Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 11:08 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,372,534 times

Advertisements

I'd say it's crime caused by the out of works in the urban areas and new illegal imports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 11:16 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,430,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
You conveniently left out the fact that those other groups EVOLVED.

While many blacks have left the ghetto, a LOT of other blacks have stayed behind to proudly continue the long tradition of social failure and excuse-making. This is a permanent underclass because they like it like that.

The Italians, Polish, Jews, Germans who came here worked hard to make things BETTER for their children. Those parents didn't make excuses about "slavery" or "Jim Crow" or "the white man was mean to us".

All ethnic groups in America have a long history of struggle.

Only one ethnic group wallows in the past and uses it as a crutch.
Can you think of any other ethnic group that has suffered more than African Americans? The argument could be made that Native Americans suffered more but the fact remains neither group is doing well in America, and to blame these groups for the persecution they endured is not only unfair, it is inaccurate.

Poles, Germans, Jews, Italians and Irish all have one thing in common: They are WHITE.

Ya think that made their transition to the United States a little easier?

And if you think it's easy for a young black person from the projects to find a job in America you know little about the job market.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:24 AM

3,951 posts, read 7,170,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
and unfairness manifest in degrees there of as some groups get an unfair amount of unfairness.
That's been happening since the beginning of time.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:31 AM

3,951 posts, read 7,170,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

And if you think it's easy for a young black person from the projects to find a job in America you know little about the job market.
Its not easy for a young white person from the rural south or midwest to find a job either.

Its more a case of having the smarts than what you look like.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:28 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,527,741 times
Quote:
Nope....you DON'T get it!

That racism reflects the ignorance of the founding fathers of this nation....who created a nation on the doctrine of Black inferiority. That was hundreds of years ago.....yet such ignorance is still alive and well. Thus, is it any wonder that the impact of slavery upon blacks is alive and well too? Those years did not seem to erase white racism.....so why would anyone expect those years to erase the EFFECT of what racism?

Yep....that is ONE of the AFFECTS.....another was slavery, Jim Crow and continued white racism.
Why are some black people who were born dirt poor strong enough to deal with the past and succeed (Oprah, Condi Rice, Robert Johnson, Don Peebles, Quintin Primo, Ulysses Bridgeman, Jr., Kenneth Chenault, Stanley O'Neal, Richard Parsons, Clarence Thomas, Thomas Sowell and Herman Cain) while many, many, many other blacks unable to deal with a less than perfect history just moan and groan, "Whoa is me" and "Slavery holds me back"?

I think a lot of it has to do with educated blacks who use victimhood like a tool to control less educated blacks. They teach less educated blacks that the reason they smoke crack or rob liquor stores is not because they have free will and their own brain which they choose not to use. No, its because some farmer in 1823 owned his ancestor and treated him badly. That way the (mis) educated blacks can control their less educated brothers and sisters. Evil but effective.

When someone like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton tell you that your life of failure is not your fault but somebody else's fault then that relieves you of any responsibility for your own life.

That is the easy way out.

You think Oprah would be were she is now if she had fallen into the trap of "I can't do anything because the white people are mean to me"?

Last edited by clb10; 05-29-2011 at 01:40 PM..

Old 05-29-2011, 01:33 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,258,833 times
Quote:
You conveniently left out the fact that those other groups EVOLVED.

While many blacks have left the ghetto, a LOT of other blacks have stayed behind to proudly continue the long tradition of social failure and excuse-making. This is a permanent underclass because they like it like that.

The Italians, Polish, Jews, Germans who came here worked hard to make things BETTER for their children. Those parents didn't make excuses about "slavery" or "Jim Crow" or "the white man was mean to us".

All ethnic groups in America have a long history of struggle.

Only one ethnic group wallows in the past and uses it as a crutch.
I have a question for Black conservatives on this board, and real Black conservatives, not the fake posters on here who pretend to be Black.

Conservatives have stated that Blacks have not evolved, they compare a Black man to a monkey, and say he should go back to Africa, yet they wonder why Blacks don't flock to the GOP or tea party.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Can you think of any other ethnic group that has suffered more than African Americans? The argument could be made that Native Americans suffered more but the fact remains neither group is doing well in America, and to blame these groups for the persecution they endured is not only unfair, it is inaccurate.

Poles, Germans, Jews, Italians and Irish all have one thing in common: They are WHITE.

Ya think that made their transition to the United States a little easier?

The liberal brainwashing is complete once you think its normal to complain that finding a job in a recession is not easy enough.

Also, a lot of your Jewish neighbors are in America because white people persecuted them despite their white skin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Je...Russian_Empire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocau...2.80.931943.29

What did the Irish get when they came here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Irish_Need_Apply

How about the Italians?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-It..._United_States

And the Germans?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-German_sentiment#United_States

So read a book or two because blacks ain't the only ones who had it tough, buster. Believe me!

Old 05-29-2011, 02:09 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,301,064 times
Life's not fair. The sooner you learn that lesson, the better off you'll be in life.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:32 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,650,199 times
Quote:
Why are some black people who were born dirt poor strong enough to deal with the past and succeed (Oprah, Condi Rice, Robert Johnson, Don Peebles, Quintin Primo, Ulysses Bridgeman, Jr., Kenneth Chenault, Stanley O'Neal, Richard Parsons, Clarence Thomas, Thomas Sowell and Herman Cain) while many, many, many other blacks unable to deal with a less than perfect history just moan and groan, "Whoa is me" and "Slavery holds me back"?
For the same reason that some blacks can stand 6 feet and dunk a basketball backwards in a single bound....our run the 100 meters in less than 10 seconds, while others blacks cannot and could never. Its the same reason that some whites become billionairs by starting companies like Microsoft, Google or Facebook, while other whites languish behind. Its called exceptionalism. Some people are have something inate that others lack, not because of race, but individual biology. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out....so you should have a go at it.

Quote:
I think a lot of it has to do with educated blacks who use victimhood like a tool to control less educated blacks. They teach less educated blacks that the reason they smoke crack or rob liquor stores is not because they have free will and their own brain which they choose not to use. No, its because some farmer in 1823 owned his ancestor and treated him badly. That way the (mis) educated blacks can control their less educated brothers and sisters. Evil but effective.
I think educated blacks realize that every action creates a reaction and that the accrued actions of 300 years of oppression upon blacks manifested an accrued reaction upon the economics, psychology and culture of blacks. Now.....somone who is uneducated and or disingenuous may interpret cause and effects differently....as blame or victimology. Its like the eathquake and Tsunami in Japan. The earthquake and Tsunami are over, just like slavery and Jim crow.....but why are the people stiff suffering? Its because the reaction to those actions transcended time and space......creating a radiation crisis resulting from the the hurrican and Tsunami, like the cultural crisis in Black America. The radiation will linger long after the fact...and will damage future generations who descended from the exposed after they were exposed.

Quote:
When someone like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton tell you that your life of failure is not your fault but somebody else's fault then that relieves you of any responsibility for your own life.
I don't know when white folks are going to wake up and realize that black people, the masses, don't follow Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They were NEVER elected leaders of black America, but rather, was appointed those position by white folks saying they are....and then giving them media coverage.

Quote:
That is the easy way out.

You think Oprah would be were she is now if she had fallen into the trap of "I can't do anything because the white people are mean to me"?
No one makes it all by themselves. Every success is a combination of individuals and factors. Often its one big break that sets you up in show businesses. Oprah found that break.....and many others of all races did not. Her career could have gone in the opposite direction had she not run into the people she did. I cannot speak for her but Determination and luck, I would think, would be the ingrediants she would give for her success. Many determined people fail in show business.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
For the same reason that some blacks can stand 6 feet and dunk a basketball backwards in a single bound....our run the 100 meters in less than 10 seconds, while others blacks cannot and could never. Its the same reason that some whites become billionairs by starting companies like Microsoft, Google or Facebook, while other whites languish behind. Its called exceptionalism. Some people are have something inate that others lack, not because of race, but individual biology. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out....so you should have a go at it.

I think educated blacks realize that every action creates a reaction and that the accrued actions of 300 years of oppression upon blacks manifested an accrued reaction upon the economics, psychology and culture of blacks. Now.....somone who is uneducated and or disingenuous may interpret cause and effects differently....as blame or victimology. Its like the eathquake and Tsunami in Japan. The earthquake and Tsunami are over, just like slavery and Jim crow.....but why are the people stiff suffering? Its because the reaction to those actions transcended time and space......creating a radiation crisis resulting from the the hurrican and Tsunami, like the cultural crisis in Black America. The radiation will linger long after the fact...and will damage future generations who descended from the exposed after they were exposed.

I don't know when white folks are going to wake up and realize that black people, the masses, don't follow Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They were NEVER elected leaders of black America, but rather, was appointed those position by white folks saying they are....and then giving them media coverage.

No one makes it all by themselves. Every success is a combination of individuals and factors. Often its one big break that sets you up in show businesses. Oprah found that break.....and many others of all races did not. Her career could have gone in the opposite direction had she not run into the people she did. I cannot speak for her but Determination and luck, I would think, would be the ingrediants she would give for her success. Many determined people fail in show business.
I bet if the black community were more self-analyzing and positive little black kids could walk into any classroom with pride and ACE exams.

Negativity ("slavery destroyed us and there is nothing we can do about it") has perpetrated acute failure for generation after generation and only guides these young people to steal, rob and hate themselves.

You reap what you sow and by the sound of gangsta rap we'll all be sowing violence and misogyny for decades to come.

BTW, what ever happened to positive black rap from the early 90's?

YouTube - ‪Intelligent Hoodlum- Black & Proud‬‏

YouTube - ‪Def Jef - Black To The Future‬‏

YouTube - ‪PARIS - Break The Grip Of Shame‬‏

YouTube - ‪Professor Griff - Pawns In The Game‬‏
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies