Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 03:57 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,285,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollymixture View Post
I'm no Sarah Palin fan, but it was Tina-Fey-as-Palin who originated that quote.
Correct, Palin said I'm qualified to be Vice President because I can see Russia from Alaska.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 05:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
This is the latest mantra of the RW. Yesterday, I saw a post vilifying the Dems for "throwing under the bus" the likes of Paula Jones and some other women. Of course, no mention of Anita Hill, or how the left has mocked Hillary Clinton, Janet Reno, and others.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:00 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,593 times
i really wonder if some conservative posters on here are on the republican party payroll.. I mean really
some of the "enlightening" information posted by a handfull of you is so crazy that it smells of the typical ridiculousness out of the republican political machine
what's worse is for some.. they actually believe it

Old 05-29-2011, 07:05 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
After watching one of my most unfavorite women in the political arena on Fox News Sunday today I was wondering about that question when I came across this piece. The woman is Debbie Wasserman Schultz and I have never been able to understand how she thinks, if she even does think. Anyway here is a good discussion of her and some of the outstanding women in the Republican Party. I will admit that Michele Bachman is several times smarter than Wasserman Schultz except for her knowledge of colonial geography and it would be fun to see them debate about taxes and the like.

Why Do Liberals See Women As Stupid? - Kevin McCullough - Townhall Conservative

One reoccurring theme I find with leftists is if you disagree with them...........well then, you are a stupid idiot (see MSNBC and left wing netroots). That is what is playing out with both the villification of the Teaparty and outspoken conservative women.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:14 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
One reoccurring theme I find with leftists is if you disagree with them...........well then, you are a stupid idiot (see MSNBC and left wing netroots). That is what is playing out with both the villification of the Teaparty and outspoken conservative women.
no if you disagree with someone you need to have a logical reasonable argument to support your claim, and be willing to change your views according to evidence... Many opinions on the right do not do this..
sometimes it's really embarrassing, although they aren't embarrassed at all, but everyone else in the room is embarrassed for them

Old 05-29-2011, 07:16 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,685,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
And....?

Old 05-29-2011, 07:42 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
no if you disagree with someone you need to have a logical reasonable argument to support your claim, and be willing to change your views according to evidence... Many opinions on the right do not do this..
sometimes it's really embarrassing, although they aren't embarrassed at all, but everyone else in the room is embarrassed for them
Well, if I was to tell most liberals that the SS trust fund is a political/accounting gimmick, and that it had no saleable assets in it.....well, they would say I was just spewing right wing talking points and I am a moron.

10,854 posts, read 9,297,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Same point made ad nauseum... Liberals will protect the rights of women, but not babies. They'll protect the rights of murderers, but not the victims. Bla bla bla bla bla... I hope you have a sharpie so you can write it on a flag and hoist it up the pole as the US America sinks into the sea of mediocrity.
And Conservatives will protect the rights of White Christian males AND corporations and not much else.

Now what's your point?

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,826,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post

The whole premise of this thread is faulty.
Troll-y

Old 05-29-2011, 10:11 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Troll-y
Have you read the link yet? I think not or you may be able to see what the author said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies