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:44 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
A preference for segregation is an assertion of inferiority in others. There is no reason to segregate unless there is a perceived benefit in segregation, and that belief is premised on superiority. You can rationalize it any way you want, like the bs about the Chinese you just spouted off. Because, you will note, you qualified it. "By those measures" is a qualification, and it's a qualification that states that those aren't the "measures" that are important to YOU. Self-segregation is about the "measures" that ARE important to you, which may be intangible and unquantifiable, but are still about your perception of white supremacy.

And I'm saying that you can fail to recognize that you harm yourself by believing that others are inferior to you because of race, ethnicity or whatever, but I can see the harm done. You de-humanize yourself by arguing for racial superiority. It's an artificial way to look at the world, we are all one race, the human race. Just as eye-color does not make anyone superior to anyone else, neither does skin color.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:00 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeaux View Post
I agree Jim Crow was riddled with petty cruelties, uneccessarily harsh rules, and gave the baser sort of white person an undeserved authority and prestige. But for all its imperfections, I believe it was a better solution to the problem of the presence in our society of 30 million plus blacks who are siginificantly different from whites intellectually and behaviourally. I do not believe it was deliberately "steeped in immorality and ignoble goals."

At least, under Jim Crow, we did not have an undeclared but very real black race war against whites. We didn't have 30,000 rapes of white women by blacks every year. We didn't have black flash mobs roaming through our cities beating up whites (and other ethnic groups as well). We did not have a black murder rate 7X the white rate.

However, I do not advocate a return to Jim Crow.

I am afraid blacks will always, to some extent, be wards of the state because of their intellectual and behavioural limitations.(I.e., an average IQ of 85 vs a white average of 100, and the violent behavior cited above.) We have already spent an enormous amount of money trying to "make blacks equal." The ones who can be equal have pretty much done it already.

I'm resigned to a large portion of my taxes going to support blacks. But I'm not going to sit by and let my own people be harmed in the process. I'm going to oppose affirmative action. I'm going to oppose mass non-white immigration. I'm going to support freedom of association for all people, including white people. If you want to associate with, marry, or otherwise be with blacks, fine. But those of us who don't want to, demand the same right to choose.

It's really not so complicated.

Woooooooooooooooooooooow,
So my brilliant clever post that calls this particular "member" out on his hipocrisy gets deleted yet he's still here spewing this drivel? Really? Sir your posts and rants have no footing in the realm of reality. Racism is bad for your health. I don't even know why this thread is still open. It is just another thread to stir up both sides yet it goes on unimpeded. Save for a few deleted posts.

But to try to "stay" on topic here. Jim Crow was bad and has always been bad and it is unequivocally worse than anything we currently have. This cannot be reasonably debated.
/thread.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:08 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,464,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Not delusional. It was homogeneous - the settlers were Europeans.
It is delusional, while they were mostly Europeons it was far from homogeneous or any kind of White ethno-national wonderland that White racists/nativists want to believe it was. People weren't too happy when Germans started immigrating here in mass, or when Italians, Irish, and Jews were getting off the boats in the late 1800s. Anti-Catholic and Anti-Semitic sentiments used to be widespread. Heck, even what were essentially racist laws to curb immigration from Southern and Eastern Europe were passed in the early 1900s. America didn't have a large degree of White cultural homogeniety and acceptance till the 50s.

Last edited by TylerJAX; 09-07-2011 at 05:19 PM..

Old 09-07-2011, 05:18 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
So you support the GOVERNMENT FORCING you to interact with blacks? What happened to the freedom of association?
Nobody is forcing you to "interact" with anybody of any race. Now if you want to only interact with white blond people I suggest Sweden.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:20 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
It is delusional, while they were mostly Europeons it was far from homogeneous or any kind of White ethno-national wonderland that White racists/nativists want to believe it was. People weren't too happy when Germans started immigrating here in mass, or when Italians, Irish, and Jews were getting off the boats in the late 1800s. Anti-Catholic and Anti-Semitic sentiments used to be widespread. Heck, even what were essentially racist laws to curb immigration from Southern and Eastern Europe were passed in the early 1900s. America didn't have a large degree of White cultural homogeniety and acceptance till the 50s.
Again. The settlers were Europeans and it was homogeneous. I'm not talking about immigration between the 19th - 20th century.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:25 PM

514 posts, read 764,710 times
Exclamation smart blacks, dumb whites

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeaux View Post
Like your acronym. I have one too. EDIAT = Equality and Diversity in All Things. Not as good as yours, I admit. Anyway, specify what evidence I've cited that is false. I didn't say all blacks abuse women. I didn't say all whites didn't abuse women. For instance, more white men rape white women each year than do blacks. (After all, there are a lot more whites to start with.) However, very few white men rape black women. (A handful, a few dozen at most.) 30,000 rapes against white women are committed by black men.

Why the disparity? Doesn't that indicate a problem? But you won't hear it discussed on the evening news.

Nor did I say appearance has anything to do with it. All of my evidence is based on actions, on actual behavior. Stuff that happened.

Also, there are lots of blacks who are smarter than most whites. And guess what, according to The Bell Curve's analysis, smart blacks do just as well or better than smart whites. But why do less intelligent blacks not do so well? White racism? Or their own lack of...whatever?

By the way, since you're in the Dallas area, I invite you to read the threads I started there in the Dallas forum: What Racial Integration and Diversity Did to Dallas Schools (this August) and Diversity Is Nothing to Be Proud Of (March). Just click my name and stats and find the thread.

I'm happy that you admit that there are many blacks, who are smarter than you. Why blacks would want to live anywhere near you or go to your kids' schools is beyond me.I'm an old white man and would rather live in the 'worst' black or Mexican community than live in the same neighborhood as you. And I have. There are some of the most loving and caring folks there. And many of them appear to be much smarter than you. You obviously don't know anything about U.S. history or its founding documents. Every comment you make is asinine and vile. You're lucky you live in a country that allows you to express this filth. Your views are much closer to Hitler's than those of real Americans. But I'm glad you've put all this vomit out there so we can see what some of America used to be like. BTW, do you call yourself a Christian?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies