Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 01:23 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This is wonderful. First Bibi, then Harper, putting obama in his place as he continues his assault on Israel.

Canada takes pro-Israel line at G8 summit - Israel News, Ynetnews

I'm glad someone had the cojones to stand up to the bully-in-chief.

I can just hear him trying to strong arm the group - "hey guys, don't embarrass me, give me what I want here".

A total rebuke of the radical obama's plans.
Hey, I've got an idea. Why doesn't Canada give Israel $3 billion a year instead of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 01:31 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Not much will happen unless and until Palestine agrees that a Jewish state in the area has a right to exist.

Last edited by Cunucu Beach; 05-27-2011 at 02:02 PM..

Old 05-27-2011, 01:57 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
I don't think Obama's plan was very radical at all. Basing the Palestinian state on 1967, with changes to compensate for major settlements and defensible positions, is a plan that many Israelis endorse as well.
But this important starting point of the plan is the border from 1967.
Hey, the Wingers think they're on to sump'n here. Don't confuse them with the facts!

Old 05-27-2011, 02:02 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
He said that?
No, lifelongmogal reads minds.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:04 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It doesn't matter what Obama wants or doesn't want. It's not his country. What matters is what Netenyahu and the Israelis want.
"What matters is what Netenyahu and the Israelis want"... to do with 3 billion US tax dollars per year. Without which, they'd starve, and couldn't fend off an assault by an old Palistinian woman armed with a rolling pin.

There, fixed it for ya.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Harper is just as stupid as the RWNJs who took Obama's words out of context...
Uh...no, his words were not taken out of context. Starting at the 1967 borders is a NON-STARTER, as Bibi TOLD the idiot in the Oval Office lecture and history lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
I don't think Obama's plan was very radical at all. Basing the Palestinian state on 1967, with changes to compensate for major settlements and defensible positions, is a plan that many Israelis endorse as well.
But this important starting point of the plan is the border from 1967.
It is radical and he is the first president ever to insist on it.

Quote:
Netanychu agreed as well...
No, he didn't. Spinning his words won't work in this case. Bibi basically told the fool his idea was an illusion and unrealistic.

Didn't you see the beautiful lecture he gave obama in the oval office? Haven't you heard the bipartisan calls in congress to rebuke obama's "words"?

http://theblogprof.blogspot.com/2011...-lemon-as.html

And now, at the G8, he tried to bully the rest into adopting his language so he doesn't look like such a fool.

Last edited by sanrene; 05-27-2011 at 02:13 PM..

Old 05-27-2011, 02:09 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
hmmm from the OP's link:

"The framework for these negotiations is well known. We urge both parties to return to substantive talks with a view to concluding a framework agreement on all final status issues.

"To that effect, we express our strong support for the vision of Israeli-Palestinian peace outlined by President Obama on May 19, 2011."
Don't you just love how no one addressed your post?

And by the way, you RW's..the G8 talks involve NEGOTIATION. Something you absolutely refuse to do in congress. I bet Obama is feeling pretty good about finally being able to converse with grown-ups at the Summit. You guys even have names for people of your own party who have not forgotten the art of compromise..RINO's, isn't it? So if a republican doesn't fiercely oppose an issue, in your mind, they are not really republicans.

Weird.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Don't you just love how no one addressed your post?

And by the way, you RW's..the G8 talks involve NEGOTIATION. Something you absolutely refuse to do in congress. I bet Obama is feeling pretty good about finally being able to converse with grown-ups at the Summit. You guys even have names for people of your own party who have not forgotten the art of compromise..RINO's, isn't it? So if a republican doesn't fiercely oppose an issue, in your mind, they are not really republicans.

Weird.
He's been prancing around Europe.....coming back with NOTHING.

But really, watch the video link and see how much Bibi agrees with that moron.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:16 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Don't you just love how no one addressed your post?<snip>
The RWNJs only believe what FOX News brainwashes them with.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
The RWNJs only believe what FOX News brainwashes them with.
All you have to do is watch and listen...but I bet you haven't even done that.

The video is WONDERFUL as Bibi totally shows us what a true leader looks like.

He totally rebuked obama's 1967 border comments...and you know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies