Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 06:10 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Of what?
Our incredible country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 06:26 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Our incredible country.
No really, of what?

Old 05-31-2011, 06:32 PM

934 posts, read 1,346,765 times
Hope and Change?

Old 05-31-2011, 06:38 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,606,544 times
I was thinking that the right (republicans) have lost touch with reality and the true America. I still think that.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:41 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,507 times
Default Tsk ... Tsk ... OTAY, GO AHEAD YA'LL ... VOTE FER THIS NIGHTMARE AGAIN !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This goes out to you folks who voted for Obama in Nov. 2008, what were you thinking when you pulled that lever in the voting booth?:

• Were you thinking, “Ya know, our national debt is waaay too small, we need to add a few more trillion to it ASAP.â€
  • Were you thinking, “Two wars in the Mid East is just not enough! I hope 0bama starts a third war."
  • Were you thinking, "I hope 0bama steps up the war in Afghanistan with 30,000 more soldiers and widens the war into Pakistan and increases missile attacks from Predator drones.â€
  • Were you thinking, “Gee, I hope 0bama doesn’t repeal Bush’s Domestic Spying Program."
  • Were you thinking, "I hope 0bama keeps Gitmo open, and maintains rendition of suspected terrorists.â€
  • Were you thinking, “I really hope 0bama increases the unemployment rate to 9% or 10%.â€
  • Were you thinking, “Golly, I really hope 0bama starts printing trillions of US dollars, to monetize our national debt.â€
  • Were you thinking, “I hope 0bama keeps the Bush tax cuts in place.â€
  • Were you thinking, “I hope 0bama renews those civilian contracts for Halliburton and Blackwater.â€
  • Were you thinking, “I hope 0bama cuts $500,000,000,000 from Medicare.â€
  • Were you thinking, “I hope prices for a gallon of gasoline soar to over $4.â€
  • Were you thinking, “I really hope 0bama runs up at least 1.5 trillion dollar deficits each and every yearâ€.
  • Were you thinking, “I really, really, hope 0bama signs legislation that makes it impossible for businesses and unions to support health care insurance for their employees or union members.â€
Please think, in 2012.

wapasha !!! ... On The Money !

Indeed ... It truly appears that any "thinking" and any type of thought process at tall was definitely in bloody short supply amongst those lil ole HO "Automatons" during the last WH Occupant election. What !

These "Pea Brained" blighters have proven to the rest of the world just how exceeding brilliant they truly be are as a result of the "One" fiasco !

How exceedingly Pitiful !

Cheerio / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 05-31-2011, 06:43 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
1. Anybody who knows anything about political history in this country knew that the minority party was going to pick up at least one chamber. Rest assured, Obama knew and didn't have "a temper tantrum"
It didn't happen in 2002.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:47 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:

2. Get over the teleprompter gag. Try to find something that hasn't been disproven over and over and over again with his press conferences and various public meetings.

You may find this a gag. I don't.

YouTube - ‪Fort Hood Shooting: Obama gives wierd "Shout-Outs", pushes agenda and THEN comments on massacre!‬‏

Old 05-31-2011, 06:54 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
I live in a very blue state, so Obama didn't need my vote. If the election had been close, I would have voted for Obama, because I sincerely believe that it was time for a black president.

I voted for McCain out of respect for his service to the country. I sincerely wish that he had been nominated in 2000, when he was obviously the better candidate.

Obama deserved to be elected. He was the more capable of the two candidates running in 2008. And unless the GOP can come up with someone better than the current crop, he should be re-elected.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think Obama has performed particulalry well. The economy is in shreds, our foriegn policy is mush, and one more mediocre SCOTUS appointment will cripple our society for decades to come. But the Republicans I see don't seem able to do much more than carry the water for folks with nutball social views and those who are already rich.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:12 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
I was thinking "Holy sh%$#@!!!! That bimbo Sarah Palin a heartbeat away from the White House?!? NO, thanks!"

Old 05-31-2011, 10:50 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I was thinking "Holy sh%$#@!!!! That bimbo Sarah Palin a heartbeat away from the White House?!? NO, thanks!"
Yeah, just think. It could have been John Edwards....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies