Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 11:44 PM

504 posts, read 455,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I am a registered republican-- but there is no way I can vote for Romney... He seems to much like a liberal to me...

I mean he believes in a universal health care system, he changed his stance on abortion in 2005 from pro-choice to pro-life (but can you really change your stance on something like that?), and he raised taxes on businesses in Massachusetts in 2002...

I don't believe he will be much different than Obama or Bush (who are very similar in my opinion)

Do any other Republicans agree?

No matter who gets elected Repub or Dem there is a play-book written by the people who really run this country. The so called president will cooperate or the economic royalists will tank the economy or they will put him in the next Zapruder-snuff-film. The only difference's you will see is in a few token social issues ie repealing dont ask dont tell.

Clinton repealed Glass Stegal and brought you NAFTA CAFTA and GAT

Bush brought you two treasury draining off the books wars and further deregulated things

Obama comes in after all this and turns a blind eye to everything that needs to be corrected and continues 95% of what bush had in play

Im a realist it doesnt Matter. Presidents dont make the decisions.

The president is nothing but a corporate figure head---------That is until we (the people) take our Government back. Cant get the Country back till you get ahold of the steering wheel that controls it.

SO your musings are irrelevant!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 11:53 PM

30,871 posts, read 36,796,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
No matter who gets elected Repub or Dem there is a play-book written by the people who really run this country. The so called president will cooperate or the economic royalists will tank the economy or they will put him in the next Zapruder-snuff-film. The only difference's you will see is in a few token social issues ie repealing dont ask dont tell.

Clinton repealed Glass Stegal and brought you NAFTA CAFTA and GAT

Bush brought you two treasury draining off the books wars and further deregulated things

Obama comes in after all this and turns a blind eye to everything that needs to be corrected and continues 95% of what bush had in play

Im a realist it doesnt Matter. Presidents dont make the decisions.

The president is nothing but a corporate figure head---------That is until we (the people) take our Government back. Cant get the Country back till you get ahold of the steering wheel that controls it.

SO your musings are irrelevant!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^^This^^^^ When will people understand that you don't even get to run for president unless you kowtow to the ruling elite?

Old 05-28-2011, 12:01 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,858,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I can't tell you how the responses on this thread warm my Obama loving heart.
You can add Huntsman and Gingrich to the Fail list also. Gingrich , Huntsman and Romney = An Obama win.

It's still early, hopefully a strong REAL Conservative candidate gets nominated.

What might make the race real interesting is if Obama has a strong Democrat come into the race against him for the Dem. ticket.

Romney seems too quiet/cautious at the moment like he has something to hide.

The last thing the Republicans need to nominate is a flipflopping/weak RINO.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:36 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,936,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You can add Huntsman and Gingrich to the Fail list also. Gingrich , Huntsman and Romney = An Obama win.
Gingrich, yes. Huntsman and Romney not so much.

Quote:
It's still early, hopefully a strong REAL Conservative candidate gets nominated.
Real Conservative? I've come to believe that the GOP as driven such species to the brink of extinction. The few that remain have either adopted the cloaking of the lunatic reactionaries or have gone into hiding.

Quote:
What might make the race real interesting is if Obama has a strong Democrat come into the race against him for the Dem. ticket.
Quite frankly I'm not into interesting, just winning.

Quote:
The last thing the Republicans need to nominate is a flipflopping/weak RINO.
As a Democrat I agree. I definitely will prefer a "strong", obstinate, thick headed reactionary as the Republican standard bearer.

GO Palin, Bachmann, Cain!

Old 05-28-2011, 12:12 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,067,160 times
Conservative here and Romney would not be my choice either.

Now he's in Iowa pandering to the people about government ethanol subsidies being "an important part of energy solutions". Pandering political speak. Pawlenty had the guts to say they should be phased out.

Right now liking Pawlenty and Santorum - hoping for Rick Perry to get in.

Hoping like hell that Palin and Bachmann stay home - that goes for Giuliani as well.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:17 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,755,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I am a registered republican-- but there is no way I can vote for Romney... He seems to much like a liberal to me...

I mean he believes in a universal health care system, he changed his stance on abortion in 2005 from pro-choice to pro-life (but can you really change your stance on something like that?), and he raised taxes on businesses in Massachusetts in 2002...

I don't believe he will be much different than Obama or Bush (who are very similar in my opinion)

Do any other Republicans agree?
I am not a Republican, nor am I a Democrat. I am an Independent, but I don't blame you about how you feel about Romney. I don't like him either. He is just another RINO, who flip-flops on everything.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:22 PM

3,083 posts, read 3,999,733 times
Quote:
Quite frankly I'm not into interesting, just winning.
Yup, partisanship over principle. No surprises there.

Quote:
As a Democrat I agree. I definitely will prefer a "strong", obstinate, thick headed reactionary as the Republican standard bearer. GO Palin, Bachmann, Cain!
Cain has attracted some attention though I doubt he will get many votes from serious conservatives that have actually taken the time to research his positions. His support of the Bush initiated/Obama expanded "Patriot Act" disqualifies him from serious consideration.

Palin or Bachmann as realistic candidates? Dream on. Even the bulk of mainstream, "My party, right or wrong", Republicans have better sense than that.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:24 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,755,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post

Cain has attracted some attention though I doubt he will get many votes from serious conservatives that have actually taken the time to research his positions. His support of the Bush initiated/Obama expanded "Patriot Act" disqualifies him from serious consideration.
You are right about his stances on some issues and it does hurt him. I was all for him until I actually did my own research about him. That said, I would vote for him, as opposed to voting for Obama.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:29 PM

3,083 posts, read 3,999,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
You are right about his stances on some issues and it does hurt him. I was all for him until I actually did my own research about him. That said, I would vote for him, as opposed to voting for Obama.
I don't think I would. I have absolutely no use for Obama (or his unthinking sycophantic followers). That said, at least Obama will receive some opposition to his policies if for no other reason than his party affiliation. Cain would likely get a rubber stamp approval on such issues as continuing/expanding the Patriot Act thanks to the R after his name. Some opposition is better than none.

I refuse to vote for the supposed lesser of two evils.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:38 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,235,906 times
Romney doesn't have to worry about the far right. They'll hold their noses and vote for him. Presidential elections are all about the swing voters: soccer moms etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies