Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 03:47 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
There is no inflation.

It's all in your mind. (until after November 2012)
That's a bold prediction for a party that just lost a seat in what was once a solidly Republican district.

Republicans won the senior vote in 2010. After voting to kill Medicare you can bet those same seniors won't forget and will punish Republicans for giving tax cuts to the rich while voting to kill Medicare.

November 2012 is coming...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You have to ask yourself WHY they are not drilling. Do you think every inch of that acreage contains oil?

The list is long and varied on his agenda of crippling domestic drilling and exploration and no amount of "but the leases!" is going to change that.

Oh, these are not my opinions, as you would know if you'd read a bit of what has been posted.
Why are they not drilling?

Do you understand economics? They don't want to increase supply too much and drop the price of oil.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:48 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
People who purchased ginormous vehicles, and don't live close to public transportation have done this to themselves. I had four kids, they all fit in a Subaru Outback, with a dog in back. I did not have a giant Suburban Mini-van.

Kids can and should ride bikes to school, work, or take the bus. Poor planning on the parents for not living close to access to public transportation is not my problem. Did they forget the gas crisis in the 70's?
Well good for you. Life isn't always that simple, though, is it. Each family gets what they can get. Each family drives what best suits them as a family, and their needs. Now a days, it isn't so easy to move closer to work. You lose your job, you take whatever job you can get. No matter how far away it is. You say move closer to your job. Well, try and sell a house in this ecomomy. Easier said than done.
Your attitude stinks.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Why are they not drilling?

Do you understand economics? They don't want to increase supply too much and drop the price of oil.
Actually demand is down according to foreign tanker companies.
And these very same companies are front and center of the oil speculation hearings.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:53 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
That's a bold prediction for a party that just lost a seat in what was once a solidly Republican district.

Republicans won the senior vote in 2010. After voting to kill Medicare you can bet those same seniors won't forget and will punish Republicans for giving tax cuts to the rich while voting to kill Medicare.

Come on now.

You're smart enough to realize that had the fake "teaparty" candidate, who BTW ran as a liberal democrat TWICE prior to this, and spent close to two million dollars of his own money hadn't run, the conservative would surely have won.

I don't mind being confronted on an issue, just tell the whole story.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Come on now.

You're smart enough to realize that had the fake "teaparty" candidate, who BTW ran as a liberal democrat TWICE prior to this, and spent close to two million dollars of his own money hadn't run, the conservative would surely have won.

I don't mind being confronted on an issue, just tell the whole story.
Add up what the Republican got and the Tea party candidate got and you still see a 20% drop in the vote compared to just last year.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:11 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
My attitude "stinks"? Interesting. When people buy homes, they need to think in terms of easy access to public transportation. So, that even if a job loss occurs, finding new employment is usually located close to public transportation. Even if I lost my current job today, I would just get on the metro train, a five minute walk from my home, and look at all the places of employment at each stop. Major hospitals, university campus, government center, court houses, sports arenas...lots of places to find jobs.

Parents can also save money by reducing trips to the store, run out something? Make do, until you go when scheduled.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:11 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Guess what -- Bush hasn't been president since 2008. Why are you still so focused on him?
I'm not (its comparative for Obama blamers). Its to emphasize that both sides do not care about the people. Its time to get Big Business out of DC. Its time to clean out both houses.

On another note it doesnt matter how much is drilled in the US. The price is still going to be set Wall Street. And if we dont build more refinaries, the excess will need to be sent to other countries to be refined.

Quote:
i am so sick and tired of people driving thier 15mpg vehicles and whining about how much money they spend on gas.
Sorry you've got the wrong group whining. This group accepts the cost of gas and adjusts its driving habits as much as feasable. I as part of this group know what I own and do not deny the reality of it. The whiners are the people with cars/minivans/crossovers who have mpg's in the 20's.
And the ones with minivans/cossovers do you rarely ever seem them carrying more than one person.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:17 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Wow. Remember when liberals, supposedly outraged by the fleecing of Americans and self-righteous "no war for oil", used to riot and violently protest when gas was $2 under Bush?
Rightwing history revisionism

Old 05-29-2011, 05:17 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Flashback 2008:

YouTube - ‪Obama's Solution to High Gas Prices: "Inflate Your Tires".‬‏

Obama's energy policy hasn't changed from when he was a candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies