Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 08:40 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
These threads are embarrassing to anyone with a working brain.
This. A million times this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 08:53 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaku View Post
His (Who Me) posts drip with hate. So sad.
This post drips with nothing....no answers...and the kiss of death for credibility is the trite overused "so sad' comment...... translated to "can't answer intelligently so I'll make the "hate, so sad " comment...

IF the poster had even a teeny bit of substance or backbone they'd show an example of this "hate" they're burbling about...and then maybe comment on the TOPIC

Old 05-31-2011, 09:01 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,534,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
This. A million times this.
Thank you. I mean a working brain which goes past party lines. I cannot believe some of the threads started here, its like going to some pre-teen forum or something. Ridiculous and I wasted a click.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:04 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Bold above, mine.

So NO President should visit other countries?

NO world leaders , of which Obama is one, should EVER travel to other countries?

"""He was able to fly over to push for the Olympics and was back lickety split, so he "could" have come back anytime. ""

Life is so SIMPLE for some....maybe you should volunteer to arrange his travel since it's so easy for you
Sad that you think he should be our nanny and have to make government bigger by micro-managing......though you guys were for smaller government.....read back a few pages...
I never said he should never travel to other countries. I just think that, given our economic situation, he should cut back and actually lead THIS country.

Life is so HYPOCRITICAL for some. You said it was difficult for him to come back quickly. I pointed out that it's been done before, then you make excuses and sarcasm. I know, all you've got with a president that can't lead.

Enough with the eye rolling. Must be the newest thing at Media Matters - can't have an intelligent discussion, so we must eye roll.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:07 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishCream View Post
Beck - Fired by Faux News after ratings slump and advertisers bailing on him

Palin - Quit halfway through her term as governor

Trump - Ran the birther issue into the ground, was proven wrong, and then decided not to run

Nice bunch you have there.
Beck - a LIE that he was fired. Never said he would run for president.

Palin - at least she only quit 1 term. Unlike Obama who hasn't finished any of his terms yet. Not running for president.

Trump - lots of folks decide not to run. But he sure made you libs squirm.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:12 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I never said he should never travel to other countries. I just think that, given our economic situation, he should cut back and actually lead THIS country.

Life is so HYPOCRITICAL for some. You said it was difficult for him to come back quickly. I pointed out that it's been done before, then you make excuses and sarcasm. I know, all you've got with a president that can't lead.

Enough with the eye rolling. Must be the newest thing at Media Matters - can't have an intelligent discussion, so we must eye roll.
...that you think he should be our nanny and have to make government bigger by micro-managing......thought you guys were for smaller government.....read back a few pages...

NO one gave excuses ...if you could be bothered to read something that doesn't drip hate for Obama you'd see REASONS he couldn't just fly back especially when it wasn't NEEDED...

NOW YOU
explain just what would've been accomplished differently if Obama had been in the middle of the destruction within hours.....explain...go right ahead....

Old 05-31-2011, 06:30 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Cut the man some slack on the date thing. He was in a different time zone having meetings at a time of the day/night when he'd normally still be in bed, if he were back in D.C.

President's Schedule | The White House
You've godda be kidding.

He IS the President of the United States. He lives is a fish bowl. Every thing he does, every thing he says is broadcast all over the world.

We pay millions of tax dollars a year for a staff of hundreds to make sure his very action in public is according to protocol to make sure he represents the U.S. in the very best light possible.

I'll bet I can find a posting by you saying something about when Bush made a verbal mistake. (of which he a made many)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies