Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 05:59 PM

629 posts, read 771,095 times

Advertisements

Intelligent by what measure? An IQ test written and taught by liberal academics. Excuse me if I find you tool to be somewhat blunt and biased.

Google "Chitlin test" and report back here for you reaming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 06:01 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,564,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
Intelligent by what measure? An IQ test written and taught by liberal academics. Excuse me if I find you tool to be somewhat blunt and biased.

Google "Chitlin test" and report back here for you reaming.
When you can't pass the test, you discredit it. It's not my fault conservatives have low IQ.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:04 PM

629 posts, read 771,095 times
LOL!!! thats a knee slapper

you go guy

Old 12-05-2011, 06:32 PM

24,507 posts, read 33,286,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
It does equate to higher intelligence. It takes great rational thought and reasoning ability to have an open mind. However, it only takes animal like instincts to have a closed conservative mind.
In that case, let me know if and when liberals ever have those two traits.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:42 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,198 times
Because social science studies research is so reliable...

"Scientific theories cannot be confirmed, an eminent philosopher of science has argued; they can only be falsified. But facts can be confirmed.And here’s a fact about a famous (now infamous) social scientist: He’s a fraud.It’s been confirmed.The fascinating case of social psychologist Diederik A. Stapel serves as a cautionary tale. The caution is to those of us who write about science, who ruminate on what we read about science in the news, or anyone just curious about the world.It turns out that not everyone who purports to have discovered something has discovered much of anything. Sometimes they’re simply lying.Stapel is a liar. He’s been caught. He’s even confessed."

Non-science, a cautionary tale - Page 1 - Paul Jacob - Townhall Conservative

Old 12-05-2011, 07:07 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,094 times
Really? Well, I suppose there's a study, somewhere that can say just about anything we need, eh?

I've heard that there's a study that shows that liberalism is linked to, among many things an absence of intuitive ability. What I got from that is that they believe anything they're taught or brainwashed to believe.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:48 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,564,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Really? Well, I suppose there's a study, somewhere that can say just about anything we need, eh?

I've heard that there's a study that shows that liberalism is linked to, among many things an absence of intuitive ability. What I got from that is that they believe anything they're taught or brainwashed to believe.
Writing in maroon red won't make your point any more credible.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:18 PM

701 posts, read 1,031,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
I was googling around trying to find a studies that link fringe political views (from either side) to cognitive ability and found this study instead.

Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives? — The American Magazine

I'm a little behind the times since it is from a few years ago. A researcher looked at political views and tried to link them to intelligence. It wasn't the case that conservatives in general or Republicans had lower intelligence levels, but social conservatives were shown to have lower levels of intelligence. That would include people who vote based on values and not conservative financial principles.

It's an interesting study. In thinking about the outcome, it does make sense to me. I've challenged social conservatives to debates on several fronts (as I do with people of all political mindsets) and in the end when all of their rationalizations are shot down, it all comes back to emotion as their justification. Perhaps these people have a left side of the brain that is weak and thus dominated by the right.

I'd be interested to see if anyone has found any other studies in similar peer reviewed journals.
It's clear as a bell conservatives have lower intelligence than liberals. Just look at the Republican candidates, who amount to buffoons. Hell, Herman Cain's farewell words of "wisdom" were from the Pokemon movie!

He probably saw it with one of his ho's while his wife was making his dinner.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:26 AM

27,098 posts, read 15,289,002 times
Quote:

Leading the same to call the ability to fall for anything "an open mind".

Old 12-06-2011, 03:33 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,013,167 times
Quote:

I've heard that birds fly south for a reason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies