Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 07:03 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

I guess the Repugnants think if they scream that all liberals/Democrats are misogynists over one word by a little viewed talk show host that it will hide their historic and continued hatred toward women in ALL their legislation....

but it won't
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 07:08 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Name me one Fox News anchor/commentator who has engaged in the kind of viciousness displayed by the misogynists/raving Left loons on MSNBC?

Fox people don't step over the line like the nuts at MSNBC.
Oh, come on now! You don't have to actually use the C, N or S words to come across as a misogynist and/or raving nut job. Rush and Beck are often vicious in their attacks and don't mind twisting the truth and history in ways that across the line of common decency and fair play. Their pundit style is based on hysterics and pushing the envelope. The only reason you don't notice it with right wing pundits is because you agree with everything they spoon feed you.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:11 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Good and sensible post! the repugs won't get it....

And, if Schultz is "fringe" then I guess they shouldn't claim all liberals are represented by him.
(but they flip flop and do just that)

And if he has so few viewers as they claim, what's all the hubbub about???
duh!

the hubbub is about women being disrespected.

neither republicans nor democrats should engage in misogyny, and calling women sluts or c**** is not going to be acceptable behavior.

at least he apologized for his behavior, so i will give him that. (although the network probably made him do it)

Old 05-26-2011, 07:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Fear and insecurity breeds name calling.

An alcoholic like Ed can be a big liability.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:19 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Same vitrol and misogyny we are accustomed to seeing fragrantly displayed by the far left. Nothing new by Schultz or other far left personalities but rather just another showing of MSNBC's desperation to get ratings.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 05-26-2011 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-26-2011, 07:22 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
I don't buy his apology. you just don't say stuff like that while under no duress and you certainly don't say it twice.. he said it twice, basically highlighting his point of view about her.. I don't think he is sorry, not one bit.. he is probably loving all the press he is getting from this..

Old 05-26-2011, 07:39 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I don't buy his apology. you just don't say stuff like that while under no duress and you certainly don't say it twice.. he said it twice, basically highlighting his point of view about her.. I don't think he is sorry, not one bit.. he is probably loving all the press he is getting from this..
Schultz and Olbermann came into the studio and hosted special edition shows on the saturday Giffords was shot and both personally apologized if anything they have ever said was taken in an offensive way to entice violence. Which was a real stand up and adult thing for them to do, and shows the class of the left.
On the other hand not a single weekday person came in from fox. Not Hannity, not Beck, no one. Not only that not a single one made any kind of apology. On the contrary Palin came out with her "blood liable" speech making her and fox look even more like disgusting animals.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:41 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Schultz and Olbermann came into the studio and hosted special edition shows on the saturday Giffords was shot and both personally apologized if anything they have ever said was taken in an offensive way to entice violence. Which was a real stand up and adult thing for them to do, and shows the class of the left.
On the other hand not a single weekday person came in from fox. Not Hannity, not Beck, no one. Not only that not a single one made any kind of apology. On the contrary Palin came out with her "blood liable" speech making her and fox look ever more like disgusting animals.

I guess Ed didn't learn much from that incident huh?

Old 05-26-2011, 07:43 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
On the other hand not a single weekday person came in from fox. Not Hannity, not Beck, no one. Not only that not a single one made any kind of apology. On the contrary Palin came out with her "blood liable" speech making her and fox look even more like disgusting animals.

Translation: the above poster condones the flagrant vitriol and misogyny displayed by Schultz, Olbermann and others.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:

My question, why did they even go there in the first place, to be apologizing to anyone?
Passing blame and absolutely no accountability!
Classic Progressive.

What have Hannity, Beck, or anyone on any of he other networks said, that even come anywhere close to the vile crap spewing from the Progressive talking heads at MSNBC?

It is very clear, unless there is a mental block.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies