Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 10:15 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times

Advertisements

What was I thinking in 2008, when I voted for Obama? Pretty much the same thing that I will be thinking in 2012 when I vote for him again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 10:16 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
I was thinking:

Better a mediocre, less experienced candidate than a GOP tool beholden to the extreme Right.

When McCain added Palin to the ticket, that very much cemented my decision.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:34 AM

60 posts, read 127,802 times
I was thinking it was likely he would be to the left of Richard Nixon. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:39 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This goes out to you folks who voted for Obama in Nov. 2008, what were you thinking when you pulled that lever in the voting booth?:

• Were you thinking, “Ya know, our national debt is waaay too small, we need to add a few more trillion to it ASAP.”
  • Were you thinking, “Two wars in the Mid East is just not enough! I hope 0bama starts a third war."
  • Were you thinking, "I hope 0bama steps up the war in Afghanistan with 30,000 more soldiers and widens the war into Pakistan and increases missile attacks from Predator drones.”
  • Were you thinking, “Gee, I hope 0bama doesn’t repeal Bush’s Domestic Spying Program."
  • Were you thinking, "I hope 0bama keeps Gitmo open, and maintains rendition of suspected terrorists.”
  • Were you thinking, “I really hope 0bama increases the unemployment rate to 9% or 10%.”
  • Were you thinking, “Golly, I really hope 0bama starts printing trillions of US dollars, to monetize our national debt.”
  • Were you thinking, “I hope 0bama keeps the Bush tax cuts in place.”
  • Were you thinking, “I hope 0bama renews those civilian contracts for Halliburton and Blackwater.”
  • Were you thinking, “I hope 0bama cuts $500,000,000,000 from Medicare.”
  • Were you thinking, “I hope prices for a gallon of gasoline soar to over $4.”
  • Were you thinking, “I really hope 0bama runs up at least 1.5 trillion dollar deficits each and every year”.
  • Were you thinking, “I really, really, hope 0bama signs legislation that makes it impossible for businesses and unions to support health care insurance for their employees or union members.”
Please think, in 2012.
Nope...my thought was that Jack ass McCain what the hell was he thinking

Old 05-26-2011, 11:17 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This goes out to you folks who voted for Obama in Nov. 2008, what were you thinking when you pulled that lever in the voting booth?:

• Were you thinking, “Ya know, our national debt is waaay too small, we need to add a few more trillion to it ASAP.”
  • Were you thinking, “Two wars in the Mid East is just not enough! I hope 0bama starts a third war."
  • Were you thinking, "I hope 0bama steps up the war in Afghanistan with 30,000 more soldiers and widens the war into Pakistan and increases missile attacks from Predator drones.”
  • Were you thinking, “Gee, I hope 0bama doesn’t repeal Bush’s Domestic Spying Program."
  • Were you thinking, "I hope 0bama keeps Gitmo open, and maintains rendition of suspected terrorists.”
  • Were you thinking, “I really hope 0bama increases the unemployment rate to 9% or 10%.”
  • Were you thinking, “Golly, I really hope 0bama starts printing trillions of US dollars, to monetize our national debt.”
  • Were you thinking, “I hope 0bama keeps the Bush tax cuts in place.”
  • Were you thinking, “I hope 0bama renews those civilian contracts for Halliburton and Blackwater.”
  • Were you thinking, “I hope 0bama cuts $500,000,000,000 from Medicare.”
  • Were you thinking, “I hope prices for a gallon of gasoline soar to over $4.”
  • Were you thinking, “I really hope 0bama runs up at least 1.5 trillion dollar deficits each and every year”.
  • Were you thinking, “I really, really, hope 0bama signs legislation that makes it impossible for businesses and unions to support health care insurance for their employees or union members.”
Please think, in 2012.
I was thinking, "Whomever all the people that voted for Bush TWO TIMES decide to vote for in this election...... I'm voting for the OTHER guy."..

Old 05-26-2011, 01:15 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
I was thinking I liked his temperament and judgement, so I voted for him. I probably will vote for him in 2012.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:36 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The remote possibility that Sarah Palin would be president.

I can see the Sears tower from my house, I guess I'm qualified to manage the Sears tower.
Just to clue you in the "I can see Russia from my house" was part of the famous Saturday Night Live skit as they were uttered by Tina Fey playing Palin to parody what the Alaska governor had actually said in an interview with Gibson from September 2008.

Do you know what "parody" is? It isn't something you get mixed up with taking it as fact.

The parody comes from when asked by Charlie Gibson "What insight into Russian actions particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of this state give you?"

Palin responded: "They're our next door neighbors. And you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska."

And you can actually see Russian land from Alaska.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:41 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,454 times
9/11
3,000 dead
Bush in charge

5/1
Osama bin Laden dead
Obama in charge

Old 05-26-2011, 01:45 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,392 times
I don't think they thought at all when they voted for Obama, just like I don't think the idiots thought at all when they voted for Bush. People are basically too much like lemmings and they damn act like it and one can see it in this forum and others on the internet.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:45 PM

512 posts, read 861,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
In 2008 when I voted for Obama, I voted for him because I thought he would end the wars and repeal the patriot act, and because he was black. Obama is not going to receive my vote in 2012 no matter what, and I voted GOP in 2010 and re-registered Republican so I can vote in the GOP primaries for Ron Paul
I'm glad you're being honest, and I ask you this with complete respect, but what did his color have to do with your reason to vote for him? Honest question, no sarcasm or ill intent, just wondering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies